The terrifying, never-ending (old) Star Trek thread - new movies and Discovery talk in the other, dedicated threads

• 2 weeks later...

I've been cherry picking epiosed from Season 3 on for a re-watch. The Enemy is a great episode. Pretty much anything involving the Romulans in S3 is brilliant. But where I am now ... 

Resistance is hopeless ... Number One. 

Amazing scenes! 

On 25/07/2018 at 13:55, Comrade said:

Apparently there’s actually a whole weird Twitter community of people enacting current politics through the lens of DS9:

It’s pretty fucking weird!

I've been rewatching DS9 on Netflix after my full TNG rewatch and I'm finally through to S4 and Klingons trying to invade Cardassia Prime, paranoia about the Founders throughout the Alpha Quadrant, Worf joining the station and- most importantly- Bald Sisko. Almost willing to forgive DS9 for the silly Trill episodes now.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

giphy.gif.0e7c22c3746883b6ec481016a76ab958.gif

Hopefully they keep the same feel and look as TNG.

Considering that Patrick Stewart seems to age at a completely different rate to mortals they could set it just a couple of years later and say he had a rough time and that’s why he looks just a tiny bit older now. 

49 minutes ago, Hubertus Bigend said:

What a great idea for a spin-off. I wonder what they’ll do with it if he’s not in charge of his own ship.

SF academy needs a new grounds keeper...

25 minutes ago, SeanR said:

SF academy needs a new grounds keeper...

I think there's already a Starfleet Academy series on the cards. :ph34r:

This is fantastic news (the Picard series that is), assuming it doesn't go all Discovery on us.

Really happy about this- not just for Picard, but also because we'll hopefully get to see some of that universe developing beyond Voyager and the TNG film timeline. After Enterprise, the Abrams films and Discovery, Star Trek has spent a bit too long reflecting on its own past.

I hope CBS won't be trying to tie it into Discovery with silly references though.

Wooooo, Captain Jean Luc Picard! Even if it's crap, Patrick Stewart can surely elevate it to half decent through just by himself. Plus I bet he is influential enough to alter scripts etc in order to make it hopefully not shit this time.

This had better be the theme song: