Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S6 Primal - Go Wild!

As a squad we got our first full on troll win today, final circle and us against another team - finished them down to us against one who we knew was in a building so just built him/her into such a maze we got to stand outside and dance the night away while the storm did it’s work :lol:

10 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Played a few rounds of this but not sure I like it, the elimination makes me feel anxious. Managed to come first by just hiding near the edge of the circle each time and then eliminating the final opponent with a rocket launcher at point blank range, not very sporting. It would be better if you respawn I think like a normal multiplayer FPS.

There are loads of much better normal FPS games, the last one standing is the point of this game!

Congrats on the win, many people will be most annoyed at your win give. Your view on the game mechanics ;) 

Epic have released some details on the next Battle Pass: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/welcome-to-season-3-battle-pass-breakdown

So, space themed; and the Battle Bundle sounds interesting, though not sure yet if it's really for me. My plan was to continue to support them by getting battle passes, but not throwing cash at it. I bought the current battle pass about half way through it, knowing full well I wouldn't be able to complete it, but planned on having a better stab at the next one. Just buying the minimum amount of vbucks for the next pass would've effectively cost me £3 (due a £5 Xbox credit voucher from bing rewards), and with the vbucks I have from this battle pass and ones earned from the next I'd probably have enough for a basic skin before long. I guess it depends how the season 3 tier rewards take my fancy, really; if they're to my liking, I might drop £20 on enough vbucks to buy the battle bundle, stand a chance of getting most of the way through it, and still have enough left for a decent skin.

I have a terrible problem with this game: I just cannot tell which direction shots are coming from! There's just something wrong with my brain, I think. If I get shot from the left, to me it looks like the shots are coming from the right, I aim that way and get shot in the back. It's weird.

I have that problem too.  I swear the little graphic that's supposed to say which way you got shot from lies.  Or maybe it's just not supposed to show which way you got shot from...?

Few more games tonight, and yet more deaths thanks to switching to building mode, throwing up a wall or two, and then switching to the damn pickaxe instead of back to a gun.  This just sends me flailing as I randomly press buttons just trying to get a bloody gun out, and usually end up aggressively drinking a mini-shield at the bad guy instead.  Dead.

@Chu Chu Chris Friend request sent...

10 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Patch is out. Top tier of the new battle pass gives you a John Wick skin, complete with a pencil pickaxe!!!

W00t! Any chance someone can post the tier rewards? Trying to decide whether to plump for the battle bundle, a 30 tier head start would give me a much better chance of actually completing it!

Don’t think anyone's done a full breakdown yet. These are the new skins.

DWopyseVoAAl-Kv?format=jpg

From memory (played it for about 30 mins before they turned off the servers) the other big additions are the John Wick pickaxe (like a gun with a pencil in the end of it), a pickaxe that looks like the robot arm on a spacesuit, various contrails (rainbow, flames, bubbles), a rainbow and unicorn themed glider and the chicken dance from Arrested Development.

There's also a load of junk stuff like emoticons and now loading screens.

20 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

60 FPS is lush, pro is getting bought asap!

Quite a big graphical upgrade and 60 FPS in the release, mental how much work they put in between patches :) 

The graphical leap in clarity of the map from up high when you're in the bus is quite something.

15 minutes ago, Kirby said:

The Switch CPU is too slow for open-world games, especially one with the player count of Fortnite. It even struggled with Rocket League and Nintendo had to downgrade the tick-rate of Splatoon 2 compared to the original Wii U title.

They changed the game logic recently so the local device (console or PC) isn't processing the entire game world at once, only what is visible. This greatly improved performance on consoles and I suspect what paved the way for this 60fps mode (it did lead to visible pop in of objects though, but I suppose you have to make some sacrifices). The rest of that stuff stays on the server where it belongs.

So while I agree Fortnite Switch is probably a pipe dream, never say never!

56 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It would be amazing if this came out for Switch. It'd be a great fit for the console I think, especially in attracting younger players who all seem to love Fortnite.

My son and all his mates play this everyday on the Xbox, his Switch is gathering dust. Nintendo need to get on it...but without voice chat is there any point?

1 minute ago, tobert said:

Sorry for the noob question but is there a way to see what level of rarity weapon an opponent is packing? It would be good to know if I have a chance before engaging

The only way to tell is that the items will occasionally look different the rarer they become.  And common items look fairly plain.  So you just kind of have to see what they're holding at the time.  Since there are no advantages when it comes to drops, it's fair game.. just gotta hope for good loot.

Nope. Only if you win do you get to pick over their loot and see what they had. Even if they beat you and you spectate them, you can't see their gear unless they swap weapons for something better or get taken out themselves.

Found a video of the tire rewards: 

2 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

60 FPS is lush, pro is getting bought asap!

Quite a big graphical upgrade and 60 FPS in the release, mental how much work they put in between patches :) 

It's 60 fps in the base models too, no need to get a pro.

22 minutes ago, Purin said:

It's 60 fps in the base models too, no need to get a pro.

Ohh yeah I know that but it scales the res loads on base, pre patch the game was 60ish FPS on pro so I want best draw distance etc with 60fps - I was always going to get a pro just needed a game to force my hand!

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2 S6 - New season starts today
  • gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S6 Primal - Go Wild!