Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH4S1: - Fractured butt hole

Pistol

Having the Battle Pass challenges really makes the game (my first BP). Having to find the lightning bolts for example is helping me with my building and knowing I need to do specific kills with items I never usually use will only help me improve. As will being forced to get into areas I usually avoid. 

I think I'll struggle with the Stink Bomb, Clinger challenge though, as I suck with throwable weapons in pretty much all games. 

8 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Having the Battle Pass challenges really makes the game (my first BP). Having to find the lightning bolts for example is helping me with my building and knowing I need to do specific kills with items I never usually use will only help me improve. As will being forced to get into areas I usually avoid. 

I think I'll struggle with the Stink Bomb, Clinger challenge though, as I suck with throwable weapons in pretty much all games. 

Best way to get the explosive kills is knock someone down with guns then chuck a grenade/clinger at them as they try and slowly crawl off.

2 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Best way to get the explosive kills is knock someone down with guns then chuck a grenade/clinger at them as they try and slowly crawl off.

I know it may be a cunty thing to do, but can I steal someone else's kill if they knock them and I blow them up?

39 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I know it may be a cunty thing to do, but can I steal someone else's kill if they knock them and I blow them up?

AFAIK no. The person who got the knock down gets the kill

31 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Got my first big boy win today, played a blinder with the end zone moving and he/she died in the storm!

File%2013-07-2018,%2016%2054%2014.jpeg?r

I like that the centre of the storm can totally move to somewhere else now.. :D

After dabbling with this a month or so ago & not being impressed, which as it turns out was down to my attitude, not the game, I’ve been playing it a bit more this week & getting into it properly. 

Finally managed to get a few kills as well, which is very encouraging, and I’ve bought the BP too to give me something to focus on, instead of just dying & respawning. 

I’m on PS4, ID is ph0rce2003 ( or just ph0rce if that doesn’t work ) & I’d be well up for some games, if you don’t mind carrying me around the map! :lol:

10 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Sorry man, I felt like a burden at the end, I went for the guy with a heavy shotgun rather than my gold pistol. Thought I should've won that exchange.

Good tactics though. I'll inevitably be on again later.

You played well, comms would have saved you I feel as had no idea you had engaged behind but it was a good run and plenty of kills!

Wow... only need to find a Llama and get the grenade kills to finish the weekly challenge! Thought I'd never finish one of them :lol: 

Do I need to get those two THIS WEEK to be able to get the secret thingy at E3? Or will it appear if I finish it down the line?

It will appear whenever you finish the challenges, there's no time limit (other than the end of the season).

The thing to really keep an eye on is the daily challenges. You get one new one every 24 hours and can stack 3 at any one time. You want to make sure you always have a slot free for when the next one rolls around, otherwise it's a lost opportunity for a battlestar and xp.

I always prioritise finishing a daily or two over the weekly challenges, to make sure I don't fall behind in the battle pass progression.

1 minute ago, Strafe said:

Is pro build enabled by default?

No, swap now!

Just had a docked switch game and it’s running much better on this patch, res seem lower esp as you fly in but I’ll take that for better FPS and smoother controls.

Being a massive splatoon giro aiming fan I tried it on this, fine for moving and normal guns but sniping is awful, so juddery :(

Yeah. I’m missing textures a lot of the time. It’ll get fixed. 

Is is there any way of re-rolling or sacking off a daily challenge like you can on Hearthstone? 

EDIT: Found the option to replace quest. Jesus the UI in this is awful. 

31 minutes ago, robdood said:

Yep @GokouD! @Pistol and I were enjoying adventures in N64 land last night...

I also. Seem to get huge pauses / hitches when pickin up WEAPONS. Pretty frustrating tbh. 

Yeah, I get all sorts of freezes and framerate issues too. Player models are slow to load too, on the starting island all I see are floating axes! Also, if I'm being pedantic the loading screen when you boot the game up is in the wrong aspect ratio the 2nd and 3rd times you see it, which really bugs me! I hope this all gets fixed soon because it's not much fun to play at the moment.

Had a few more hours last night, got the lightning bolts done in 50v50 but didn’t actually manage to kill anyone in 5 games which is a bit disappointing. 

Then did a bit of solo stuff, I’m fine if I get the proper drop on someone but as soon as they start building, I’m dead or if they see me first, I’m dead in seconds. 

I wish there was a mode without building, as I like the exploration & combat. 

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH4S1: - Fractured butt hole