Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome

Pistol

3 minutes ago, BruceBruce said:

Yea that's one thing I like about the battle passes.  If you play enough, you can earn enough v-bucks to pay for the next season without paying a dime.  That's how these types of games should work.

I want to write something about the Fortnite monetization model and how it should be the standard for GaaS and extend to even the likes of CoD, Battlefield, etc. Because I am more than happy to pay funds into Fortnite (whether that be to get my first Battle Pass, or even oick up the odd skin to support the devs), but would rather not pay out for another CoD that feels even more striped back than anything before it. 

:D

Here's a tip for you, then; if you can cope with using Bing for your searches rather than (or as well as) Google, then Microsoft Rewards will net you enough points for £5 of credit at least once a month. That pays for the battle pass; you're then free to spend the v-bucks you earn on neat dances :)

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

:D

Here's a tip for you, then; if you can cope with using Bing for your searches rather than (or as well as) Google, then Microsoft Rewards will net you enough points for £5 of credit at least once a month. That pays for the battle pass; you're then free to spend the v-bucks you earn on neat dances :)

Ooo!  What is this MS reward system?  Never even heard of it!!

1 minute ago, grindmouse said:

I’m guessing you can’t use MS Rewards on Switch alone.

Yeah I was hoping I could link my Xbox account and then redeem, but just like the other platforms, Vbucks stay on the platform on which they were purchased.  :(

Ah, I guess if you don't have an Xbox it won't benefit you :(

If you do have one, just fire it up when you want to spend the v-bucks. The stuff you buy with them is available across all platforms, they just don't show up in your wallet on the other devices.

I've currently got Fortnite on Switch and Xbox, when I started playing I didn't bother setting up an Epic account as I wasn't that invested. I cant seem to find an option to create one now, really want to share the battlepass across platforms. Have I missed my opportunity to create an account?

You do actually have one, if you skip creating one it actually makes one anyway using your gamertag. You can then claim it on Epic's website and assign a password to it, make sure it's linked to your console accounts then you'll get cross platform progression.

Basically don't create a new Epic account. There are articles and guides on how to claim your "headless" Epic account, usually linked to how to claim the twitch prime loot packs.

What might have knackered things up is if you actually have two headless Epic accounts, then you might need to scrap one of them and make sure both consoles are linked to the same Epic account. This won't have happened if you answered the "have you played Fortnite on another platform" questionnaire thing when you logged in for the first time on the second console you started playing on, though.

4 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I have two epic accounts linked to separate consoles - one created on PS4 and other headless one from Switch I later linked to see if it recorded stats - doesn’t on Switch :( 

Switch doesn't seem to record stats at the mo (which is a shame as I've been racking up the solo wins). Mine is linked to Xbox and Switch and it doesn't carry across. ugh!

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

I hope they’re still optimizing the Switch version. Because it’s unplayable docked for me. Stutters all over the place.

Handheld is great, but it has made me re-consider the PS4 version.

I am sure they will optimize it. They did wonders on the base ps4 version, give it a few weeks and i'm sure there will be an update.

2 hours ago, grindmouse said:

I hope they’re still optimizing the Switch version. Because it’s unplayable docked for me. Stutters all over the place.

Handheld is great, but it has made me re-consider the PS4 version.

I think they will after a pause for S5, you really should play it in PS4 as it’s so much better looking with 60fps and better shooting due to that - I prefer the switch pro pad but that’s the only point that’s better, well other than being much less competitive! 

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome