Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH4S1: - Fractured butt hole

Pistol

52 minutes ago, robdood said:

No way, dude. 

Fortnite would not be so massive if it was single platform.  

The reason it's huge is because you can play it on anything! 

I appreciate the enthusiasm by dood. But the reason this game is successful is that its A. Free and B. Its a stunningly well crafted multiplayer experience. If it was only on PS4 it would still be huge. The fact you can play it on anything is a biproduct of its success.

56 minutes ago, Tomdominer said:

I appreciate the enthusiasm by dood. But the reason this game is successful is that its A. Free and B. Its a stunningly well crafted multiplayer experience. If it was only on PS4 it would still be huge. The fact you can play it on anything is a biproduct of its success.

Sure, but let's say it was ps4 only, would people buy a ps4 just to play a free game? I doubt it. I think the reasons for it's success are closely knit. 

2 hours ago, robdood said:

Sure, but let's say it was ps4 only, would people buy a ps4 just to play a free game? I doubt it. I think the reasons for it's success are closely knit. 

That's a ridiculous argument. The game is first successful and then it is a system seller. At first people didn't buy a pc to play minecraft. But minecraft was successful and then the spread of platforms came after.

Only got one kill in just under two hours play tonight, very depressing. 

An hour of that was in 50vs50, which is where I got the kill, but I was mainly trying to kill someone with a grenade, to no avail. 

Then about an hour of Solo with no kills whatsoever, which wasn’t much fun.

Managed to do the Ammo Box challenge & make a little progress in the Assault Rifle damage one but that’s all. 

:(

I remember happier times, times when I’d regularly see a llama. That was before the challenge.

And semi-automatic sniper rifles are now the stuff of legends, in prehistoric, pre week two. I’m not even sure if they ever existed. Maybe I dreamt them.

13 hours ago, carlospie said:

For sure they would buy a console for it 

I’m sure many people would but the average age of a Fortnite player is quite young and most of them will be using consoles that have been out on the market since 2013 and are relatively cheap.

Mum and Dad dropping £500 on a new console to play Fortnite again might be a different matter. They’ll put it on as many machines as possible unless someone stumps up a ludicrous - previously unheard of - amount of cash for an exclusive. 

15 minutes ago, carlospie said:

If I was bill gates I’d be writing the cheque right now!

But that goes against everything MS are doing in the gaming scene at the moment. If they wanted to write a cheque and buy Epic Games, it'd be on a similar deal to what they did with Minecraft, rather than exclusivity. 

This basketball challenge has warmed the heart a little.

Arrived at a court at the same time as an opponent, neither of us with any weapons other than the axe. Rather than lay into each other, we both got our baskets then moved on :hug:

Similar game just now except the other guy was armed. He left me alone to get my basket, then executed me immediately :lol:

Had plenty of other games where the bastards just shoot you no matter what so I rather enjoyed these encounters.

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

I tried this earlier. I have never been able to snipe in any game. 

Each notch on the scope is 125 metres. Aim based on the size of their model to work out how far you shoot. You never need to aim higher than second notch 

1 minute ago, carlospie said:

Each notch on the scope is 125 metres. Aim based on the size of their model to work out how far you shoot. You never need to aim higher than second notch 

If they'd just stand still for a few moments ;) 

8 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I'll just stick with pot shots, blind luck and perseverance. By the time I figure out distances, they'll have moved and/or I'll be dead.

No it’s hard to explain, you can get a rough indication of which notch to use by how small their model is, if barely visible they will need a 2 notch shot, pot shots are still pot shots just gives you a slightly higher chance of nailing one 

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Got TWO headshots with a gold bolt action sniper rifle. 

Fucking knock downs. Bullshit. 

Why didn’t you finish them off!?

I haven’t played in a couple of days and the withdrawal symptoms are kicking in, feeling tetchy!

15 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Because they were fucking miles away and got into cover. It was Duos so they probably got healed. 

Ahh I see, I sometimes snipe them or fast switch to my AR and finish if I’m a way off - that or we mega push preventing a heal by making the teammate permanent build.

Never try to do challenges as it fucks up your normal game I find, it will all come naturally in play outside the whacky ones like scoring hoops etc!

I do the “get 3 kills at...” ones as they’re a good (if bloomin’ frustrating) way of learning that particular place. I’m certainly more comfortable in Retail Row now thanks to last week’s one.

BTW, for the Retail Row challenge I ended up dropping outside (as recommended by someone earlier) at the big Easter Island head to the northeast. There’s usually 2 or 3 uncontested chests there, and a rift, so you can loot up and then drop into the rift and glide into Retail Row, usually just in time to catch the end of a fight and pick off the winner. Worked for me :) 

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH4S1: - Fractured butt hole