rllmuk
Peb Kacharach

Fortnite BR | Season 2.2 - FN x Deadpool!

If anyone's looking to try and complete the prestige stretch goals challenges, the One Shot mode that's currently in is a great way to finish the "catch weapons from fishing spots" one. Each fishing spot nets you nothing but sniper rifles. I got 50 weapons to complete it in a couple of games, the xp got me 8 or 9 levels. Now on level 270-something, trying to get to 345 or thereabouts to get the fully corrupted Scratch skin!

My son wagered a pro fortnite player tonight live on stream on youtube and beat him 3-0, it was only a small wager $10 but he's been trying to get recognised and into an esports org and we've been told he needs to take a chance against these guys with 25k youtube or twitch subs, after the fight the guy asked him what his 'earnings' were on Fortnite and couldn't believe it when my son said he's not won any money yet.

It's done wonders for his confidence, hopefully he cracks it this year and makes it to the world cup!

• Upvote 8

On 21/01/2020 at 07:02, gooner4life said:

My son wagered a pro fortnite player tonight live on stream on youtube and beat him 3-0, it was only a small wager $10 but he's been trying to get recognised and into an esports org and we've been told he needs to take a chance against these guys with 25k youtube or twitch subs, after the fight the guy asked him what his 'earnings' were on Fortnite and couldn't believe it when my son said he's not won any money yet.

It's done wonders for his confidence, hopefully he cracks it this year and makes it to the world cup!

That's so awesome man.

The girl I have been seeing got me into this recently and we've been playing a lot of duos together. I think she is level 270 ish whilst I am around 80+. Very late to the party I know!

So far I have a total of 19 wins, 12.9% win percentage and k/d of 3.25. Down from 7. :( We have 12 wins in together in duos !

I tried Arena at the weekend and got my ass absolutely handed to me but i'm determined to keep going, I can finally build/edit using the controller with ease now. Took bloody ages to figure out.

• Upvote 2

On 20/01/2020 at 23:02, gooner4life said:

I taught him everything he knows in our training. 

He’s so good it’s amazing to watch, especially how fast he builds and moves. Good luck to him I hope he does it. 

• Upvote 1

So season 2 has been officially postponed from 6th Feb to 20th Feb. Cue much moaning about how the season was already too long and there's not enough new content.

Personally I'm not bothered, they've said there will be an event and new challenges and stuff to fill in the gap, and I'm in the camp that new content isn't necessarily good for the game. I like it the way it is! I don't want planes or mechs or stupid unbalanced weapons or daft game mechanics. The extra time means I’ll definitely get to finish more prestige stretch goal challenges so I should max out my corrupted scratch skin!

I didn’t realise there was anything beyond level 100 so knocked it on the head after that. Which is nice, it’s meant I can play a bit now and then, get the unlocks but not have to smash it every week. 

8 hours ago, MattKB said:

I didn’t realise there was anything beyond level 100 so knocked it on the head after that. Which is nice, it’s meant I can play a bit now and then, get the unlocks but not have to smash it every week. 

You’ve obviously not seen the stretch goals....

I haven’t. Well I saw some challenges but it just said xp - didn’t notice an overall prize. 

22 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

If you reach level 100 and then buy the battlepass, do you get all the rewards retroactively?

Yes.

• Upvote 1

If anyone's struggling with the overtime challenge to open 5 rate chests or llamas, EVERY chest in the Solid Gold mode is rare :)

I cba with any of the overtime challenges. Some colour-changed skins that most people will obtain isn’t much of a draw. But happy to take a break from the game until the new season drops.

GG @Pistol last night, had fun and a squad win was welcome!

People still playing this, do you have any issues with load in since the last patch?

• Upvote 1

Cheers :)

Always nice to play with you guys, hope you don't mind me dropping in!

I haven't noticed any load in issues lately on the Xbox.

9 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

GG @Pistol last night, had fun and a squad win was welcome!

People still playing this, do you have any issues with load in since the last patch?

Always get load in issues for the first match when playing on the switch.  Gliders don’t appear and when you land the textures take a good few seconds to load in.  After that it’s fine although I have recently noticed that sometimes weapons don’t fire when it gets busy, which can be annoying, and zooming with a sniper and then firing also has occasional clipping problems.

37 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

Always get load in issues for the first match when playing on the switch.  Gliders don’t appear and when you land the textures take a good few seconds to load in.  After that it’s fine although I have recently noticed that sometimes weapons don’t fire when it gets busy, which can be annoying, and zooming with a sniper and then firing also has occasional clipping problems.

I’ve not noticed that on the Switch. I’ve only been playing since Christmas, I started on the Xbox when it first came out but didn’t fancy it really but my boys have wanted to play so I gave it another chance - I enjoy the challenges etc, just managed the collecting the letters one

Going to try and finish off some Search and Destroy challenges tonight. (Not so much for the rewards, more to farm XP to reach level 350.)

If anyone doesn’t like the mode (I don’t) then there’s an easy way to get the challenges done. If you go into Creative you can load the map by changing the destination of the portal things (the map will either be in your recently played list if you've played it, or the code is 1821-4783-3483 for the factory one). Use a friend, or a dummy account on another device (or split screen might work) and set your party to private. Launch the map and basically each player takes it in turns - one sets the bomb, the other immediately defuses it, then one quickly eliminates the other before the round ends. Use the cheapest vending machines as many times as you can so you get the max uses possible. Make sure each player wins three rounds each so it goes to a tie in the seventh, then everybody gets 2000 gold in that round so rinse the been vending machines.

• Upvote 1

To complete the last challenge I’m bothered about, I need to carry a team mate out of the storm. Turns out this is pretty tough when playing with randoms and not using comms :hmm:

All you actually have to do is carry them in the storm for it to complete, you don't have to make it out.

Hit some of us up with a friend request and a party invite, always happy to help!

Aha! Thanks :)

I’m travelling a bit today but hope to get on again later, will look for usernames too

How are people finding it? I might get on tonight. So far I've got my kids' impressions to go on; they seem to reckon team rumble is too hard now it doesn't use skill based matchmaking :lol:

To balance that out they've been racking up wins in squads. Whereas I'll probably be chasing that umbrella for a while yet!