rllmuk
grindmouse

Fortnite | Battle Royale - Season 9 - Future Islands

Disco domination's good for that one, too. Build walls at the edge of the dancefloor to protect you in a corner while capturing, but stick traps on them. Enemies often drop in to the corners - instant trap kill.

Just had a game where I saw a supply llama, and two seconds later my random Spanish team mate saw it. I had a height advantage so jumped from the hill and tried to open my glider... but of course the hill was too shallow for the game to let me do that, and the guy beat me to it by a matter of seconds. 

Hngh. Never going to complete that damn challenge

21 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Although I've not found any Heavy Shotguns or Standard Pistols in this mode.

A breeze to do the weapon tier ones though (legendary, etc)

I must have gone up by 10 levels thanks to your tip!

finally the fritemares have been removed, I hated them. Though they did cause me to keep moving and increased my building/ gliding skills.

I see they have kept glider re-deploying , not sure how I feel about this.

The quick respawn and keeping your weapons in disco mode is really helpful to develop skills with a range of guns.

Fucking allelujah!

When they first had the redeploy in the LTM I thought it would be amazing to be able to redeploy, but it killed the mid game because if you engaged you got third partied.

Going back to normal is definitely the right move!

• Upvote 2

The new food fight mode sounds pretty mental

LIMITED TIME MODE: FOOD FIGHT

Summary
The battle of Durrr Burger versus Pizza Pit has begun. Two teams on either side of the map. A huge barrier runs down the middle. Build a fort to protect your restaurant mascot. When the Barrier lowers, destroy the enemy's mascot to win the match!

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Fucking allelujah!

When they first had the redeploy in the LTM I thought it would be amazing to be able to redeploy, but it killed the mid game because if you engaged you got third partied.

Going back to normal is definitely the right move!

Yeah it worked in Soaring because that was actually the mode, everything else though is just bullshit. You shoot someone to within an inch of their life and they swoop off, you shoot someone to death and end up with two squads of people landing on your head. It should actually help map flow a bit as well. I only wish they took it out of the LTM's that aren't Soaring as well because between the vehicles, rifts, shake n bakes, and launchpads it really isn't needed.

• Upvote 1

On the flip side it levelled the field against builders who now have that advantage back so the end game will be forts and snipers again...

i was 50/50 on it, hated it when it first came in but started to like it as it was great for getting about and swooping in with shotguns!

Either way the work that Epic put in is incredible and all the changes and updates still add up to a pretty balanced game! 

10 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

On the flip side it levelled the field against builders who now have that advantage back so the end game will be forts and snipers again...

i was 50/50 on it, hated it when it first came in but started to like it as it was great for getting about and swooping in with shotguns!

Either way the work that Epic put in is incredible and all the changes and updates still add up to a pretty balanced game! 

But building is the skill gap, someone shouldn't be able to just glide into someone who's a skilled builder and shotgun them, especially when glider audio is messed up.

I suck at building, but this also adds the risk/reward back to building, go too high and i'll go to ground and knock you down, go too high vs another skilled builder and you risk falling off, it's what made the game different in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

But building is the skill gap, someone shouldn't be able to just glide into someone who's a skilled builder and shotgun them, especially when glider audio is messed up.

I suck at building, but this also adds the risk/reward back to building, go too high and i'll go to ground and knock you down, go too high vs another skilled builder and you risk falling off, it's what made the game different in the first place.

It makes movement and mobility better for everyone. It doesn’t restrict building skills and there are still advantages to building without fall damage.

I hope they bring it back in future, I expect they will as an alt mode.

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

Yeah it’s why I’m 50/50 on it, im an average builder with moments of great building but for the past weeks it’s been build as high as you can as quick as you can with no risk hence I didn’t like it to start with but for moving around the map it’s been great.

I think as I’ve not played it as much of late due to having so many games on the go my building skills have suffered and this defi levels the playing field a bit but as you say it does take away a core skill so I’m probably just about in favour of it being taken out.

Fuck me am I glad the monsters are gone tho, good fun except at end game the little shits!

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed the redeploy and in the whole think it was better than without, but as above it’s fairly marginal and a simple change is/was good. That’s what makes the game and Epic great.

Plus, after splattering myself in the first game after the update without reading the patch notes, I bagged some easy elims and VR’s in the first few hours thanks to people making the same mistake as me :)

PS food fight is rubbish!

I'd like them to try putting glider redeployment back in but add, say, a 1.5 second recovery animation on landing where you can't move or switch equipment. That way it remains a useful means of getting around the map, and a considered way of repositioning during firefights, but if you try to rush someone that sees you coming they'll have a massive advantage.

I’m getting there. Tier 82, though I did buy that blaster pack. I’ve only managed to fully complete 2 weekly challenges this Season — they’ve been a lot harder this time around. The doorbell one is pretty funny but they have mostly been dull. 

A regular rift, or a rift-to-go? I think it's supposed to be the latter for the challenge.

Really struggling to get a win of any sort, which is frustrating my kids - we have a victory umbrella from every season up to now, the webrella is proving elusive though. Might have to try the switch version, maybe that will help...

My 10 year old son carried me to a duos  victory this morning. I think he had 6 kills and I had zero. He also had to revive me a couple of times :lol:

Cross platform works well though. My kids have a PS4 and I have an Xbox and I love the fact we can play this together on different consoles.

I paid for the extra pass which gave you 20 or 30 tiers boost at the start and I’ve only just reached level 100 and I’m pleased the Hunting Party skin was so bad because the weekly challenges have been a difficult this time round. There’s one for placing chillers when I haven’t seen a chiller in-game for a month or so.

Up until the end of the PvE event this has been my favourite season with all the halloween festivities. I expect the next one will be winter/xmas themed but I will 100% skip the battle pass. Saving my bucks for the skin with the keytar back bling. \m/

Account merging was supposed to arrive in November but not seen any news. 

Between two seasons of this and simply logging in for the daily rewards in STW, I've managed to save up V4,500, spent V900 on the tier boost and V950 on the Season 6 pass. Not bad for around  £15.

On 25/11/2018 at 20:16, ulala said:

Finding it really difficult to get the grenade launcher achievements

Ive spent all day mopping up the challenges, the silly ones like skeet shooting, pop balloons and getting a mini gun kill - I must have done about 10-15 of them but the grenade launcher one is my last one left to be 100% so far! I normally get a load of kills with them but now the focus is on can I even get a grenade launcher? Can I fuck!!

i have some cracking clips of some insane moments I’ve had today and yet my only solo win was a 1 kill throwaway game do8ng a challenge :lol: