rllmuk

Caution: Small Parts

Man this blog is great and makes mine look like a turd. I think I'll give up now while the going's good. I have no experience of blogs, so can do little things like having the click to show more (meaning you have more different things on the front page). Mine just looks amateurish and shit in comparison.

I don't know the ins and outs, but I think it's mostly just a template with some plug-ins being thrown at it. I don't know? Pele does it all with Ben knowing quite a bit. *shrug* I just throw words at it. We really need a good title banner though so I still think ours looks a bit too amateurish. I want a look so sharp you could cut yourself on it.

Don't give up on your blog. We all enjoy it.

Man this blog is great and makes mine look like a turd. I think I'll give up now while the going's good. I have no experience of blogs, so can do little things like having the click to show more (meaning you have more different things on the front page). Mine just looks amateurish and shit in comparison.

On the one hand, thank you. On the other, no way! Yours is a great little blog. It doesn't look amateurish and shit at all. I really enjoy your blog and especially your video reviews and unboxing stuff: the take you have on things (family man playing with kids) is key to that.

In terms of looks, this is a self hosted blog which is the core difference. I chucked it on TSOHost and have consolidated my personal blog onto the same space so it doesn't cost anything more than I planned for the year anyway (I always like to have a server to knob about on). The theme is taken from elegantthemes.com where I already have an account and then there are a few plugins on there for the sidebar and stuff.

The only thing I actually "did" myself was the logo, and everyone else hates that so SCREW THEM. Also, we're all enthusiastic and shit now but give it a month and we'll all run out of things to say ;)

Some nice updates there - I completely agree about Tannhauser, and off-loaded my copy ages ago. I couldn't even be bothered to hold on to it for the Weird War II figures, which might have done nicely for Secrets of the Third Reich or something similar. If you ever need anyone waffle on about obscure miniatures systems then give me a shout.

Cheers dude, appreciate it. And, yeah, it's just not out cup of tea at all. Worth trying so that we can find out what is though.

If you ever need anyone waffle on about obscure miniatures systems then give me a shout.

Well, to turn it around do you want to write about obscure miniatures systems? I'll drop you a PM, but you're welcome to jump on and do so here.

This is great stuff guys keep it up...

Particularly liked the Flash Point review, so much so it's probably looking like my next purchase. Saw it being played during a recent visit to Shire Games and looked good fun.

Oh and Strider don't give up on yours either, as others have said the videos are always well worth a watch and I like your family oriented take on things.

Well, to turn it around do you want to write about obscure miniatures systems? I'll drop you a PM, but you're welcome to jump on and do so here.

I'd be happy to contribute some articles. I've got way more stuff than I ever use, so it'll help me make a little sense of things and hopefully work towards that New Year's resolution of playing games. Plus, it makes a nice change from writing about music. First stop, I suspect, might involve Zombies.

Hey U-1, I've fixed that issue now - turns out it's down to the way some mobile carriers are compressing data so it screws up the jQuery libraries or something and it stops it working. I wish I actually knew what that meant, but I've installed this plugin on the site and it seems to have fixed it for me.

Wiper has just had a beast of a rant about Memoir '44 published on the site. Basically, he says it's a bad game and if you like it you are a bad person.

• Upvote 1

I feel I should point that 1) my tongue may have been a little in cheek, there,* and 2) the idea for that rant came to me in a fever. Just before everybody tries to murder me, like ;)

*in the extent to which I make a fuss about the issues, that is. I'm actually serious in my criticisms - that it portrays itself as a wargame, and that the randomisation irks me - they just don't bother me quite as much as the rant might suggest - I do actually like the game, after all.

Hey U-1, I've fixed that issue now - turns out it's down to the way some mobile carriers are compressing data so it screws up the jQuery libraries or something and it stops it working. I wish I actually knew what that meant, but I've installed this plugin on the site and it seems to have fixed it for me.

Excellent... just checked and its working a treat now! Nice work! :)