rllmuk
grindmouse

Fortnite | Battle Royale - Season 9 - Future Islands

Anyone on PS4 fancy putting up with me? It’s taking longer than normal for me to get even half decent at this because survivability is so hard. I need practice with FPS and I’m not getting any :lol: 

On 4/26/2018 at 17:52, cohen205 said:

Oh no.... not the floss dance... won’t someone please think of the children !!! 

I know - it perfectly exposes the inevitable knee-jerk reactions that follow in schools when something becomes 'too popular' with kids.

"This is terrible! Kids are dancing - wait, what?"

• Upvote 1

@jimmmUK the 100 player Battle Royale mode is free with paid-for Season Passes which open up weekly challenges and let you unlock cosmetic rewards (skins etc).

DON’T BUY SEASON 3 though, as it ends in a couple of days.  Season 4 will start as soon as Season 3 ends.

• Upvote 1

I was “the other guy” for the first time ever yesterday. Running around Dusty Depot, thinking I’d killed everyone there when someone sprayed an assault rifle at me from the middle roof. I jumped, span, and nailed him with 3 headshots from my AR.  Amazing. I’m almost always on the receiving end of stuff like that - it felt amazing! :D

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I think il buy the pass, I’m so shit I have never won a game but will at least feel I am achieving something if I have the pass! 

Heh, that's exactly why I buy it for my kids.  They love the progression and rewards it gives them, while still getting to play along with their mates and get massacred at the first sign of trouble.

Just been in to update may lads account and he's only gone and bought some stupid fucking emote yesterday with his V-bucks he'd been saving and now he only has 900. I now have to buy another 1000 to get the pass, stupid bloody virtual currencies

Dusty has got to be one of the worst spots in the map IMO, so definitely a smart move to do give people a reason to go there. 

Looks like lots of smaller changes as well - prison has been hit by the looks of it. 

Gotta say, Epic are doing a great job of keeping this game fresh. 

image.png.5f718793c505e84dd33b6bb2e2d154a6.png

Had a look through the battle pass rewards and I'm not really feeling it to be honest, none of them really hold that much appeal - the best ones are the free pass ones anyway!

However, I'll still get the pass as I enjoy the progression. Love the game, will be fun exploring the changes to the map!

Fist game of season 4, remote play as wife and kids for first time ever are playing Mario Kart 8 on the main telly ffs!

File%2001-05-2018,%2017%2025%2045.jpeg?r

You could argue I died within a min of landing at Tilted tower and watched my squad decimate everyone and carry my corpse to a win but as no recording available due to remote play I’m more inclined to tell you about the bug with kill counter resetting after 9 kills so showing as 0...

Tried this for the first time last night on my PS4 (just at the end of season 3, I guess). Oh my word, this is fun. I figured it was some ultra serious first person shooter (maybe got it confused with PUBG and all the rest of them?), not something in the Team Fortress 2 mold. I only thought to give it a go because some berk signed up for an Epic account with my email address, so I took it off him and made it my own. 

Managed 47th, 65th, and... 13th! It was fascinating watching the guy who killed me in the last game, he went on to come second. The building tactics seem really interesting, although the match ultimately came down to some careful and patient sniping, whereas number 2 dude did not have the high ground and had to spray with his weapon.

Do you have to buy a battle pass each season (if you want to do get the battle pass progression), or is it a one off thing? I appreciate it's F2P but none of the paid bits make any sense, other than the game itself emphasizing that it's all cosmetic or something.

1 minute ago, catinthehat said:

Yeah, the battle pass is about 8 quid per season if you want the progression.  I think it's worth it, but you can quite happily play without spending a dime.

LIES!

Unless you want to look and dance like a dork ;) 

• Upvote 1

I ended up buying season 3 last week, because i had already leveled up so much. I just had enough to use the free vbucks to pay for season 4.

Does PS4/PC not carry stats across though?

Season 3 was pretty great, the whole meteorite thing was pretty epic, especially with them crashing into the ground a few days before season 4.

The map has had a few changes i have found (besides the obvious). There are a lot of meteorite impacts across the map, there is a new area risky reels too.

One thing i like about this game is the mystery. why are there film cameras, green screens and film sets around? There is also secret bunkers hidden around the place and giant foot prints.

Intrigued to see what happens later this season.

It's on the 10 o'clock news right now with some some spotty oik making a sad face and saying he's worried Fortnite will effect his GCSEs.

Taped that for my kids to watch this morning just to put the shitters up them that they could be ruining their chances of future employment by playing this silly game. 

They just laughed and went and played some Fortnite. 

So proud. 

• Upvote 2

On 01/05/2018 at 12:10, KartoffelKopf said:

Just been in to update may lads account and he's only gone and bought some stupid fucking emote yesterday with his V-bucks he'd been saving and now he only has 900. I now have to buy another 1000 to get the pass, stupid bloody virtual currencies

Email support.  my son did the same. Says he did it accidentally.  I call bs.  anyway. I emailed support and after a few days they replied and refunded the v-bucks

Well this came out of nowhere!

“The “Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup” mode for Battle Royale will feel just like a standard slugfest — with one major difference: One hundred players will descend upon the map and fight until one player is left standing, as usual, but this time you’ll do so with the Infinity Gauntlet in play.

The artifact containing all six Infinity Stones will appear on the map.

Whomsoever finds and equips it will transform into Thanos himself, wielding all the power that comes with him.”

• Upvote 2