IGNORED

Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome

Pistol

Sorry @robdood, I sucked. Had my son with me in the first one* and was distracted by my daughter trying to climb out of the window :lol: 

*Him on XB, me on Switch and I think yourself on PC, just needed someone on mobile to complete the set.

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

By the way, does anyone hear a weird explosion noise now? It's none of the explosives or anything like that. I hear it most at Snobby Shores. 

Preceeded by a short beeping noise? If so thats an airdrop nearby

11 minutes ago, bradigor said:

By the way, does anyone hear a weird explosion noise now? It's none of the explosives or anything like that. I hear it most at Snobby Shores. 

Yes, like thunderclaps, I figured it was rift related. I see there’s a challenge related to searching the floating thunderbolt symbols, is it just a case of pressing X As you float down? I saw one before I read the challenge and couldn’t work out how to interact before I drifted past it. 

1 minute ago, MagicalDrop said:

Yes, like thunderclaps, I figured it was rift related. I see there’s a challenge related to searching the floating thunderbolt symbols, is it just a case of pressing X As you float down? I saw one before I read the challenge and couldn’t work out how to interact before I drifted past it. 

That's it yes!

You need to search the lightning bolts. 

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

Yep. It’s people jumping between rifts / portals. 

I’m liking this update, the karts are loads of fun, but leave you vulnerable on solo. Taking some one out on a kart, grabbing their gear and racing off is awesome! 

Im considering buying some v-bucks and splashing out. I’ve bought the battle pass twice on Switch and PS4 once and the starter pack on PS4, but I feel like I should chuck some more money at it! 

You’ll never forget your first victory royal, or maybe your second or third. It’s got to be one of the most adrenaline inducing game moments I’ve ever experienced! 

I just wish I could cross play with Switch with the PS4. I’d love some local multiplayer with my little boy, especially on the playground mode. It’s making me consider getting an Xbone!  

@robdood scared the shit out of me when I returned to the lobby and we were in a party and he was talking!!

I was stood in the kitchen with the Switch on a stand and a half prepped gammon on a board next to me, I’d just picked up a knife after my victory - I’m lucky to have fingers still :lol:

Sorry I couldn’t join you and @Pistol but I had said gammon to prepare and when I came back you were in a locked party so I’ve retired for the evenin!

1 hour ago, OneDvBmbr said:

So, that didn’t go well!

I wonder if we were mainly up against PC players pairing up with @robdood? Definitely felt tougher than when I play on Switch. 

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Terrible tonight. I think gyro has upped the game, unless we were matched with PC players.

Yeah it's impossible to tell once in game, but it's likely there were PC players against us..  I'll go on the switch next time! :)

20 hours ago, robdood said:

I couldn't get on with the motion aiming at all, it was jittery as fuck for me, not a patch on Zelda. 

8 hours ago, grindmouse said:

Terrible tonight. I think gyro has upped the game, unless we were matched with PC players.

:( I was waiting for the gyro option to be patched in before starting on Fortnite.  Is it fucked or can you adjust after maybe playing with the settings.  Also is there a recentre button?

Had a go on Switch this morning, I find the aiming so impossible.  Combination of framerate, joycon analogue sticks and never being able to settle on sensitivity settings.  

Hats off to those who can do FPS on controllers, I just can't manage it :(

8 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

@robdood scared the shit out of me when I returned to the lobby and we were in a party and he was talking!!

I was stood in the kitchen with the Switch on a stand and a half prepped gammon on a board next to me, I’d just picked up a knife after my victory - I’m lucky to have fingers still :lol:

Sorry I couldn’t join you and @Pistol but I had said gammon to prepare and when I came back you were in a locked party so I’ve retired for the evenin!

Ha we were on tenterhooks when it said there were only two left in your game - glad you got the win!

8 hours ago, shirubagan said:

APologies to @robdood and @Pistol for me being a complete noob at this :lol: 

No worries - I didn’t exactly cover myself with glory last night :lol:

One time it’ll just click, or the planets will align, and you’ll have an absolute blinder of a game. I was telling @robdood about the previous night where I was on my son’s account trying to finish off eliminations in different named locations to get him the blockbuster challenge before the season ended,  and somehow getting 5, 6 eliminations per game, coming 2nd and so on. Probably down to just going balls out, caution to the wind and playing as aggressively as possible.

24 minutes ago, robdood said:

Hats off to those who can do FPS on controllers, I just can't manage it :(

I've had a bunch of Solo wins getting around 10 kills on the pro controller but using the joy-cons I'm lucky to get a single kill! It's an essential purchase i reckon.

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome