Is "Game" finished?

They are paid by microsoft to display that bay as such whether they have stock or not. It's fucking daft and I don't agree with it either, but it's not actually the staffs fault. Just another ill-informed decision from a suit in an office who has absolutely no idea what complications it means for front row staff.

And no one understood why it had preorder stickers on it or coming soon when they were not prerelease.

Just sold out would do the trick but GAME always said never to put sold out on boxes. I did because it points the obvious (mind you some people still didnt understand sold out either).

yeah, they wont do SOLD OUT because its a closed statement. pre order now means ask the staff. standard shop tactics. youre missing the point, they wanted him to queue up. im not having a pop at you or him im just explaining. he should be shop savvy enough to know that a dummy box isnt the item, and when a shop is as busy as it is during these times, they dont have enough staff to keep people served quickly, never mind keep the store dummy boxes 100% accurate to their stock.

the clues were there, you should ask if they have any, and abusing the staff is never the answer no matter what you think. you might think that sounds funny from me, but i always talk about or against the company and its policies, not the people, the main crime committed by a GAME staffer is staying their too long and becoming a bit of a nob. what happened here was nothing to do with that, it was an unfortunate shortcoming of a stock system in a busy period, the last item could have been sold literally 2 minutes previous, you just dont know.

thems the facts anyway, not trying to be a prick about it, walk to the front of the queue and say excuse me, before i queue, do you have this? cheers. its pretty basic xmas shopping tactics.

thems the facts anyway, not trying to be a prick about it, walk to the front of the queue and say excuse me, before i queue, do you have this? cheers. its pretty basic xmas shopping tactics.

Wouldn't the staff have just said "yes we do." ? If they knew they didn't have any in stock they wouldn't have spent 5 minutes looking for the controller - they'd have told pope as soon as he got to the till. And if they weren't sure, there weren't going to spend those 5 minutes looking to give pope a proper answer while they had other customers to serve (who had all queued up before him). Maybe in the future that'll work out well but in this case I don't think it'd have made a difference.

The manager guys are weird. I was in there the other day, just watching one operate. The way they just stand there, attempting to orchestrate everything like they're running some kind of military maneuver...and at the same time, doing absolutely nothing. Someone asked him whether Halo 5 was on the PS4 also, he had to check with one of his grunts. Which says it all really.

Someone asked him whether Halo 5 was on the PS4 also, he had to check with one of his grunts. Which says it all really.

About the same for any manager in retail TBH. Many are clueless about what they sell (or have any kind of passion at all) but have tick boxes against the skills they need to manage. The boxes they sell may as well be shoes/games/clothes etc.

Lets face it management is just about hitting targets and organising staff and the shop.

Shall we change the thread title to just 'The GAME thread' or something? It's been how many years and they're still around? These dudes are like fuckin' Dracula, they always find a way to survive, they're frickin' vampire cockroaches and don't seem to be goin' anywhere just yet.

Is "Game" finished? (As of 2015: "Not yet")

The new GAME in the Gateshead Metro Centre is pretty nice, well lit and spacious. There's an increasing amount of 'gamer gear' creeping onto the shelves so that must be a decent money maker. There's so much of the stuff that it's not hard to imagine that our post-nuclear economy won't be run on bottle caps, it'll be Funko Pops.

When I bought my PS4, I wanted the charger cradle to plug into the mains. They tried to flog me their Game Gear one, insisting it was just as good as the Sony one for much cheaper. Like a fool I went for it, got it home and it was literally just a lump of plastic with a hole to put USB cables through. Took it straight back and got the proper one.

When I bought my PS4, I wanted the charger cradle to plug into the mains. They tried to flig me their Game Gear one, insisting it was just as good as the Sony one for much cheaper. Like a fool I went for it, got it home and it was literally just a lump of plastic with a hole to put USB cables through. Took it straight back and got the proper one.

I made a similar mistake with a GameGear play and charge kit for the Xbox One. Official one lasts around 5x longer on a single charge from my experience. Although I could have had a faulty GameGear unit... It did charge though. Just didn't last long. Pay your money makes your choice. £8 vs £20 so fair enough I guess. Get what you pay for.

The manager guys are weird. I was in there the other day, just watching one operate. The way they just stand there, attempting to orchestrate everything like they're running some kind of military maneuver...and at the same time, doing absolutely nothing. Someone asked him whether Halo 5 was on the PS4 also, he had to check with one of his grunts. Which says it all really.

Ive never seen this in the various Game stores in Norwich - I would say that the staff are generally all decent and helpful even if I haven't bought much in there in recent times, I don't think I could even identify who the manager was so certainly not some all seeing evil end of level boss man!

I was shocked how poorly paid they all were, even when I worked at PC World many years ago the pay was much better, sales guys earning vastly more than any Game manager :o

Same with my local store - the staff are helpful without being intrusive, seem to know their stuff and go through the stuff they have to ask (like disk insurance) quickly without it making the transaction take any longer. The store has some crazy pricing, like Forza 5 for 49.99, for which the staff are embarrassed and apologetic, but also some good ones, like Transformers Devastation for 19.99. I enjoy browsing the second-hand games there.

The new GAME in the Gateshead Metro Centre is pretty nice, well lit and spacious. There's an increasing amount of 'gamer gear' creeping onto the shelves so that must be a decent money maker. There's so much of the stuff that it's not hard to imagine that our post-nuclear economy won't be run on bottle caps, it'll be Funko Pops.

They seem to be doing variations of Loot Crates as well with merchandise bundles. Anyone fancy spending £100 on this.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-game-fallout-4-merch-bundle-extra-large-784402

post-243-0-62623200-1447784644.png

Went into Game today, had to leg it from the train station as it closes at 5:30pm but I ended up getting a Steam Link without any of the bundle.

Got accosted as soon as I walked in which I didn't actually mind as I didn't have a clue where the Steam section was (there isn't any on display) and so I asked the guy but he didn't know what it was so I showed him the game website and he said he had to look in the back of the shop so I didn't get my hopes up but after five minutes he returned with just the steam link and then another guy on the till was like "you need a controller with that" and I was like "I'm going to use my xbox 360 pads" and he was like "can you do that" and I was like "yes" then expected I was gonna have to shell out a ton for the pad and some steam credit but he just replied sweet and that was that.

Overall experience positive :)

I don't know if it's still the case, but 3 of my old managers were trained with this mindset.

Manager is in charge of the Deputy Manager.

Deputy manager is in charge of the staff and store.