IGNORED

Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S3 We vibin’ boys

Pistol

1 hour ago, deKay said:

But it says 1st out of 95.

No way was I first.

It was 50 v 50 so you could come first or last, your team won so as a team you came first. It’s a good mode to mess around in and practice but I wouldn’t add that win to your epitaph as it’s a hollow way to get a victory Royale ;) 

2 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

It was 50 v 50 so you could come first or last, your team won so as a team you came first. It’s a good mode to mess around in and practice but I wouldn’t add that win to your epitaph as it’s a hollow way to get a victory Royale ;) 

Real winners let their 11 year old do all the work!

8 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

But it says 1st of 95 in addition to the win. I wasn't first by a long shot.

12 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

Just had my first go of Fortnite ever on Switch. I'm... confused!

This, I played for the first time ever on Friday and it was just soooo confusing to begin with. It really doesn't give you any help at all does it (either with the interface in terms of accessing and playing, or just in terms of actual gameplay).

Apologies to anyone that had me in their team at any point over the first few days, especially poor @Barnard I think it was who got to see me very early on and hear me discovering that voice comms also works wirelessly using a PS4 headet :lol: (mind you, I was very poor but he did admit to having Love Island on so we're even).

Getting a bit better now though - scored a solo 2nd, feels like my first win (not counting 50vs50 obviously) isn't far away...

12 hours ago, MrPogo said:

Same here. First game I ended up caught in a storm and died, discovering a sprint button which let me outrun it too late, then the second one I got in the middle of the action but couldn't figure out how to build anything or who I was supposed to be shooting! Made it to the final 5 people by just running around not really doing anything though! :P 

You can outrun the storm? I played several times but didn't really get much of what was going on. I watched a game right to the end and everyone ends up in weird little towers taking super sketchy pot shots at each other.

Depends where you are. Keep an eye on the map; if you're a long way from the circle and get caught in the storm, that's pretty much curtains for you. But sometimes you can outrun it.

The first storm does least damage - 1 per second on normal game modes. If you have full health, that's 100 seconds survival time so can actually be long enough to get out of it. If you have bandages or a medkit, even longer (s long as you remember to leave enough time to finish applying the thing before your health gives out!)

And because the storm isn't centered each time, it shrinks faster on the "wide" side than on the "narrow" side, if you see what I mean. Checking where you are with relation to the next safe zone and how long before the storm starts to shrink again lets you know how quickly you're going to have to leg it.

25 minutes ago, rgraves said:

This, I played for the first time ever on Friday and it was just soooo confusing to begin with. It really doesn't give you any help at all does it (either with the interface in terms of accessing and playing, or just in terms of actual gameplay).

Yeah, it’s strange. I just got mocked by French kids over and over. 

I couldn’t figure out if I’m supposed to build a base or what and just kept getting splatted!

Double pump clip for those that wondered why running two is best!

I did then win the game but couldn’t record the double pump win kill because I’m full apparently, not space tho so much have a max number of vids on Switch!? :o 

It could do with an area you can jump into where you can juast mess around with weapons and building. 

I know how to build, but not in a combat situation, so would love to be able to practice quick building.

20 minutes ago, bradigor said:

It could do with an area you can jump into where you can juast mess around with weapons and building. 

I know how to build, but not in a combat situation, so would love to be able to practice quick building.

Thats coming soon apparently, resoawns in a test area so can play with building and guns!

So I went from Tier 11 to 22 in about 2 hours yesterday thanks to the BP challenges, so that's next Season's battlepass taken care of. The challenges are decent. Gives you a mild diversion when heading into a match to get you through that initial slow bit.

what are the challenges like?  I'm quite enjoying the fact that I don't need to pay any money to play this...  what does the leveling up give you?  AFAIK - everything is just cosmetic and there's no need to pay money.  This is a good thing.

4 minutes ago, scottcr said:

what are the challenges like?  I'm quite enjoying the fact that I don't need to pay any money to play this...  what does the leveling up give you?  AFAIK - everything is just cosmetic and there's no need to pay money.  This is a good thing.

Leveling up gives you new skins, emotes, vbucks etc.

You don't need to pay money at all, but chances are if you have played for a while you might want to pay for a season pass (£8 for 10 weeks is nothing really) so that you level quicker and get some extra stuff. Plus if you play long enough you should earn enough vbucks to pay for the next season pass.

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

so there's no unique content like special game modes or stuff?

Only if you buy the "save the world" part which is kinda like a big horde mode (not available on the switch though).

game modes get changed every week or so, the game [Battle Royale] is 100% free.

3 minutes ago, scottcr said:

so there's no unique content like special game modes or stuff?

I forgot to mention though, the season pass does unlock challenges that you don't normally get. These can be pretty fun to do, but are not essential. Like kicking 5 footballs into different goals, xp for kills in certain areas etc.

29 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Once you hit level 6 or so you should get the free challenges.- get X many kills with this, play that many games with mates, etc. 

It's quite fun. On reflection I'm not a hundred percent sure why I bought a battle pass as I couldn't care less about any of the cosmetic unlocks but I do enjoy some of the challenges.

The challenges have been a godsend when I've really messed up my start. Finding something else to focus on other than a win has been quite fun.

Absolutely loving 50 vs 50 over the weekend, the final few minutes when everyone is tooled up beyond belief are epic - rockets flying, huge structures sprouting up and bullets all over the place...the thrill hasn't dimmed at all.

1 minute ago, friedgold said:

The challenges have been a godsend when I've really messed up my start. Finding something else to focus on other than a win has been quite fun.

Absolutely loving 50 vs 50 over the weekend, the final few minutes when everyone is tooled up beyond belief are epic - rockets flying, huge structures sprouting up and bullets all over the place...the thrill hasn't dimmed at all.

Yeah 50 vs 50 is a great mode, i have heard it might become a standard gamemode.

I have really enjoyed the sniper mode too. helps getting some practice with the rifles etc since it's hard to come across them in a normal mode.

• Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S3 We vibin’ boys