rllmuk
Wiper

The terrifying, never-ending (old) Star Trek thread - new movies and Discovery talk in the other, dedicated threads

Goddamn. I just finished another run through of the show two days ago. I still rate '...It's Only A Paper Moon' in my top 5 favourite episodes in the show. :(

• Upvote 1

Oh man. That's awful. My favourite character on my favourite series of Star Trek and by all accounts an absolutely lovely guy as well. He was pretty active on Twitter, very vocal about politics and full of the kind of generosity of spirit you'd expect from someone who brought such life to the character of Nog. The last thing I read from him was him hoping he'd be able to reprise the character some day. This is really hard news.

• Upvote 2

Yesterday’s Enterprise is simply my favourite Trek episode ever.

Beautifully scripted and makes superb use of the originally shite death they gave Tasha Yar.  

Looks lovely in HD on Netflix as well even though it must be getting on for 30 years old.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

And now some more sad news.

Rene Auberjonois has passed away aged 79.

QQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKK!

In a show jam-packed with brilliant characters, Rene's performance was quite probably the best. He gave life to that gloriously gruff sardonic bucket of goo and how. Very sad to see him go, he was by all accounts a lovely chap.

What a shite year for the DS9 gang.

• Upvote 1

Aw man. Rene was pretty active on Twitter, which weirdly makes it hit harder.

I just started replaying New Vegas over the weekend. It’s going to be rough if I see it through. :(

11 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

In a show jam-packed with brilliant characters, Rene's performance was quite probably the best. He gave life to that gloriously gruff sardonic bucket of goo and how. Very sad to see him go, he was by all accounts a lovely chap.

What a shite year for the DS9 gang.

As an actor Rene was the most talented regular cast member of any and all Trek series.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

As an actor Rene was the most talented regular cast member of any and all Trek series.

I broadly agree, although I'd probably put Stewart up there as well. 

Spiner, Mulgrew, Siddig, Brooks, Picardo, Bakula, Billingsley and  Meaney in the next category down. 

• Upvote 1