Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH4S1: - Fractured butt hole

Pistol

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

I've only just realised you can auto-run :ph34r:

Yeah, now turn it off!

19 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Sooooo.... I gave up trying to find a Llama, just so I could enjoy playing the game for a bit...

Hide contents

Llama.thumb.jpg.498a98e05366187194c4392c70a6e753.jpg

See, told you ;) 

53 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Why would you think enabling auto-run means you'd need to take both hands off the pad more to the point?

Well you wouldn't need to, but you could if you wanted.  And then you'd die, obviously...

25 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

1 in the treasure hunt, and there is then a secret star after completing all the weekly challenges.

You get given a picture after completing all the weekly challenges which gives you a hint to where the secret one is.

Right, pretty sure you can find the secret one at any point, I definitely collected some of the season 4 ones before completing all the challenges..

Ah, here you go.  Stolen from Google.

Spoiler

The map held by Rex in the loading screen shows that the Battle Star can be found in the 'quarry' between Pleasant Park and Lazy Links (formerly Anarchy Acres), with the exact location able to be viewed below in the orange circle.

image.png.94f1bb029553342e45d56afe1ef49f37.png

The Battle Star itself is located on the 'steps' in the quarry, as shown below. Just as a reminder, players must either play the remainder of the match or die in order to complete the challenge, instead of just leaving the game.

image.png.c5edce2fc17e3105c0e146121e7ff86d.png

4 hours ago, fretnoise said:

I tried this last night at Retail Row for the weekly elimination challenge.  The number of times I judged by glide *just* right to land dead next to a chest, but then screwed up the simple bit (pressing square at the right time to search), and then got shot in the head as someone ran up and stole MY gun was just comical.  I've yet to get any kills in Retail Row for the challenge.

Sometimes I find it better to land near to the place you need the kills, get stocked up and then sneak around the perimeter.  If you see two people battling, wait it out and then take out the (weakened) winner.  Sometimes you’ll get a few more people turning up to investigate the din and you can take them out too. :) 

Anyone know how to mute on Switch, please? I was just playing with three barely pubescent French twats whose voices were like cutting myself. I used to live in France so I could also understand how badly they were taking the piss out of me. And it was also very accurate, which made me feel worse. Anyone. Please. 

16 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Anyone know how to mute on Switch, please? I was just playing with three barely pubescent French twats whose voices were like cutting myself. I used to live in France so I could also understand how badly they were taking the piss out of me. And it was also very accurate, which made me feel worse. Anyone. Please. 

Press start.  Select the player from the flags at the top. Press A.  Only press it once! It takes a second to register, if you press again you'll unmute! :)

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Sometimes I find it better to land near to the place you need the kills, get stocked up and then sneak around the perimeter.  If you see two people battling, wait it out and then take out the (weakened) winner.  Sometimes you’ll get a few more people turning up to investigate the din and you can take them out too. :) 

I love pinging two people mid-fight, from a distance, with silenced pistol :wub: they get so confused :D

Thought I'd finally give this a go to keep up with what's going on in gaming a bit.

Lag hell. 10 second pauses, 2 seconds of control. 

Farking Australian NBN!!

7481976288.png

I am wired to the router with CAT6. Meh.

13 minutes ago, pastry said:

Thought I'd finally give this a go to keep up with what's going on in gaming a bit.

Lag hell. 10 second pauses, 2 seconds of control. 

Farking Australian NBN!!

7481976288.png

I am wired to the router with CAT6. Meh.

That's easily enough bandwidth to play tbh.  It uses about 5Kbps up/down during gameplay.. 

Also, I stupidly just bought early access to Fortnite proper - it's pretty neat from the 20 mins of the opening I played.  Shooting hordes with building mechanics etc is kinda cathartic! :D

Weird thing: there's no crouch! 

yeah I thought it would be too! 

Definitely felt a lot more like lag than system, when it did run it was perfectly smooth.. 

I tried a Google but it turns up results of people moaning they only get 50 fps. That's at least 30 more than I got playing Deathmatch Quake all those years ago :P

Just now, Shimmyhill said:

This is unplayable at the start of a match on Switch if you head anywhere with a building and or players :( 

The Switch’s limitations are particularly apparent in 50v50. That mode is a disaster when everyone’s in the safe zone and RPGs are going off all over the place.

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH4S1: - Fractured butt hole