The terrifying, never-ending (old) Star Trek thread - new movies and Discovery talk in the other, dedicated threads

22 hours ago, deKay said:

And that’s all of Enterprise done. It really should have had a few more series between the final two episodes :(

Exactly the same just watched the final couple of episodes tonight.  On the whole I really enjoyed season 4 the opening temporal cold war bollocks & final episode aside (Fat Riker constantly making pizza was just too much!!!!) & gutted that it has come to an end.   

Yes I think Beyond is actually my favourite out of the Kelvinverse trilogy.  It just has more fun with itself, while still being a bloody good Star Trek film.:hat:

I know this is the movie and tv section but for you trekkies

HUMBLE RPG BOOK BUNDLE: STAR TREK ADVENTURES RPG BY MODIPHIUS

We've teamed up with Modiphius for our newest bundle! Get roleplaying games and ebooks like Star Trek Adventures: Starter Set, Star Trek Adventures: Core book, Star Trek Adventures: Alpha Quadrant Supplement, Star Trek Adventures: Deep Space Nine characters, Star Trek Adventures: Next Gen Characters and beam up with the Star Trek Online Original DS9 Uniform and Elite Services Starter Pack which includes Inventory Slots, Bridge Officer Slots, and more!

Get the 368-page hardcover of Star Trek Adventures: Core Rulebook for 50% off the cover price, a savings of $30 when you pay $8 or more! Plus, your purchase will support NAACP Legal Defense Fund.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/star-trek-adventures-rpg-modiphius-books?partner=jstruan

55 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Just in case anybody doesn't want to put up with the horrendous, unblockable mobile advertising on that site:

props.pdf

It opened a video ad within a video ad on my phone, so I was being blasted with two adverts simultaneously. :quote:

Adblock on your phone/PC? I get none of that :lol:

Voyager is the sort of inoffensive Trek you can bung a couple of episodes on in the background while you make and eat your tea. Has quite a lot of decent episodes, but never threatens to become too engaging so that you overcook your steak.

Discovery on the other hand infects every fibre of your waking being until you throw that steak at the wall and douse yourself in peppercorn sauce just to remind yourself what a meaningful experience is.

The Kazon hell yeah real pound shop Klingons they were. 

Not seen early Voyager in particular for a long long time, but the Cardassian spy woman (Seska????) was a cracking idea but then they just shunted her off with the Kazon to show up every now and then instead of keeping that interesting dynamic aboard Voyager.  I remember in just the episode where they uncovered her it raised all sorts of questions for Chakotay who had to come to terms with the fact that he had let both Federation and Cardassian operatives onto his crew & then they just forgot all about it until the next time she popped up.:facepalm:

I've been watching Voyager again from the start since a very enjoyable rewatch of Deep Space 9. I'm starting to regret it a bit though: I'm up to "Elogium" and it's giving me the boak.

Spoiler

For an episode about procreation it's about as sexy as a rotting pile of targ corpses.

15 hours ago, Waggo said:

The Kazon hell yeah real pound shop Klingons they were. 

Not seen early Voyager in particular for a long long time, but the Cardassian spy woman (Seska????) was a cracking idea but then they just shunted her off with the Kazon to show up every now and then instead of keeping that interesting dynamic aboard Voyager.  I remember in just the episode where they uncovered her it raised all sorts of questions for Chakotay who had to come to terms with the fact that he had let both Federation and Cardassian operatives onto his crew & then they just forgot all about it until the next time she popped up.:facepalm:

Did like the conversation with tuvok at the time "you were working for Janeway, Seska for the cardassians, was there anyone on that ship working for the maquis?" (paraphrased) but you get the idea.

That is what I mean they had a gem of an idea and they just flunked it really.  By the end of the pilot episode Voyager was pretty much a Federation run Starship which we had all seen before.  It would have been far more interesting if they had run with the setup they had established and we had proper disagreement and even outright fights/attempted mutinies/refusal to accept orders etc over the course of the first season at least, while the crew forged out a way of working together.