Moz

Fortnite | Battle Royale - Season 5

18 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

I don’t disagree, it’s just frustrating when someone has already built a little house & I’m still just stood there. 

Also the switching doesn’t seem super intuitive, circle to switch & then left & right on the d-pad & then back to weapons before I’m dead. 

:omg:

Switch to builder pro, even I am improving using it. 

Yeh your gimping yourself if you don’t use it. A llama often appears on top of the garden maze keep trying there. One my first game in ages, can’t beat that feeling 

Have you guys clocked how much XP you need to earn this season to get the full Ragnarok gear with skull mask and cape!?

It’s 500,000XP

I have 7,000 from 3 days play, so... fuck all chance of that unless there’s a cheese method.

Yeah, there’s no way I’m getting close to that. You get XP buffs as you go through the battle pass though, and extra bonuses for playing with friends, so it might not be all that far off. I was nowhere near unlocking all of Carbide’s armour last season either. 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Builder Pro! No more scrolling to select what you want to build, couple of presses and it's done!

My son persists with normal building, he's got pretty good at it but honestly when you watch someone trying to build fast using the default method it's like watching someone insisting on trying to compete in the tour de France on a penny farthing. I mean, yeah, it's technically a bicycle, but....

Didn’t know there was a different way to do it, will check it out tonight. 

Might also just drop into 50v50 & hide at the back of the map, building stuff 

15 hours ago, bradigor said:

Wow... only need to find a Llama and get the grenade kills to finish the weekly challenge! Thought I'd never finish one of them :lol: 

I found my Llama in the valley around where A4, A5, B4 and B5 intersect, just North-East of Snobby Shores.

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Have you guys clocked how much XP you need to earn this season to get the full Ragnarok gear with skull mask and cape!?

Hide contents

It’s 500,000XP

I have 7,000 from 3 days play, so... fuck all chance of that unless there’s a cheese method.

59 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Yeah, there’s no way I’m getting close to that. You get XP buffs as you go through the battle pass though, and extra bonuses for playing with friends, so it might not be all that far off. I was nowhere near unlocking all of Carbide’s armour last season either. 

You'll get it, because it no longer has to be completed by the end of the season. As long as you get to tier 100, you can take as long as you want to accumulate the xp :)

Just one of the continual changes Epic keep making to keep the game accessible to all, like making three out of seven of the weekly challenges available to no-skins.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ph0rce said:

Didn’t know there was a different way to do it, will check it out tonight. 

Might also just drop into 50v50 & hide at the back of the map, building stuff 

Yeah do that.

Having switched I don’t understand why it isn’t the default option. There’s no reduced functionality on other stuff (is there?!) that I can see.

So, regarding the Weekly Challenges, do I have to get them all done this week? As I can’t see that happening for some of them, if ever!

The Piñata Llama thing, does that have a fixed spawn or is it random?

No you have the whole season. Always leave the open chests one until next week, the areas are empty then

llama is a random spawn on the map

anyone know a decent YouTuber who does tutorials? 

• Upvote 1

I like Rich and his iTemp Plays channel. They’re not tutorials as such but he does talk you through his thought processes as he plays, which I find useful. He’s mates with AliA but don’t hold that against him - he’s a lot less shouty and his videos are a lot less clickbaity :) 

The llamas are random, according to Epic. There are maps out there with “possible” locations, but I suspect they’re just where a subset of players have found them rather than any indication of where they’re more likely to be. Since they’re so rare, those maps are actually more likely to show hot spots of where players go rather than the llamas themselves.

47 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Yeah do that.

Having switched I don’t understand why it isn’t the default option. There’s no reduced functionality on other stuff (is there?!) that I can see.

I believe it was added a few seasons ago and wasn’t originally an option? 

Ive finally switched this week, it takes a bit of getting used to, but I could see immediately that it’s way better. 

Still not tried motion controls and heard lots of mixed views. 

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

Yeah do that.

It was the same with combat pro and that later became default so I expect builder pro will do soon. As soon as the option was there it was clear it would be better,  no drawbacks at all!

Another vote for iTemp plays youtube channel. Guy's got skills and I've found myself playing more like him, i.e. Aggressively and getting much better results.

Had a great moment last night where I landed on the water tower in retail row with someone else and started hitting him with my pick axe, while he opened the chest and equipped a gun which he couldn't land a shot with and succumbed to the pummeling!

I’m not going to lie & tell you I’m doing any better, but fucking hell, Builder Pro makes a lot more sense control-wise. 

Why the hell does it have that other setting?

And why are the Battle Pass Challenges glitched, it’s really annoying? I just got my third kill on Retail Row ( definitely a kill ) & it popped up in game as challenge complete but when I got back to the menu, it’s still on 2/3. 

:mad:

I had a quick go before my night shift before.   Ended up 2nd...killed four people along the way and only fired 6 shots the whole match. The hunting rifle can be a beast at range. 

47 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

I’m not going to lie & tell you I’m doing any better, but fucking hell, Builder Pro makes a lot more sense control-wise. 

Why the hell does it have that other setting?

And why are the Battle Pass Challenges glitched, it’s really annoying? I just got my third kill on Retail Row ( definitely a kill ) & it popped up in game as challenge complete but when I got back to the menu, it’s still on 2/3. 

:mad:

Did you happen to die about the same time? I had the 'kill enemies with grenades' challenge not count - in the exact same way - after I killed people with an explosion after dying myself. 

I know it's already been mentioned several times, but honestly switch to builder pro as soon as possible. It's takes a little getting used to but It really changes up the flow of the game. 

I've started to get really aggressive now without slowing down to do build. I can't believe I held of so long.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

22 minutes ago, robdood said:

Did you happen to die about the same time? I had the 'kill enemies with grenades' challenge not count - in the exact same way - after I killed people with an explosion after dying myself. 

Yeah, I happen to die most of the time after engaging someone so I guess that’s it. 

It’s done now anyway, along with the Llama one & I’m one kill away from the grenades too. 

My 24th solo win but it’s the first one I’ve got without my Son jumping in when it’s 3 left. 

I didnt even realise it was the last man and just stair/wall/stair up to him and shot him in the face with my Blue AR.

i didn’t think it would ever happen to be honest, at least not on the PS4 version.

4EA9612D-496F-49C1-927E-08E87C18E321.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Got the grenade kills challenge done, so pretty pleased with that. Still can't find a poxy Llama though. In the same time period, my son has found 4 of the fuckers. 

33 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

My 24th solo win but it’s the first one I’ve got without my Son jumping in when it’s 3 left. 

I didnt even realise it was the last man and just stair/wall/stair up to him and shot him in the face with my Blue AR.

i didn’t think it would ever happen to be honest, at least not on the PS4 version.

4EA9612D-496F-49C1-927E-08E87C18E321.jpeg

So, how does the treasure / treasure map thing work?

Is there a map hidden inside one of the chests in that area, or is the map it’s own thing, like the lightning bolts are?

And can only one person get it per map, or can everyone find it?

I really enjoy the odd bit of Fortnight, been playing for about a month now on PS4.

The problem I am finding, is that I am really bad at it. I didn't even realize I could be so bad at a video game. 

The good news is, I can only improve ... I keep telling myself.

You are me, and I feel your pain. 

However, I’ve put a sold few hours in for the past couple of nights & am definitely improving. 

Not so much so that anyone has offered to team up with me from this thread through, haha. :(

1 minute ago, Pixel said:

I think my downfall is the building thing, I rarely build.

As everyone said to me a few pages ago, switch to Builder Pro. 

I’m still not really building but I’m now definitely quicker at putting up ramps. :lol: