Moz

Fortnite | Battle Royale - Season 5

I think the thing to practice is ramp and wall and jump. Get that button combo in muscle memory, and you give yourself primitive cover (two walls worth) and height advantage. Then you an extrapolate this to get more height, or a basic fort - almost all defenses have a wall/ramp combo.

2 minutes ago, MattKB said:

I think the thing to practice is ramp and wall and jump. Get that button combo in muscle memory, and you give yourself primitive cover (two walls worth) and height advantage. Then you an extrapolate this to get more height, or a basic fort - almost all defenses have a wall/ramp combo.

That's some good advice. I keep trying to do the four wall, inner ramp thing and failing. Need to be basic as possible. 

I think the four wall is a red herring. As soon as I see someone do a four wall fort, it's great for rushing as there is no escape without them exposing themselves, and even better if you have an explosive it's a nice container to catch it - instant death.

The wall ramp gives you the instant cover, protection and height, then depending on your situation you may want to throw up a wall on one or both sides. I rarely box myself in as it's a grenade catching mitt. You have a nice exit under cover too then out the back should you need it.

The four walls are best when you're base building. For this, unless I'm sodden with materials I'll do a 2 x 1 floor footprint, with walls all around and ramps facing out each thin side. This way cover, height - but still a grenade catcher. So building up from there is nice, you have six panels securing it to the floor so will take usually a couple of explosions at ground level before bringing the whole thing down, and you can get high quickly with low material spend - 18 panels (can do it with 17) gets you a two story version. That's not much wood!

"Last night while inebriated I decided to buy Early Access to Save the World, aka the PvE, main event of Fortnite.  I've already done the opening sequence, it seemed pretty cool!   So let's play the early quests and see what it's all about!"

Starting tonight at 8pm!

I've got a Deluxe version on PS4, wish I got it on Xbox now. It is damned fun though, so might go back and play some more. 

• Empathy 1

37 minutes ago, bradigor said:

This is great stuff thanks. 

Go on YouTube and watch sypher pk. He does fantastic tutorials and commentaries, I have learnt so much from him, such a nice guy and he makes it look so simple 

hes is on twitch now actually, 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Go on YouTube and watch sypher pk. He does fantastic tutorials and commentaries, I have learnt so much from him, such a nice guy and he makes it look so simple 

Yeah he's cool, though I do think he underestimates how legend his shooting skills are! 

1 hour ago, MattKB said:

I think the four wall is a red herring. As soon as I see someone do a four wall fort, it's great for rushing as there is no escape without them exposing themselves, and even better if you have an explosive it's a nice container to catch it - instant death.

The wall ramp gives you the instant cover, protection and height, then depending on your situation you may want to throw up a wall on one or both sides. I rarely box myself in as it's a grenade catching mitt. You have a nice exit under cover too then out the back should you need it.

The four walls are best when you're base building. For this, unless I'm sodden with materials I'll do a 2 x 1 floor footprint, with walls all around and ramps facing out each thin side. This way cover, height - but still a grenade catcher. So building up from there is nice, you have six panels securing it to the floor so will take usually a couple of explosions at ground level before bringing the whole thing down, and you can get high quickly with low material spend - 18 panels (can do it with 17) gets you a two story version. That's not much wood!

Im a big 1x1 base user, I go higher than one generally and can open a wall in a split second so always got an escapade plan!

4 minutes ago, MattKB said:

That’s the caveat I think, if you can quick edit then yes, a 1x1 is pretty decent. 

I keep resetting when I edit... will work on that when I get some basic building down. Watching the PC guys edit, it is a case of blink and you'll miss it. :lol: 

I found my Lamas on Switch and PS4 today, obv not looking and both times in the desert bit - Switch one was on one of the buildings on paradise thingy - had to kill a couple of fools trying to get it after I spotted it, was mental as there I am trying to get a Lama 30 secs into the drop at the most populated bit of the map!

I'm finding Loot Lake a bitch at the moment. Is a bloodbath every time I land there. So giving it a couple of days before heading back. 

Had a few second places, a fair amount of Top 10 mixed in with early deaths. But feeling better with each passing game. 

Nah. I think it's here to stay for a good while. It's made Epic so much money they've reduced their cut on the Unreal store for content creators by 8% and back paid it for the last 4 years. 

The one thing that boggles my mind with Fortnite, is the lack of official (and knock off) merchandise on the High St. 

We tried to find something Fortnite related for Lucas yesterday as a small gift for finishing Junior School, but there was nothing at all. Yet whilst looking you could get stuff for so many other games and properties. I know you can get stuff on eBay and the likes, but that's about it. 

Epic make so much money, it seems they aren't bothered about expanding how much they earn. (This is where you all show me loads I can get)

You’d think there would be toys and the like but 1) if you milk the cow too hard you kill it and 2) I suspect that merch sales would cannibalise v bucks sales. And you don’t want that. I’d be all over a Fortnite amiibo but given all it could offer would be skins, I can’t see Nintendo wanting one of their roster, say Mario or Link, holding a gun. Maybe Samus but then you have the issue of them transferring Samus to their own look, which would also be unpalatable.

In other news, I saw a video of some guy making spiral staircases (albeit with right angles) the other day. How?!

5 minutes ago, Strafe said:

You’d think there would be toys and the like but 1) if you milk the cow too hard you kill it and 2) I suspect that merch sales would cannibalise v bucks sales. And you don’t want that. I’d be all over a Fortnite amiibo but given all it could offer would be skins, I can’t see Nintendo wanting one of their roster, say Mario or Link, holding a gun. Maybe Samus but then you have the issue of them transferring Samus to their own look, which would also be unpalatable.

In other news, I saw a video of some guy making spiral staircases (albeit with right angles) the other day. How?!

Edit mode! 

When you edit a staircase, you get a grid on the floor.  Drag the shape you want! Experiment and see :)

no, the shape you draw on the floor will be the path the staircase takes, from bottom to top. 

Just go and play with it and you'll see :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Epic make so much money, it seems they aren't bothered about expanding how much they earn. (This is where you all show me loads I can get)

Epic Games have struck a deal with Funko. 

The new Fortnite branded collection will feature more than ten different product lines including Funko's iconic Pop! figures, 5 Star figures, Pint Size Heroes, Vynl, keychains, POP! apparel and more.

Launching Holiday 2018, the collection will be available for purchase at a broad array of retailers worldwide.

https://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/funko-and-epic-games-partner-to-launch-fortnite-toys-and-collectibles-20180718-00507

In other news: Save the World is pretty awesome! It's a bit overwhelming at first but I think I'm getting the hang of it! 

Just need someone to share the experience with, now! 

11 hours ago, carlospie said:

Do you think the fortnite bubble will burst at some point? Seems everyone is playing it and only it really at the moment 

I give it two weeks. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, carlospie said:

I imagine next gen getting fortnite could be the biggest exclusive going 

No way, dude. 

Fortnite would not be so massive if it was single platform.  

The reason it's huge is because you can play it on anything! 

52 minutes ago, robdood said:

No way, dude. 

Fortnite would not be so massive if it was single platform.  

The reason it's huge is because you can play it on anything! 

I appreciate the enthusiasm by dood. But the reason this game is successful is that its A. Free and B. Its a stunningly well crafted multiplayer experience. If it was only on PS4 it would still be huge. The fact you can play it on anything is a biproduct of its success.

• Upvote 1