rllmuk
grindmouse

Fortnite | Battle Royale - Season 9 - Future Islands

So I’ve been neg,eating this but had some games past few days and of course they’ve changed the health thing, I liked it when you got 50hp for a kill in solo but not so much in duos...

Anyhoo, I’m having some incredible rounds with lots of seconds and thirds :hmm: I must have hit two of the best snipe shots I’ve ever done in one game only to then die to a chump who I really should have killed :( I then have a terrible game where I stop shooting mid gun fight, have to go afk for a bit and of course I won that one...

I still love this game, the feeling of a win is addictive and epic still put so much effort into it - I have at least mostly stopped buying silly outfits and dances....mostly.....

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, grindmouse said:

How is Save the World?

It’s offer on PSN for £16 atm.

My 13 year old is fortnite obsessed and was gutted that he spent his money on Save the World. It's not got much of a following as far as I can tell

• Upvote 1

I just can’t be bothered to play the SP even for the vbucks, I mean that’s mostly a time issue because the game seems fine, but fine is generally an insult...

I really like Save the World, but it tends to require quite an investment of time so I rarely play it, easier just to have a quick blast on Battle Royale. Also some of the missions do require cooperation, so it's frustrating when you don't get a good group or they all drop out and you fail the objective having sunk forty minutes into it.

Yeah it’s alright, there’s a good game struggling to get out I’d say, but you hit a ceiling of progression quite quickly and without other friends playing it, you’ll struggle to get any deeper into it. If it’s important though, it will easily pay for itself in terms of vbucks within a few weeks.

Season 9 is a pretty big change, the smg spam is the meta again, vaulting the pump was ballsy.

The new umbrella is the nicest one yet, I was starting to wonder if this would be the first season I never managed to get the umbrella after a string of second places, but I finally unlocked it last night.

It’s a nice looking map too and seems to run super smooth - I’m on a run of there second place in solos and two in duos so the umbrella eludes me at them moment. I can’t decide if the new shotgun is amazing or hot trash, the drum gun is as OP as it was when it left so can’t see that being around long even if it great fun!

• Empathy 1

I managed a solo victory on the first day of the season. I used actual tactics and a sniper rifle to win. Pretty pleased with myself.

I love the changes: the wind tunnels and 80's toy future aesthetic are awesome. The new Rox skin basically upgrades into Samus.

Rox-S0.png

• Upvote 3

The combat shotgun is trash, I’ve given up using it and run AR, Tac Shotgun, Drumgun.

The Tac has a bigger spread and higher base damage so is better if you don’t always nail headshots under pressure. 

Surprised on the combat shotgun comments. I’d say it’s more “overpowered” than the drumgun - it’s too common, too fast & too hard hitting in my opinion.

This is from a player that would always take an smg over a shotgun though. Still, in maybe 20 games since the update, the vast majority of my deaths have been to it. That’s apart from the VRs, of course :)

Combat shoty is very good at aimed headshots, has good range but up close the tac shoty  is harder hitting and more reliable, loads of full on head shots doing under 40 damage with the combat :( 

Drum gun is insane, leaving gold P90s for green drum guns sounds silly but is sane choice atm :o 

I’d have to look up the drop rate but anecdotally it feels like the new shotgun is too common; while I see the drumgun is mad, it at least seems a little harder to find.

My experience is: get to top 5, the only gun being used is the combat shotgun.

Someone made a good point on Reddit: the drum gun being less common is not a good thing, it just means you're less likely to find one to level the playing field with the guy who did find one and wrecked half the server with it.

I don't really mind it to be honest, if I find one I grab it, if someone does me in with one well to be honest I'm pretty bad so it could just as easily have been a regular submachine gun and I'd be just as toast :lol:

I don’t see the drum gun as a rare drop, can’t think of a game where I’ve not had one - the Scar is a rare beast now!

AR - Shogun - Drumgun - minis - Sniper is my preferred loadout

13 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

tumblr_inline_prlohwMZwV1rz3tod_500.png

John Wick event is live.

I was concerned about them unlocking the challenges day by day as I fly to Cyprus tomorrow morning, but I’ve done all my challenges already and got the umbrella 

1 hour ago, Wickedkitten said:

his house is actually out in the desert east of paradise :lol:

And you can dig up the floor in the basement to find lots of chests :D