Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode

Having to play this fucking game as my son loves it. It is most definitely not my bag. It seems to be populated with instant twitch reflex, 20/20 vision fucking teenagers. 

At least I generally die in the first few seconds so I can sit in peace on the loading screen most of the time. 

Ok, I've tried to google this but the only results that might have answers lead to epic forum pages I'm not allowed to read despite being signed in.

I'd like to play this but the Epic Launcher literally hangs my entire PC when I try to install it. Like "Hold the power button for 5 seconds" level hangs.

Anyone seen this?

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Just you - people land all over in my experience - although there are clusters

https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/26/fortnite-battle-royale-starter-pack-cost/

£5 for a skin and some money...no thanks, but it's a nice skin :P

Just a quick look on youtube has many complaints about tilted towers and the fact it might be getting removed from the game because of the problems it's causing.

2 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Tilted is big with a lot of loot so it's going to attract a lot of people, but there's less than 20 landing there which leaves 80 for the rest of the map, i dont think it's a problem.

I was reading some stats and apparently 75% of people land there? It's become a bit of a meme.

2 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Just a quick look on youtube has many complaints about tilted towers and the fact it might be getting removed from the game because of the problems it's causing.

No way is it getting removed :lol:

Devs are obv trying to draw people away with the challenges but if you want a fun start to a game tilted always delivers!

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

Devs are obv trying to draw people away with the challenges but if you want a fun start to a game tilted always delivers!

I thought that until this week's challenges came out, including the 'Get 3 kills at Tilted Towers' one :)

I think I've landed in the town itself once or twice since it's been there.  I play in random squads quite a bit and people will regularly plonk their markers down there, but I usually aim for the hills to the south where you can pick up a gun or two and then work your way through the mayhem to meet up with your team.  I just don't cope well with there being people on all 4 sides and above and beneath me, and judging by the number of times my squad gets wiped out in seconds, neither do a lot of other people...

Talking of challenges... it seems people largely ignore them in squad mode.  I cleared the "Search 7 chests in Moisty Mire" one in 2 games by going solo in squad mode (and ended up as the 5th best squad in the first game).  Not a soul in Moisty either time.  Same with the Anarchy Acres treasure map one.

14 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Talking of challenges... it seems people largely ignore them in squad mode.  I cleared the "Search 7 chests in Moisty Mire" one in 2 games by going solo in squad mode (and ended up as the 5th best squad in the first game).  Not a soul in Moisty either time.  Same with the Anarchy Acres treasure map one.

In my experience, other people just play a massive, massive amount more than I do, so most of them have completed all challenges before I've even loaded the game.  :)

20 hours ago, Dudley said:

Ok, I've tried to google this but the only results that might have answers lead to epic forum pages I'm not allowed to read despite being signed in.

I'd like to play this but the Epic Launcher literally hangs my entire PC when I try to install it. Like "Hold the power button for 5 seconds" level hangs.

Anyone seen this?

Someone suggested I try disabling the built in windows AV and that did it, which is a little disturbing.

The duo win my 10 year old son and I got as we played the other day was somewhat intense. The first 5 mins and last 2 are where the action was. He was desperately trying to get his weekly trap kill too.

Unfortunately, the PS4 had forgotten to capture party audio, donuts just all gameplay sound effects and not full of shouting and screaming. 

The starter pack is available now, £3.19 for a decent skin, nice backpack and 600 vbucks is a good deal I reckon. Thought it was going to be £4.99, but at £3.19 it's by far the cheapest way to buy vbucks, and you get the goodies thrown in!

2 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

The duo win my 10 year old son and I got as we played the other day was somewhat intense. The first 5 mins and last 2 are where the action was. He was desperately trying to get his weekly trap kill too.

Unfortunately, the PS4 had forgotten to capture party audio, donuts just all gameplay sound effects and not full of shouting and screaming. 

Nice win :)

There are two settings you have to change on each players console to capture voice audio - one is in the party setting and other in main audio settings.

11 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Nice win :)

There are two settings you have to change on each players console to capture voice audio - one is in the party setting and other in main audio settings.

Thanks. Wed done it previously but it's lost it - I assume as part of an update. Should all be good for the next win!

12 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Had a quick go before work. Got to the final 2 (again)and i completely screwed it up. Really thought i was going to get my first win! Just kinda started to panic.

I'd previously been in the top two twice and both times I panicked. One time I had severely injured the guy and had the higher ground and still managed to whip out my pickaxe at a vital moment.  When I finally won,  I tried to call my son from upstairs in the final 30 seconds but all that came out was a strangled, pathetic cry. 

• squirtle changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode