Fortnite: Battle Royale - Ch2 Season 5 (15th March 2021)

Cheers for the games Pistol sorry about just leaving the Xbox decided to kick me out of the game for some reason. 

I proper lolled when i ran out of ammo and then broke through the wall into that petrol can, if you want a sum up of what my life is like that is a good example right there. 

I'm currently working my way down the list of the characters hidden on the map, some of these guys are really great and i haven't seen them before like the life sized David The Gnome. 

First match, yes.

1 hour ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Cheers for the games Pistol sorry about just leaving the Xbox decided to kick me out of the game for some reason. 

I proper lolled when i ran out of ammo and then broke through the wall into that petrol can, if you want a sum up of what my life is like that is a good example right there. 

I'm currently working my way down the list of the characters hidden on the map, some of these guys are really great and i haven't seen them before like the life sized David The Gnome. 

I love moments like that :D

Wondered what had happened, saw the hole in the wall and the fire everywhere, put two and two together :lol:

14 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Tell you what that Dragon's Breath shotgun is fucking great for setting fire to those Jin-Roh Soldiers that like to pop up from their gazebos.

I did more damage to me team mate setting them on fire than I did hitting an opponent with it :lol:

I'm not sure but their logo is all over the map.

All headhunters' area seems to have the same iconography. 

Who knows Fortnite does love their random lore like the whole Gnomes VS Teddy Bears which led to Terminator Gnome coming from the future etc. 

The LAst Laugh bundle physical release (code on a card)

CDKeys have it for 17.99 saying its the PS5 version - it is just a code. So If i buy it can I put the code in the Sony PSNetwork browser shop? Will it then just redeem in fortnite and I'll have it on my Xbox? (I do have a ps4 but not sure I can redeem ps5 code on there)

ORRRR can I buy the PS4 code (19.99) and redeem it on my ps4 then use the skins etc on my Xbox Fornite where I actually play.

5 minutes ago, Clipper said:

The LAst Laugh bundle physical release (code on a card)

CDKeys have it for 17.99 saying its the PS5 version - it is just a code. So If i buy it can I put the code in the Sony PSNetwork browser shop? Will it then just redeem in fortnite and I'll have it on my Xbox? (I do have a ps4 but not sure I can redeem ps5 code on there)

ORRRR can I buy the PS4 code (19.99) and redeem it on my ps4 then use the skins etc on my Xbox Fornite where I actually play.

I bought the PS5 version from CD Keys it redeemed fine.

Edit -- Wait i didnt read that you play on Xbox, you have to load the game after redeeming on the PS5.

do I have to load the game on the PS5 for it to "register" or can I load it on PS4 and get same effect

Otherwise I can buy the PS4 code redeem it and load it on PS4 to "register" it

but I mostly play on Xbox so is it crossplatform if I do that :D

usually bought skins are but never done it with physical codes before!

On 13/12/2020 at 11:46, Mike1812 said:

Is that Cyberpunk? :lol:

I feel like the texture pop in its getting worse and worse in Fortnite. 

Last season on series x was incredible with pop in hard to see, it’s way worse this season but not as bad as it has been on PS4 at times and Switch.... it’s holding very solid frame rate and once landed the pop in seems to go.

It’s quite possible, if you haven’t played in quite a while.

I think new accounts play against bots until they reach level 10, when human players start being added into the mix.

You can tell if you’re fighting bots, they only ever build single pieces, look in random directions suddenly, can’t aim for shit (or can suddenly headshot you with laser accuracy once in a while), fights between them last forever etc.

I am assuming there aren't bots in team rumble? but are there duos and squads of bots in those modes?

Beginning of season (last 3 seasons that i have been playing) I always find it tough to even get a kill but a little while in I get back into it - I assume the matchmaking is reset each season and then evens out? Also when bots were first added it apparently made the season start easier as lots of people say they got full bot lobbies.

I do see bots in matches and they are fairly obvious and I am sure I have had full bot lobbies as I am not a very good fortnite player as I just hate and refuse to get involved in building.

It sounds daft but I still enjoy it without that major mechanic. I like it as a shooter and I do enjoy the challenge of coming up against builders - watching them rapidly building structures after I hit them with one round and watching to see where they poke their head out for me to shoot at :D I am under no illusions though, a good builder will beat me 100% of the time as they have that advantage. But a poor one or average one is more an even match. I also tend to use what I have around me so instead of building ramps upto 2nd floors of houses and smashing them open which you can spot from a mile away I use doors and shut them behind me, crouch walk and listen and shoot them as they come round the corner. So usually I can see builder players from miles away as they tend to litter the landscape with structures to get straight line speed.

Anyway not sure why I wrote all that. This season is ok , better than the marvel-a-thon last season (snore), not sure I like the bounty stuff b ut the map has had a decent shakeup which has forced me to change my playstyle as my landing spot is now a bit busy :D

EDIT - I should say busier as the place I land used to almost never have anyone there beyond the odd bot now it has a player landing there around 1 time in 4 - that is too many for me :D. I vastly prefer a nice quiet landing where there are a couple of chest and ammo boxes and a nice fishing spot - get some gear together then go see what I can find in the busier areas by carefully hanging around the outside and sneaking in :)

No bots in rumble, solo is skill based match making so you will get bot lobbies and as you get better less and less bots. Duos and Squads aren’t skill based match making and bots just to make up numbers.

It defi doesn’t reset the skill based stuff every season only if you have a decent hiatus... it’s taken me a while to pick up a couple of solo wins this season albeit I haven’t played much due to life... some of the people I seem to end up playing against are ridiculous and I’m nowhere near their ability so annoying to play them but great if you beat them!

Still I love this game and playing in duos with my buddy is about as good as it gets.

Interesting one to ponder on bounties - I assume a bot wouldnt take out a bounty but if I take out a bounty I assum it could be a bot.

So if someone takes a bounty out on you then you at least have some humans in your match :D

I don't really mind the bots to be honest. It can make you question your solo VRs but I know when they are players so I know which of my (very few) solo VRs were in full bot lobbies :D

If I was bothered about it being other people always then I'd play in a squad or duo for the online experience as it were.

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - Ch2 Season 5 (15th March 2021)