Asura's Wrath (Capcom)

hanzo

Just completed the demo that popped up on Live. Uhm wat. Wat did I just play. It's like an episode of Dragonball Z and Naruto mashed up or something, with nothing but QTEs layed over top. I'm seriously confused. Is this what the whole game is going to be like? I quite like the chunky characters and epic world shattering stuff, but it's all just button prompts.. and a minimal arena-like running around smashy thing. It wasn't compeltely unenjoyable, but this must be one of Capcom's stranger experiments at the moment.

Ah, sorry ol' buddy but man, how the hell do I search this forum properly? I searched for Asura's Wrath, asuras wrath, and asura and all I could find were some single posts here and there. Can someone merge? :(

I know, search sucks. For future reference, I'd recommend using ctrl+f and searching for topics that way. Not guaranteed but it's a lot easier than wading through pages, trying to find the right thread.

Just completed the demo that popped up on Live. Uhm wat. Wat did I just play. It's like an episode of Dragonball Z and Naruto mashed up or something, with nothing but QTEs layed over top. I'm seriously confused. Is this what the whole game is going to be like? I quite like the chunky characters and epic world shattering stuff, but it's all just button prompts.. and a minimal arena-like running around smashy thing. It wasn't compeltely unenjoyable, but this must be one of Capcom's stranger experiments at the moment.

Agreed. It almost resembles Dragon's Lair in it's constant insistance to utilise QTEs... However, it's 2012 not 1983.

• 9 years later...

Just finished this after buying it on th Xbox Sale. I initially played this at launch on PS3. I still love it. The cutscenes are epic. The combat is so bad but I can deal with that.

At launch I refuses to buy the dlc ending but even bought that this time. Amazing how much of the plot was locked into that part and awesome boss fights.

Still one of my favourite games of all time.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Just finished this after buying it on th Xbox Sale. I initially played this at launch on PS3. I still love it. The cutscenes are epic. The combat is so bad but I can deal with that.

At launch I refuses to buy the dlc ending but even bought that this time. Amazing how much of the plot was locked into that part and awesome boss fights.

Still one of my favourite games of all time.

Same here, it's in my top ten easily. A 4K remaster with the DLC fully incorporated is already overdue.

That promted me to look at the DLC, crikey what a shitshow!

I wouldn't know where to start!

You just need the True Ending DLC.

17 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

I was excited when I first started this back in 2012, but soon tuned out because of the extremely shallow gameplay. More an interactive movie than a proper game imo.

Worth another look?

It's more like an interactive movie, yes. But man dat spectacle is unsurpassed in any medium.

6 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

I was excited when I first started this back in 2012, but soon tuned out because of the extremely shallow gameplay. More an interactive movie than a proper game imo.

Worth another look?

Oh yes. It's great. View it as an anime with button presses. The shit fights with the animals are really poor but easily done, just get through them as fast as you can