IGNORED

Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome

Pistol

1 minute ago, Harns said:

I've had a bunch of Solo wins getting around 10 kills on the pro controller but using the joy-cons I'm lucky to get a single kill! It's an essential purchase i reckon.

70 quid I don't have.. :(

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Have you got £13.55 and a pad? Xbox One, 360, PS3/4...

Don't those converters use the USB?  I like my ethernet adapter because of the flakey Switch Wifi. 

34 minutes ago, robdood said:

Had a go on Switch this morning, I find the aiming so impossible.  Combination of framerate, joycon analogue sticks and never being able to settle on sensitivity settings.  

Hats off to those who can do FPS on controllers, I just can't manage it :(

That’s what they just added the gyro aiming for.

Joycon analogue sticks are bad for shooters. That’s never been an issue for Splatoon and now it’s less of an issue for this, despite there being plenty of room for further improvements.

12 minutes ago, robdood said:

Don't those converters use the USB?  I like my ethernet adapter because of the flakey Switch Wifi. 

They do; not a problem if you're using the dock, but if you're using it out of the dock you'd have to see if the Switch supports a usb hub I guess.

45 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

But the game is unplayable docked on Switch, so I’d have to set up the console on a table and play with the Pro that way.

Well do that then!

I play it docked and it’s fine, it’s not great but then handheld isn’t a patch on PS4 so it’s all a compromise and I find the small screen & joycon combo the worst of the options.

2 hours ago, Herbalizer said:

If anyone wants to add me for duos or squads then my Epic username is Vivsjack.   Im on most nights. 

Will add you later mate, more friends the better! Definitely seems like playing with 3 mates on battle pass is most efficient way to level. 

11 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I dont know if its a problem with my setup but docked the game lags and jitters. If it ran as well as handheld it’d be fine.

You can force the switch to run at 720p docked which seemed to improve performance when I tried it. 

Obvs visual clarity is a bit lower, but could help you! 

Also, I played a bit more just now in handheld, absolutely decimated people with the tac smgs! And shottie headshots way more achievable for me with gyro aiming. 

Oh yeah! Thank god I found a way to make it work! 

57 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I dont know if its a problem with my setup but docked the game lags and jitters. If it ran as well as handheld it’d be fine.

Nah, same here. Many of the close quarters gunfights I get into on Switch end up looking like a slideshow on my TV screen.

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Nah same, doesn’t hold 30fps and poor input feel, handheld is defi much better

1 hour ago, robdood said:

You can force the switch to run at 720p docked which seemed to improve performance when I tried it. 

Obvs visual clarity is a bit lower, but could help you! 

That's interesting - I'd gladly trade a bit of visual quality for better performance, although when I do play on the (docked) Switch I generally find that the lower overall standard of my opponents makes up for it, plus using a proper controller certainly gives me an edge!

For those of you playing handheld, I got my son some of those rubber thumb stick grips for his birthday and he claims the difference is amazing. Those sticks are so tiny, that a little bit of extra height and size does seem to make a big difference. Worth a go for a couple of quid!

Handheld only on Switch for me, as are all games on Switch actually. For Fortnite if I want to play on the TV I’ll play the Xbox version. 

However, most of my gaming is on Switch at present. 

17 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Holy shit!!

It’s smooth docked for me now and the Pro controller is insane! I killed 6 people around snobby shores. It only registered 3 kills which is annoying - but @Shimmyhill is right it’s like God mode with gyro. 

Haha, 720p trick worked then? 

And what changed your mind about the Pro controller? 

I just got two kills, then was killed around 10 seconds after that. Improvement? Perhaps.  

Anyone know now what the ‘treasure’ is on this week’s challenge? What am I looking for? I found a piñata, so got are for that challenge and have found 5/7 lightning bolts and 5/7 chests from Snobby Shores. Everyone is landing there at the moment, and so much quicker than I can get there :S 

The treasure doesn't appear until you're in the right place, at which point it materialises in front of you.  If you know roughly where you're going from the treasure map (or you've cheated and looked online :)) there's usually a little patch of dirt in the grass indicating where to go.

@bradigor I can't actually figure out what's supposed to be happening at E3.  The treasure from the treasure map is the other one.  You don't need to have ever seen or been in the vicinity of the treasure map for the treasure to appear.  I stumbled across a couple last season without even knowing they were a thing...

I find squads (no fill) a decent way of doing these challenges, apart from the current week's "Search chests at..." one, which I usually leave until the following week.  The map's a lot more empty in squads as people tend to stick to their groups, leaving bigger gaps in between.

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome