Jump to content
IGNORED

Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S3 We vibin’ boys


Pistol
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mine is mdn2. Although I've only played one game where I ran around confused for 5 minutes and then died. Everyone else looked really busy and organised and I just hit trees with a pickaxe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh my God! Just came second. I was really pleased with how this match went. Got into a scrap or two early on, remembered to keep healing/keep my shields up, learnig how to retreat effectively and was really happy that I managed to make it down this flidd without killing myself as I was a bit short on materials.

 

And that finish. :lol: I should have jumped. Also - would a sudden wooden wall have helped in that situation or would it have just been blown to smithereens and me with it?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Oh my God! Just came second. I was really pleased with how this match went. Got into a scrap or two early on, remembered to keep healing/keep my shields up, learnig how to retreat effectively and was really happy that I managed to make it down this flidd without killing myself as I was a bit short on materials.

 

And that finish. :lol: I should have jumped. Also - would a sudden wooden wall have helped in that situation or would it have just been blown to smithereens and me with it?

 

 

 

Walls stop rockets so would have saved you for sure :(

 

All new players change to builder pro as it’s the only way to compete when building - trust me!

 

How did you get the switch footage onto YouTube?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

Walls stop rockets so would have saved you for sure :(

 

All new players change to builder pro as it’s the only way to compete when building - trust me!

 

How did you get the switch footage onto YouTube?

 

Im guessing he has a capture card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, grindmouse said:

Epic are going to make some serious bank with this World Cup skin.

 

 

Unlike the olympics skin, you get all the teams shown and can change player number by just buying either a male or female skin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

@Shimmyhill That’s Xbox footage. No capture card I’m afraid. On Switch you only get 30s and have to go through the rigmarole of uploading to twitter and then download that and reupload to YT. 

 

Given Nintendo's paranoia about social interaction for children, I am amazed that they try to funnel those kids into the cesspit of Twitter to be able to share videos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bignige said:

Unlike the olympics skin, you get all the teams shown and can change player number by just buying either a male or female skin. 

 

Bear in mind that the strips are different designs on the different characters, if you're thinking of getting one. Try all before you buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Am I right in thinking each Season is about 2 months long? Says there’s only 24 days left on the current one so I thought there’s no point in buying it right now. 

 

And is it worth doing any region shenanigans to get it a bit cheaper?

 

Depends. If you had been playing it for several weeks, when you buy a battle pass you get everything for the weeks you have been "leveling up". So you might get Vbucks, new items etc.

 

For example i had been playing S3 since the start. I didn't bother buying a battle pass till week 7. When i bought it i got 500 vbucks straight away for all the weeks i had been playing plus some customs and whatever else. If you literally just started playing it, 3 weeks might not really sound worth it unless you are seriously going to hardcore it till then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cant bring myself to play this on xbox or ps4, but it fits the bill perfectly on the switch. Something about the nature of the game that makes it easier to deal with next to mario and splatoon etc.

 

And I hadnt played it since October when it first launched - a lot of welcome changes since then to the front-end and of course all the battle pass stuff which I dont care about.

 

Im not building anything though, fuck that shit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

@Shimmyhill That’s Xbox footage. No capture card I’m afraid. On Switch you only get 30s and have to go through the rigmarole of uploading to twitter and then download that and reupload to YT. 

 

Or just copy it off the card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought 50 Brazilian Reals of credit on the Xbox store for a tenner. 19 Reals for 1000 V bucks, so about 4 quid. 

 

Unfortunately, they didn’t magically appear on my Switch, some I’m guessing I need to log into my Xbox to get them. Does that sound right?

 

 

£4 seems ok for a battlepass even if it’s just for a month or so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife’s nephew had a go today (the kids only have a Wii U but everyone in school is constantly talking about it).

 

Despite never having played it he was asking me if I had bought the battle pass, what premium skins I have, etc. It’s actually kinda scary that this is the new norm. 

 

Word on the street is people fear you if you have certain skins. How come I don’t get this kind of advice on here? I’m looking at you, shimmy. 

 

 

 

Anyway, I really like that you can do well with no kills. He made it to 4th on his first go and he keep asking me what the controls were and was quite distracted by the football. :lol: I was expecting him to just get wrecked and be deflated by the whole experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whats the minimum age this is considered suitable for?

Also: played a couple of games to see what all the fuss was about. Seems fun.any tips for a noob? I'm crap at competitive shooters and everyone just kept getting the drop on me. Are there some good strategies to stop this happening?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not much more experienced than yourself but I’ve found moving with a cliff or building to one side of you massively helps as it reduces the number of directions you can be shot from - less to keep an eye on. 

 

Also sticking to the edge of the storm circle can be useful. You usually have plenty of time to get into the circle when it starts shrinking and having the storm relatively close to your back, again, limits the directions people can come at you from. 

 

And get into the habit of chucking up a wall when you’re being shot at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

My wife’s nephew had a go today (the kids only have a Wii U but everyone in school is constantly talking about it).

 

Despite never having played it he was asking me if I had bought the battle pass, what premium skins I have, etc. It’s actually kinda scary that this is the new norm. 

 

Word on the street is people fear you if you have certain skins. How come I don’t get this kind of advice on here? I’m looking at you, shimmy. 

 

 

 

Anyway, I really like that you can do well with no kills. He made it to 4th on his first go and he keep asking me what the controls were and was quite distracted by the football. :lol: I was expecting him to just get wrecked and be deflated by the whole experience. 

 

Im not giving all my advantages away! 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, this had me at hype max. They got the drop on me and I just kept building until I could make a little fort to heal up. Seeing them drop the gold was even better. 

 

 

 

Could someone please tell me how to fast delete one of my walls though, please? I feel like knocking it down isn’t the most efficient way to do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Pistol changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - CH3S3 We vibin’ boys

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.