rllmuk
grindmouse

Fortnite | Battle Royale - Season 9 - Future Islands

20 hours ago, Broker said:

You generally can't play co-op or online together from one copy on the same PSN profile. 

Like someone else said, this is technically true, but all you need to do is create a separate profile. 

Set one console to primary PS4 for the purchasing account, but have the second player run the game on their as a secondary account.

On the other consoles simply play on the purchasing account.

Job done. I've yet to find a game this doesn't work on given it's baked into the platform and how it handles licences.

• Upvote 1

This is one of the best PvE games I've played you can lose hours to it. The only bummer is how convoluted some of the menu stuff is but I guess that's a knock on effect of the PC version and could obviously change as we are only at closed beta stage.

Very good game, this.  I'm not usually keen at all on resource gathering and crafting but when the payoff is being able to build massive fucking castles with your pals, I'm all over it. 

It's like Orcs Must Die x 10. 

This is really enjoyable and soothes my grind-a-thon itch. The PUGS i've played with so far have fallen into two categories: 

a). Clueless about what they're doing and only interested in setting off the objective so they can mindlessly shoot stuff.

b). I lay down 4-5 perimeter fences, turn around, and some guy has built a 3-storey structure with curved balconies overlooking all sides of approach. :o 

The problem with witnessing (b), is next game you instinctively ignore defence and selfishly go looking for hidden loot. Only to return and find its a bunch of (a) fools and the objective is completely exposed.  :lol:

1 hour ago, df0 said:

My storm base is a right mess, is there a way to remove placed floors/walls? Or do I manually have destroy them all?

I am fucking hating my base right now. It seems you can edit in place blocks (as in: change their shape) but you can't delete them without pick-axing the fuck out of it. Which seems silly.

Has anyone managed to link their accounts to get the 'free' PC-PS4 version? I have this on PC and Epic says that if you link a PS4 account (and vise versa) you should be able to download the game on PS4. Whenever I go to the store though, it tells me I need to pay for it.

Any tips?

43 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Has anyone managed to link their accounts to get the 'free' PC-PS4 version? I have this on PC and Epic says that if you link a PS4 account (and vise versa) you should be able to download the game on PS4. Whenever I go to the store though, it tells me I need to pay for it.

Any tips?

Have you linked it in your account page on the Epic website?

22 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I have, doesn't seem to make any difference :(

I've fired off an email to their CS. Hopefully I'll find out in a few days.

It's a little bit buried on the PSN store.  If I clicked on the advert to go to the game page it only gave me a choice of buying either the £70 or £33 versions but if I went Games>New>Fortnite, on the second row down half way along there was a free full version.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

It's a little bit buried on the PSN store.  If I clicked on the advert to go to the game page it only gave me a choice of buying either the £70 or £33 versions but if I went Games>New>Fortnite, on the second row down half way along there as a free full version.

You utter star Mr Wind :hat:

That worked a treat. Thank you!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Curtis said:

I am fucking hating my base right now. It seems you can edit in place blocks (as in: change their shape) but you can't delete them without pick-axing the fuck out of it. Which seems silly.

These are all things I'm expecting to evolve over time. For example viewing Defenders but being unable to select and slot them and instead having to go to another tab to do so. I'm sure it's a piece of piss with an escape key and a mouse but on console not so much.

It's kind of amazing when two or more of you work to build a fort or defence staging area together and it all just falls into place we built an utter doozy last night only for the husks to fail to materialise leaving us 8 minutes to farm shit :lol:

I got this last night and it seems fun. The menus and level trees are overwhelming - in a good way :) Is there no way to go back and play missions again with your mates in co-op? Couldn't work out how to do that.... surely you don't all have to be in exactly the same point in the campaign to play together?

21 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

I got this last night and it seems fun. The menus and level trees are overwhelming - in a good way :) Is there no way to go back and play missions again with your mates in co-op? Couldn't work out how to do that.... surely you don't all have to be in exactly the same point in the campaign to play together?

I think for the first handful of quests you do as we had that problem, however it does branch out a bit later and we've had no problem since. It's mildly annoying that for the Stormshield defence missions only the host gets credit for defending so you either have to solo or do it 4 times in your group (unless you want to queue with randoms and then join back up). So far at least they seem relatively easy to solo, did defense 4 last night on my own and had no probs.

• Upvote 1

All these Survivors you can place in Squads, they are basically just Cards right? As in, use the Survivor with the perks you want, such as better Traps, more HP etc. Survivors come in different Classes and placing them in the correct Class box grants you better perks.

I think me and Scruff were grouped up yesterday while he was on PS4 and me in the PC. 

The first ten or so missions are meant to basically be tutorial so a lot easier. Once you are into the new area it gets much harder according to Reddit.

7 minutes ago, df0 said:

All these Survivors you can place in Squads, they are basically just Cards right? As in, use the Survivor with the perks you want, such as better Traps, more HP etc. Survivors come in different Classes and placing them in the correct Class box grants you better perks.

I think so. You also get defence ones which I think can be summoned if you build and place the summoning floor tile thing.

37 minutes ago, df0 said:

Aye, you can summon Defenders.

Hey Scruff, we should team up and get Spork in :)

Well, I have it on PC and PS4 as buying one gives you the other, but I'm happy to play with whomever :)

Not enough people play this game!