Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome

Pistol

20 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I don’t get social media but what is all this hashtag stuff? Do other people search hashtag Nintendo switch? 

yeah.  Or sometimes just click on it to see more NintendoSwitch stuff.  

Lots of tweets with that tag means it starts to show higher up in trending tags and so brings a bigger audience. 

27 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Finally got my first Victory Royale in solo! Incredibly tense towards the end. Think I was literally hyperventilating.

The first solo win is up there with the best gaming moments :) 

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I reckon this is one of the best games of all time. It has looting, shooting, building, hiding, it’s just great. I’m utter shit too

It’s easily in my top 10 and win or lose there is always something going on to keep pulling me back for ‘just one more round’ 

In some sad news I’m going to miss out on the final challenge, hitting level 80 as there isn’t enough time or XP to do it, I’ve done every challenge and level 100 on battlepass so it’s a shame :( 

Even a win gives little XP

File%2006-07-2018,%2019%2021%2055.jpeg?r

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Hard reset fixed it, maybe try that?

Cheers. I gave that a go, but no joy. Will have a fiddle around tomorrow. 

Just realised that Fodtnite is made by the people that made Unreal Tournament. Are there any UT skins?

The music on the loading screen sounds like the old sweep through the subway when starting up Unreal Tournament 99. 

I go into most games and do shit, or try to be stealthy, see little action but finish top 10. Yet I don't care, it is so much fun, so winning doesn't matter, I know I will be one of the worst players out there, but every little kill I get, or every time I reach the top 10 is a little victory for me. 

That being said, the two victories I had in Duos and Squads were right up there with the best gaming emotions, the tension is unrivalled in modern multiplayer gaming. 

I got a new personal best in solos earlier, 5 kills! I've stopped playing cautious and am just throwing myself into the action. It seems to be the best way to learn! My building is coming along, I'm actually fairly confident at rushing people down now!

Such a great game.  I haven't been this heavily into a shooter since cod4 / counterstrike. 

5 hours ago, ronin said:

Oh look its the daily 'surprise' from Epics PR agency

Lols, PUBG will copy it in 6 months, badly!

All good fun, they have mastered hype in a way I can’t remember a game ever has before and with so little form before Fortnite!

30 minutes ago, ronin said:

I didnt mention PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds.

No but you’re a PUBG fan who only posts derisory comments in the Fortnite thread, it’s detective season in Fortnite and this was an easy case to put together...

My 12 year old son rang from his mums last night to ask me to buy the final rank he needed to get to 100 on the Battle Pass, as he bought the V-Bucks on the PS4  here but can play on his Mac at his Mums house as well. But today is my eldests day to have the computer after school apparently so he would not have had time to make the jump to 100. In an age where monetization is mostly a nasty money grabbing exercise, the Battle Pass on Fortnite is pretty good value, and he has earned enough V bucks for the next one as well. Personally I am sick of seeing the damn thing on my TV and hearing about his exploits, but he loves it, so who am I to knock it! 

36 minutes ago, Pistol said:

My performance last night was so bad, it turned @robdood's entire head white!

IMG_2679_small.PNG.965fa14821a2fa38434e33ad8ce8397b.PNG

Hah, here's a bug I keep getting when using random all for my outfit.  Disappointed it only affects me and no one else can see it :(

95fea5e8-52f8-4e5c-ba27-b9d02419b2f7.thumb.jpeg.4910d074e4e919b59c8acbdac57dbb4e.jpeg

That's pretty cool @robdood :D

Those bugs seem to happen quite a bit on PC, the weirdest ones I've seen people post is where the hair and face textures get swapped round and you end up with the stuff of nightmares :o Eyes and tongues stretched over the back of heads...

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

What did you use for the stuff inside @Pistol? My boy would lose his shit if I did that for him. 

50p blue hair gel from Tesco's, one and a half tubs!

Also made some mini shield drinks for his party using mini milk bottles (£3.99 for 6 from the Range) filled with blue drink (see post in Food & Drink). Only, learn from my mistake - when you add food colouring to fizzy pop, you get a blue frothy volcano. Which was highly entertaining for the kids I have to say, but less so for me :lol:

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome