Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 - Kevin is back

gospvg

Very nice! Sniped just before he could use that launchpad!

I find the rail gun very difficult to actually hit people with. It is great for rinsing UFOs, and pressuring builds mind.

I think that was the fourth rail gun kill in that match! I spent most of the game dicking around in a UFO and somehow managed to drop my pulse rifle, which I replaced with a gold hand gun. Got one kill with that, the rest was all rail gun. 

Updated the thread title and opening post.

I had a weird glitch where I was walking around like a lightbulb!

Those new challenges were a pain in the ass.

Don't think I'm going to bother with the palette swaps unless the new game modes are more fun to play compared to the GCSE level experience Bio Trios was. 

Some new challenges will require a plane so be interesting to see what that brings. 

Anyone been abducted by the new UFOs yet?

One had a shot at me last night, but I managed to just keep running while it tried to take me with the tractor beam. 

Yeah I got abducted, put me into some weird bouncy mini game where I had absolutely no idea what was going on, rewarded me with a room full of crappy loot, then dumped me miles away.

21 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

So as we found out in the following game, if you're in voice chat it even changes your voice. 

That spooked the fuck out of us yesterday, I was thinking my mates headset was broken 😂

Had the weirdest win today, was trying to do the 'collect cat food' quest, which I did at Dirty Docks, only just surviving, after being abducted, with assistance from a UFO to get me out of the storm. Anyway, when it got to the last 10ish, I realised I needed to put something in the oven so I hid in a bush for a few minutes. When I came back it was me and one other left, I took him out for the most casual victory ever. I love this game 🤣

Just got my first Victory Royale! I didn’t even realise we were last 2 - i blindsided someone who was trying to snipe from a hillside. Got a bit excited and forgot to do a victory emote or how to take a screenshot on my Switch so I had to scrabble around for my iPad 🤣

I was playing on the Series X last night and I think I got to 8 kills, one was taking on two other players at once. I think my mid-range shooting game with AR’s is doing well, I need to get a handle on building now. 

I’m really starting to see why this game is as popular as it is. 

207578FF-D4F2-4A35-ADA2-76AD3A934B49.jpeg

6 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

My son’s brand new to this, as am I, what’s the best way to get him some vbucks in physical form  (on the switch)?  Say 15 quids worth? 

I don’t think you can buy vbucks physically as a gift card kinda thing but I think I read they are coming. You could buy Nintendo estore card? There is a vbuck bundle for £15.99 for 2800. I’d buy him the battlepass as it’s not Long started and loads of stuff to unlock easily. Actual skins are quite expensive and addictive to the kids 

1 hour ago, fattakin said:

I don’t think you can buy vbucks physically as a gift card kinda thing but I think I read they are coming. You could buy Nintendo estore card? There is a vbuck bundle for £15.99 for 2800. I’d buy him the battlepass as it’s not Long started and loads of stuff to unlock easily. Actual skins are quite expensive and addictive to the kids 

Ok so just a regular e-card and then buy the battle pass within the game using that credit right?  Jeez I feel a right grandad asking this…

8 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

Ok so just a regular e-card and then buy the battle pass within the game using that credit right?  Jeez I feel a right grandad asking this…

Go back through the thread as I'm sure there was another way of doing this. 

If it's going to be a regular thing I'd Google Fortnite crew. 

7 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

Go back through the thread as I'm sure there was another way of doing this. 

If it's going to be a regular thing I'd Google Fortnite crew. 

I have tried to look but it’s a birthday present and I’m kinda out of time. 
Looked at game just now can see you can purchase vbucks but don’t wanna pull trigger and actually get them so can’t see if it will then go to the eshop or whatever. 
Basically will an e-shop voucher let him buy vbucks?

51 minutes ago, Dr Nookie said:

I have tried to look but it’s a birthday present and I’m kinda out of time. 
Looked at game just now can see you can purchase vbucks but don’t wanna pull trigger and actually get them so can’t see if it will then go to the eshop or whatever. 
Basically will an e-shop voucher let him buy vbucks?

I would assume so (don't take for granted) as I'm sure when I've had Xbox credit for my birthday on my account, and then made a purchase it takes that before charging your assigned payment method. 

That's me into the triple digits now!

Sitting at 106, and I'm not sure how much effort I'll be putting in for the "rewards" as that is some serious grind for battle stars for very little return.

I'll still do the weeklies, and I'll be back for Superman, but I think the daily playing is done for this season. It was a brave choice for them to be showing what the seasons hidden skin was from the Season Trailer, I suppose it gets people ready for the exciting or disappointment depending on the way you sit on the fence. 

The summer events were boring as fuck this time round too, I did a few, but fuck trying to get headshots in that trios mode when everyone just quits.

Although I do find it amusing flying over to the battleship and then sitting in a plane and gunning down all the idiots running through the main hatch.

I reached level 60 so my battlepass is paid for now :) This season seems much easier, I am not a great player at all, can't build, depend on my old Q3 and Counterstrike twitch shooter skills but I have managed 7 solo wins already (I only really play solo at the mo as my son has wandered off to obsess over another game for now :D )

More bots around this season has anyone noticed? I don't think I've spotted more bots. I do tend to keep a saucer handy so if I meet a builder I can easily destroy their builds (even had a win from the seat of a saucer :D )

No no it's all about FIRE!

A firefly jar has been my go to for builders since it came out, nothing more satisfying than getting a win from a fall from the Ivory Tower or a personal fave winning walking backwards why they burn to death from the flames at their feet from chasing you!

I'm not sure about bots, I've seen a couple of obvious ones especially while doing quests, on duos the other day we had a guy trying to revive his teammate through a brick wall. 

Then on Sunday I was going out with the other half and thought I'd give someone the kill rather than exit the match and of my god it was either the worst bot ever or a poor kid that couldnt line up the shotgun to my face!

In the end I crouched and walked up to the mouth of his tactical it was fucking sooooo painful to watch. 

fire takes a bit too long on builds I find but I do love a firefly jar in weeping , see someone enter a house, set it on fire.... wait :)

the saucer is so satisfying when you get it spot on - fire a shot leading them to catch them then when they bounce and take damage react/predict quickly their landing point and fire again rinse and repeat til they are dead :D

I find myself getting a lot more kills recently, think it's probably just because I'm more confident about fighting. I used to avoid combat as much as possible but now I just get stuck in. Another win today and cleared most of the challenges. Can't be arsed with those summer ones though. 

I’m similar - I tend to drop in with one of the quests or challenges in mind, then I get tooled up and go looking for a fight. I’ve started building too a little bit, mostly just a couple of vertical walls for cover, but its quite striking the difference it makes. Some other players see a wall go up and just leg it away!

15 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

Can't be arsed with those summer ones though. 

If you have another device that can run Fortnite - a switch, an android phone or tablet for example - you can set up an alt account on that, then use the creative island codes for the featured maps to do those challenges in private games, just killing your alt account over and over.

I still can’t be arsed to do them either, mind! I’d rather use my gaming time to have fun.

It’s a good feeling when you realise you’re running towards fights more often than from them!

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S8 - Kevin is back