rllmuk
Wiper

The terrifying, never-ending (old) Star Trek thread - new movies and Discovery talk in the other, dedicated threads

49 minutes ago, Hubertus Bigend said:

What a great idea for a spin-off. I wonder what they’ll do with it if he’s not in charge of his own ship.

SF academy needs a new grounds keeper...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SeanR said:

SF academy needs a new grounds keeper...

I think there's already a Starfleet Academy series on the cards. :ph34r:

This is fantastic news (the Picard series that is), assuming it doesn't go all Discovery on us.

Really happy about this- not just for Picard, but also because we'll hopefully get to see some of that universe developing beyond Voyager and the TNG film timeline. After Enterprise, the Abrams films and Discovery, Star Trek has spent a bit too long reflecting on its own past.

I hope CBS won't be trying to tie it into Discovery with silly references though.

• Upvote 3

Wooooo, Captain Jean Luc Picard! Even if it's crap, Patrick Stewart can surely elevate it to half decent through just by himself. Plus I bet he is influential enough to alter scripts etc in order to make it hopefully not shit this time.

This had better be the theme song:

53 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Plus I bet he is influential enough to alter scripts etc in order to make it hopefully not shit this time.

He clearly wasn't influential enough to save Nemesis. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Oh god. Oh god.

What if Worf turns up in this new series and he has the Discovery-style Klingon redesign?

Then episodes with any dialogue will be very slow and long. 

14 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

Reportedly it is set 20 years after Nemesis. Please be episodic and like old trek (thank god for the orville in that respect). Oh and no fucking lens flair.  

All good directors should have lens flair. 

Shatner has a Christmas album coming

'Jingle Bells' feat. Henry Rollins
'Blue Christmas' feat. Brad Paisley
'Little Drummer Boy' feat. Joe Louis Walker
'Winter Wonderland' feat. Todd Rundgren & Artimus Pyle (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
'Twas The Night Before Christmas' feat. Mel Collins (King Crimson)
'Run Rudolph Run' feat. Elliot Easton (The Cars)
'O Come, O Come Emmanuel' feat. Rick Wakeman (Yes)
'Silver Bells' feat. Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)
'One for You, One for Me'
'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' feat. Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)
'Silent Night' feat. Iggy Pop
'White Christmas' feat. Judy Collins
'Feliz Navidad' feat. Dani Bender

• Upvote 1

Dammit:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-26-cease-and-desist-causes-fan-recreation-of-the-enterprise-from-star-trek-the-next-generation-to-self-destruct

Cease and desist forces impressive fan recreation of the Enterprise from Star Trek: The Next Generation to self destruct.

A fan-made recreation of the Enterprise from Star Trek: The Next Generation has been pulled offline following a cease and desist.

Stage-9 was a two-year-old fan project that let users explore a virtual recreation of the Enterprise-D, the spaceship made famous by The Next Generation tv show.

The hugely-detailed virtual recreation was built using the Unreal game engine...

Up to S7 of DS9... height of the Dominion War and the writers decided to treat us to another episode about Grand Nagus Zek. A stark reminder that I sometimes forget the filler and remember Trek being better than it was.

• Upvote 2