Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome

Pistol

Never played this before but a mate told me about the zero build mode and I'm absolutely loving it. Much more chilled than warzone and less technical than apex (which i do think is excellent) 

Yeah I'm relatively new to Fortnite (only started 2/3 months ago) and I hate build mode. Getting the jump on someone only to watch them cocoon themselves in a ridiculous tower that stretches up to the moon just isn't fun to me, I find the whole building aspect just kind of silly and irritating really. Much prefer having to properly utilise cover and landscape.

7 hours ago, Majora said:

Yeah I'm relatively new to Fortnite (only started 2/3 months ago) and I hate build mode. Getting the jump on someone only to watch them cocoon themselves in a ridiculous tower that stretches up to the moon just isn't fun to me, I find the whole building aspect just kind of silly and irritating really. Much prefer having to properly utilise cover and landscape.

grab yourself some fireflies and then use them on the bottom of towers.

take out the bottom of towers with your pickaxe or guns.

so many options for taking out builders, something really satisfying about watching the fall to their deaths or burn up in their little Tower of Babel.

The addition of mantling has really helped against hotel builders, too. Can’t outbuild them? Climb their structure.

Doesn’t help against mad skilled editors, but it does level the playing field somewhat.

It's brilliant. I've been playing properly since the island flipped so witnessed the introduction of the knee slide and the mantling. 

Those two new moves and the zero build make the game a fluid joy to play. 

My Epic ID is PBarnard or ZilogZ804MHz on the Xbox. I'm usually on in the evening chin wagging with friends if anyone wants to join us. 

The non build mode should be a separate game called Nite…..

Personally I can’t stand it, Fortnite has always been a fairly average shooter but the building and mucking around side of it elevates it into my most played game for several years! I hope the wins in non build don’t count to your totals 😱

48 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Yes please. Looks like I'll be signing up to FN Crew for a month.

I thought the last one was better, but I do like the octopus back bling!

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/06/2022 at 17:25, carlospie said:

Zero build is the way now. Dont have to loose to fast building sweat nerd kids anymore. 

This is not true as you know from the epic squads we had last night with @Pistol and Big G….

Four (4!!) wins with 3 in a row in the proper mode with this being the pick…

16 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

This is not true as you know from the epic squads we had last night with @Pistol and Big G….

Four (4!!) wins with 3 in a row in the proper mode with this being the pick…

The Fortnite gods were with us last night for sure!

Nice to get some games where we didn’t feel outmatched, even more of the games we didn’t win weren’t overly sweaty!

Tonight I’m having an error which is saying unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account on xbox live.

I’ve checked and my epic account is still linked to xbox. Cloud also doesn’t work, but PC and PS5 do work ok. Friends are ok, and Rocket League logs in ok (also uses epic). Have tried rebooting the router too. Very odd. 

19 minutes ago, MattKB said:

Tonight I’m having an error which is saying unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account on xbox live.

I’ve checked and my epic account is still linked to xbox. Cloud also doesn’t work, but PC and PS5 do work ok. Friends are ok, and Rocket League logs in ok (also uses epic). Have tried rebooting the router too. Very odd. 

Never had that myself, but it may be worth keeping an eye on here:-

https://status.epicgames.com/

Not that it's showing they are having any issues in their end.

I had a weird thing earlier with my Series S where it wouldn't log me into Minecraft and I had placeholders for icons on Game pass so maybe Xbox Live is having a wobbly tonight. 

1 hour ago, MattKB said:

Go into Network Settings > Advanced on your Xbox and delete the MAC address. I had the same. 

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Go into Network Settings > Advanced on your Xbox and delete the MAC address. I had the same. 

The alternative max address? I cleared it and restarted. Same issue :(

12 hours ago, MattKB said:

The alternative max address? I cleared it and restarted. Same issue :(

Google shows these as possible fixes

https://gamertweak.com/unexpected-error-occurred-xbox-fortnite/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yCnxvoLKjI

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/unexpected-error-occurred-while-signing-in-to-your/a02d6f04-8fee-43dd-992b-f407bbbbb890?page=17

Is it the same error as the one on YouTube?

Have you got another device you can try your account on?

Tried all those, no joy. Also reinstalled, tried hard reboots, different DNS, wiped the xbox settings. Spent the morning with Epic and Xbox support, absolutely no joy. :(

So I started booting this up purely for the Microsoft reward points. But now I've started having a quick game every so often.

Is this mostly populated with bots? I keep encountering opposition who just seem to be walked around, right up until I shoot them. Are they real people playing badly or what?

Speaking of which, I've played half a dozen times, tops, don't play FPS type games and have just finished 9th. Is that because I'm being matched with fellow noobs or is it the above mentioned bots giving me an easy ride?

Ah right. That makes sense. 

I'm actually having fun playing it, which has really surprised me. 

Any hints and tips? Weapons I should be aiming for? I discovered I'm fucking deadly with a sniper rifle, though I'm not adverse to running headlong and an opponent with a shotgun. Are there upgrades or perks or anything?

If they're literally walking around and don't shoot at you, they are NPCs. They have a kind of shimmering effect on them. Some have names and you can talk to them, or buy things from them. 

Best not to kill them I reckon. 

Edited by Percy Filth
Also there are loads of bots when you start

27 minutes ago, Percy Filth said:

If they're literally walking around and don't shoot at you, they are NPCs. They have a kind of shimmering effect on them. Some have names and you can talk to them, or buy things from them. 

Best not to kill them I reckon. 

Oh I didn't know that. I've just been blasting anyone I come across.

What does gold do for me?

You can spend gold at vending machines for weapons and ammo; buy items from NPCs, or hire them; upgrade weapons to better rarities at upgrade benches.

I tend to run short range panic weapons in slot 1 (usually an SMG this season, the shotguns aren’t really working out for me), ranged weapon slot 2 or 3 (AR), long range weapon or utility item slot 3-4 and heals slot 5.

2 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

I like to have a sniper/dmr, assault rifle and shotgun/SMG in my first 3 slots then health and shield in the other 2

I go Ar, a mid range one in slot 1. 
Then SMG in slot 2, stinger not that charge mess. 
Shields or heals 3. 
Support in 4, grapple or port a fort. 
Dmr or sniper in 5. 

If the AR is a burst, I may go shotgun 5 rather than DMR. 

I like to run AR so I can flick left or right for other options but I guess it could be sandwiched between them anywhere. 

Ar,shotty,SMG,sniper for me. Then healing in last slot.

Open with a shot blast, the a full clip from SMG. Leave no one standing.

Its a really fun game. Next season get the battle pass too, gives you little side missions to do in game and that dopamine hit as you level up. 

At the moment, the E-11 Blaster, a sniper, AR and Shield/Health in the last two, unless I have the cans 6 pack or berry’s then I’ll add shotgun or SMG depending on what I find first.

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S4: Paradise - Shiny and chrome