rllmuk
grindmouse

Fortnite BR | Chapter 2

The Wick mode is kinda fun, haven't got on a good enough squad to win yet though! Would like to add that black umbrella to my collection for sure!

If anyone buys vbucks for Fortnite, I've found a really good way to get 'em cheaper than usual.

When the Deep Freeze bundle was available, you could buy it from the in-game store for some exorbitant price (I think it was £24.99?). You got a skin and 1,000 vbucks with that. But you could also buy codes from retailers to redeem on each platform's digital store, which when redeemed grant you the bundle. And they were available for less than RRP after a while.

Now, the Deep Freeze bundle left the Epic in-game store aaaages ago, but the platform-specific retail codes are still on the shelves. Now when you buy something from Epic's in-game store, once you've bought it once that's it, it doesn't show up anymore as you already have it. But there's nothing to stop you buying lots of codes. It seems as though rather than come up with some convoluted way of stopping people from redeeming perfectly valid codes if they already own the pack, Epic decided that if you redeemed a code on a platform-specific digital store for something you already owned in game, the simplest way to handle that was to give you an amount of vbucks deemed equivalent in value to the items in the pack. In the case of the Deep Freeze bundle, that was set at 3,000 vbucks.

So, if you already own the Deep Freeze bundle, redeeming further codes for it nets you 3,000 vbucks a time. This is without exception cheaper than buying vbucks from Epic's in game store, and you can do it any number of times (it even states on the back of the box that this works). I've personally tested it on my son's account with two Xbox codes, and cross-platform myself (first code Switch, second Xbox). CD Keys sell the codes cheapest if you're looking for a retailer (currently £16.99, though they have been as low as £13.99), but I've been buying them on eBay for closer to £10. £10 for 3,000 vbucks is a lot more palatable than £20 for 2,800 (though I generally only use free Microsoft Rewards credit to buy them anyway).

Bear in mind if you use cross-platform codes, the vbucks are tied to that platform; I bought my first Deep Freeze code in order to get the battle pass so it didn't really matter, there are 50 of the 1,000 vbucks left that only show up on the Switch. (I use Xbox as my primary platform due to the Microsoft Rewards thing.)

I’m done with this, I think. The challenges have been mostly the same for the last three seasons. 

I have a fuck tonne of V-Bucks saved up. Can I sell them, give them away or anything like that?

• Upvote 1

I don't think you can transfer vbucks, but if gifting is still available when you buy stuff in the item shop, I guess you could use that?

Noob/Dad question

My lad has built some, I think, pretty cool death run courses in creative. Is it true that you can't share these with your friends unless you're some tragic Youtuber?

17 hours ago, Pistol said:

What did happen? Did it reject the code, or apply it and nothing happened?

It applied the code as if it had worked ie. showed me the “new” skin & expected vbucks but the only actual change was the additional 500 that come with the pack. Really only tried it as I’d got the Bomber code with a new DS4 and if it had worked it would more or less double up on vbucks for the kid. I’ll try it with the Deep Freeze next time I need some bucks, I’ll have to get a few though as the Bomber pack is the only one I’ve had.

3 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Noob/Dad question

My lad has built some, I think, pretty cool death run courses in creative. Is it true that you can't share these with your friends unless you're some tragic Youtuber?

There’s apparently a code that you can share with your friends, it should be on the top of the screen when you’re in your created island?

How are people finding the Horde LTM mode?

I am currently struggling to do the last challenge which is the stage score one, i'm currently on stage 3 of 4 which is sat at a combined team score of 150,00.

Don't sound too hard but it is as no matter when i seem to get a game i always end up loosing one or two team members due to disconnects at the start of the first round :(

7 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

How are people finding the Horde LTM mode?

I am currently struggling to do the last challenge which is the stage score one, i'm currently on stage 3 of 4 which is sat at a combined team score of 150,00.

Don't sound too hard but it is as no matter when i seem to get a game i always end up loosing one or two team members due to disconnects at the start of the first round :(

The most important bits in it are getting the team multipliers that appear on the mini map and maintaining your streaks.. We managed to get over 241k yesterday with just three of us.

I'm in the same boat, have all the other challenges done but have to do the 150,000 points (and whatever comes after that). Happy to team up if I'm on when you are!

Maintaining streaks does seem to be crucial. I had a game last night where I collected every multiplier crystal, and during one of the defend sequences I placed a turret and absolutely nailed tons of the obelisks. Thought we'd be nailed on for an amazing score when we won that one but it was only average - about 115,000. So streaks seem all important.

I've added you Pistol, so if were both on im more than up for that. 

However just so you know my mic don't work so i can hear you all but cant speak lol

The issue im having now is that that we are getting the score and not finishing the battle :(

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wickedkitten said:

Are you two on PS4? I guess it doesn’t really matter because it’s all cross plat but I’m happy to help

Were both xbox, is there a way for us all to team up?

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yes, I can't remember if you have to specifically enable cross platform or if it just works now?

Apparently we enable it in settings then we just add each other via our epic account names and do it that way. 

I think my epic account name is heavysetzebra

https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/search?console=1 - searching my gamertag on this site brings up my epic profile name :)

Horde Rush is the most fun I’ve ever had with Fortnite despite playing with Switch and mobile randoms, which... well... isn’t ideal for success.

1 hour ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Were both xbox, is there a way for us all to team up?

I do have a Xbox as well so that's an option 

43 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Apparently we enable it in settings then we just add each other via our epic account names and do it that way. 

I think my epic account name is heavysetzebra

https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/search?console=1 - searching my gamertag on this site brings up my epic profile name :)

Just sent you a request although I can't remember what my epic friends list thingie is, should be kizzle something

18 minutes ago, Wickedkitten said:

Just sent you a request although I can't remember what my epic friends list thingie is, should be kizzle something

Just added you back looks like your Kizzle78

1 minute ago, Wickedkitten said:

I'll be back on in a half hour,e could have had him on that last one with the turrets

Yeah no worries, that last one was so damn close!

Shame people didn't stay on the turrets and lay down the fire on the boss. 

The last couple of games we had i think if we had all aimed for the glowing gold boss we could have actually made it! I really don't understand what people are thinking when they start building those towers towards the sky. 

12 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Yeah no worries, that last one was so damn close!

Shame people didn't stay on the turrets and lay down the fire on the boss. 

The last couple of games we had i think if we had all aimed for the glowing gold boss we could have actually made it! I really don't understand what people are thinking when they start building those towers towards the sky. 

There are so many Fortnite players that build like they are on grand designs and dont know the reason why. See them all the time in team rumble where they will have a build war with themselves because that's what they see streamers do, and then you can either knock them out of their build or wait for them to jump out and shoot them in the face lol. 

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

I'm in the same boat, have all the other challenges done but have to do the 150,000 points (and whatever comes after that). Happy to team up if I'm on when you are!

Maintaining streaks does seem to be crucial. I had a game last night where I collected every multiplier crystal, and during one of the defend sequences I placed a turret and absolutely nailed tons of the obelisks. Thought we'd be nailed on for an amazing score when we won that one but it was only average - about 115,000. So streaks seem all important.

200,000 after that. Headshots and keeping up the KO on moving circle and end boss will see

it done pretty easily with 4 players working as a team. 

Just the 200,000 points left to do for me now after just squeaking a 152k win late last night. I had the highest score on the team so I must be doing something right at least :lol: