rllmuk
Marlowe

Netflix - Releases & Recommendations

13 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

About 8 I think.

I didn't know I could listen to it not dubbed.  (I've only just discovered where the subtitle option is.)

I just had a look, under the menu for the show is ‘Audio and Subtitles’, I’ve got ‘English’ ticked under subtitles and ‘Japanese [Original]’ ticked under audio.

No kidding, you’ll be just amazed where they go with this. Such a wonderful show.

• Upvote 1

On 05/11/2019 at 07:26, lolly said:

The end of the fucking world season 1 was pretty short and punchy, burned through it last week, thought it was decent.

We just finished s2 on All4.

Not as good as the amazing s1, but still decent.

On 03/11/2019 at 06:23, Pete said:

End of evangelion is basically

I sort of saw EoE as

what goes on outside Shinji’s head/externally, during the same time period as the last episodes of NGE which show what is going on in Shinji’s head/internally

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

I just had a look, under the menu for the show is ‘Audio and Subtitles’, I’ve got ‘English’ ticked under subtitles and ‘Japanese [Original]’ ticked under audio.

No kidding, you’ll be just amazed where they go with this. Such a wonderful show.

Cheers. That will be an improvement.

Just watched Klaus and utterly shocked to say. Cracking Christmas film with a lovely 2d/3d style of animation. 

That's two Netflix movies in a row that are good now. This and Dolemite. 

• Upvote 2

I've had this bloody Netflix service since April and I think I can count on one hand the number of things I've watched from start to finish...usually what happens is I'll fire up the app and then spend the next 30mins sitting there like a zombie scrolling through whats available, can't make my mind up, so turn it off...

I find Netflix's content a mile wide but an inch deep.

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 3

3 hours ago, MpM said:

I've had this bloody Netflix service since April and I think I can count on one hand the number of things I've watched from start to finish...usually what happens is I'll fire up the app and then spend the next 30mins sitting there like a zombie scrolling through whats available, can't make my mind up, so turn it off...

UK Netflix?

• Upvote 2

I watched 'Earthquake Bird’ this evening and quite enjoyed it, slow burner but loved the Japanese scenery and overall aesthetic, the characters were a little one dimensional however. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I watched 'Earthquake Girl" this evening and quite enjoyed it, slow burner but loved the Japanese scenery and overall aesthetic, the characters were a little one dimensional however. 

Earthquake Bird?

• Upvote 1

On 23/11/2019 at 16:44, MpM said:

Scrolling around is definitely the fun bit. Until Better Call Saul.

• Upvote 1

I've always thought Netflix could do with a watch something random button. Possibly tailored to your likes, possibly not. You could even put in a feature that delays you switching the choice for around ten minutes so you really commit.

• Upvote 2

On 23/11/2019 at 16:44, MpM said:

Go through this thread, add recommendations to your list, watch them. Continue watching the ones you like. Watch the algorithm improve

• Upvote 2

I think I preferred Netflix before it was mostly about pushing its own content;, although admittedly some of its own stuff has been brilliant.

• Upvote 1

My parents are in the UK. I kid you not, I check the UK netflix new arrivals EVERY week and have done for years. I cannot believe how bad it is, it honestly feels like I can only recommend about 2-3 films for them a year. I'm talking of ONLY films btw where they seem to only get films that are at least 3 or so years old or just awful. Canada netflix however, there is at least a handful of films every month that is relatively new and actually a well known good film even if it's not my cup of tea.

Capwn, there are loads of films on there from the last year or two (in fact there are 1500 titles from 2018/19 alone). The UK has the fourth largest library in the world and has for quite some time although the US and Canada are ahead significantly in their 1 & 2 spots.

The way Netflix organises them leaves something to be desired but that's where sites like newonnetflix come in handy.

Honestly, "There's nothing on UK Netflix" is a decision making failure rather than a paucity of choice although you could always teach your mum how to use a VPN I suppose.  

• Upvote 1

On 22/11/2019 at 15:41, ZOK said:

I’m still on episode 24...I’m tempted to leave 25 & 26 for a Christmas treat.

Finished it last night. That's quite an ending.

There are two Evangelion films on Netflix.  The End Of... and Death (True).  Is there a correct order to watch these in, or should I avoid?  And what should I watch next?

End of Evangelion is the ‘real’ ending, made with a proper budget. 

Death (True) is a recap of the whole show in condensed form with some new interstitial scenes for cohesion. 

There are a few others too but basically as far as I recall everything after EoE is just reheated, recut and reused stuff from the show. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve ordered both, I understand there is stuff fleshed out and nastier in Death & Rebirth, so I’m up for that - and I got the dvd for £1.50 on eBay.