rllmuk
grindmouse

Fortnite BR | Chapter 2

Yup, I am. The most boring part by far is the Shield Generator quest, especially when solo. Also, I can not get a feel for weapons. Generally, epic > rare > common. I have common weapons that pack more punch than epic ones. Or the advantage the epic one has is so minor, I might as well use the common and and not worry about breaking it.

37 minutes ago, df0 said:

Yup, I am. The most boring part by far is the Shield Generator quest, especially when solo. Also, I can not get a feel for weapons. Generally, epic > rare > common. I have common weapons that pack more punch than epic ones. Or the advantage the epic one has is so minor, I might as well use the common and and not worry about breaking it.

Was discussing this yesterday, I think the epic/legendary ones will be better in the long run cos you can upgrade them more (4 stars etc.) Atm I'm using a blue sword for my ninja that does more damage than a purple one I picked up. This is because I've upgraded the blue one to level 15 so its stats are higher BUT in the long run if I put the time in to level up the purple one it would do more damage because its base damage stat is higher. 

Upgrading Crafting a fancy weapon requires some items, and one of those I seemingly am always without. It is the top one in the list, is it a random drop from everywhere or can it be safely farmed?

edit: changed Upgrading to Crafting.

14 minutes ago, df0 said:

Upgrading Crafting a fancy weapon requires some items, and one of those I seemingly am always without. It is the top one in the list, is it a random drop from everywhere or can it be safely farmed?

edit: changed Upgrading to Crafting.

Whats the item?

Don't know :lol:

Am at work and the internet is not being helpful with Fortnite wiki sites being 95% empty. And videos taking 7 minutes to explain how to Craft when it can be described within 2 written sentences can feck right off.

Think it might be active powercell for guns and rotating gizmos for melee, only had a couple of powercells, possibly a rare drop or more likely to increase in tougher areas.

I read that it's worth upgrading your common (grey?) items to level 10, which makes them better than a level 1 uncommon item, while needing less/more common resources to build. This is probably mostly true early on. I assume once you get further into the missions etc you'll start having more and more of the crafting mats that are hard to find now.

My main issue now is bag space. How do I get more? 55 slots is no where near enough! I went back to my stormshield base and re did it a fair bit to make more use of the various traps I had picked up which gave me about 7 free slots in my bags but I need more!

I've already got the deluxe. I can upgrade to the Super Deluxe edition for £24.99 which includes a copy of the standard edition (RRP £34.99). 

If anyone did want a copy of the standard for £20 let me know and I'll happily upgrade and send the code over. :) 

• Upvote 1

Bag space management is easy Spork. Takizawa has already explained the basics :P

Daily quests can suck my balls. Finding propane tanks to destroy and now server racks is an utter nightmare. I would leave them but I want the currency they give for completion to buy more llamas.

I also think the collection tab can explain better whether you're donating an item or a schematic. I'd slotted loads of schems thinking they're items and lost them. Is there an easy way to tell?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Bag space management is easy Spork. Takizawa has already explained the basics :P

Daily quests can suck my balls. Finding propane tanks to destroy and now server racks is an utter nightmare. I would leave them but I want the currency they give for completion to buy more llamas.

I also think the collection tab can explain better whether you're donating an item or a schematic. I'd slotted loads of schems thinking they're items and lost them. Is there an easy way to tell?

It's always the schematic, no? 

2 hours ago, spork said:

I've already got the deluxe. I can upgrade to the Super Deluxe edition for £24.99 which includes a copy of the standard edition (RRP £34.99). 

If anyone did want a copy of the standard for £20 let me know and I'll happily upgrade and send the code over. :) 

That's tempting

I know that we have a few people on rental packages here. Don't bother renting the disc version of this because you won't be able to play it without a code for a 'Founder's Pack'.

Taking on a Lv.15 mission when you're Lv.8 is a brief teaser of just how good this game can be. Incredibly tense last 30 seconds when it all looked like it was going tits up. We still finished with 100% shields on the objective, but the last line of defence was almost done for and everyone was mad scrambling. 

I can't imagine what its like once you hit the harder areas, especially if you have a proper team with comms. 

Cracking game!

I'm working through what I think are still tutorial missions, as I haven't unlocked a few bits. 

At a mission where I need to rescue three survivors across missions, would be nice it the people it teams me up with would also want to do that. Overall though I am liking this. Anyone up for teaming up? I have no mic at the moment, but will pretty much follow objectives. 

I keep running out of ammo and resources to craft more. Any tips?

bradigor1981 on PSN if anyone wants to add me. 

12 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I'm working through what I think are still tutorial missions, as I haven't unlocked a few bits. 

At a mission where I need to rescue three survivors across missions, would be nice it the people it teams me up with would also want to do that. Overall though I am liking this. Anyone up for teaming up? I have no mic at the moment, but will pretty much follow objectives. 

I keep running out of ammo and resources to craft more. Any tips?

bradigor1981 on PSN if anyone wants to add me. 

Solo it, don't do it with randoms then you can farm when you want and do objectives when you want rather than some mentalist doing their own thing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Varsity said:

Solo it, don't do it with randoms then you can farm when you want and do objectives when you want rather than some mentalist doing their own thing. 

Does the game scale depending on party size then?

Just now, bradigor said:

Does the game scale depending on party size then?

Not to my knowledge but it's easily doable as long as you're not going into missions where you're underpowered. Even if you don't finish the mission, if you just want to farm you can quit out and still keep all the materials. 

• Upvote 1

Seeing some of the home bases others have built is quite overwhelming. There seems to be a lot of linear progression so far, I am assuming once I unlock all the various aspects of the game, it will allow me to go and collect resources and build my base up?

You can collect and build straight from the off with a max carry of 999 of wood/brick/metal for building. On the map you just select your home base and you can mess about to your hearts content.

Be careful, placed objects can not be removed. If you want them gone, you have to destroy them with your pickaxe which is a hassle.