Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S6 Primal - Go Wild!

I bought a new telly this week, (Q95) and the Fortnite 120fps mode is absolutely gorgeous. To add to that, I'm still utterly awful at this game, but have been spending lots of time playing with my brother online and with my 10 year old daughter who is much, much better than I am at it.

3 hours ago, marc2j said:

I bought a new telly this week, (Q95) and the Fortnite 120fps mode is absolutely gorgeous. To add to that, I'm still utterly awful at this game, but have been spending lots of time playing with my brother online and with my 10 year old daughter who is much, much better than I am at it.

I'm the same, my young daughter is amazing at this game whilst I suck!

I’ve not played this, but my 11 year old daughter has started playing with her mates. 

We’ve gone from her saying, “Daddy I’ve sent you a cool hat in Animal Crossing”, to me overhearing her saying, “shall I use the bolt-action sniper rifle or the tactical shotgun?”

<Starts humming Cats in the Cradle>

If anyone’s getting the Terminator skins, turns out there’s a glitch to get them a bit cheaper. The bundle costs 2,800; but if you buy the T-800 skin on its own for 1,500 then the bundle price gets reduced to 1,000 making a total of 2,500!

Bit of a pain for those like me who jumped on the bundle straight away, could’ve saved myself 300 vbucks!

15 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I was robbed. Fall damage killed me but no way was I high enough to do 90 damage :quote:

lol I thought you got sniped and was waiting for the replay

My daughter got me back into playing this yesterday, how many weeks do we have left?

Wondering if it is worthwhile getting the battlepass. I've made it to level 19 so far.

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

My daughter got me back into playing this yesterday, how many weeks do we have left?

Wondering if it is worthwhile getting the battlepass. I've made it to level 19 so far.

We’re about half way through the season. If you wanted to complete the Battle Pass you’d have to put a bit of a shift in; I reckon it’s doable, though. I’m level 95 now, I just try to stay on top of the challenges.

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

We’re about half way through the season. If you wanted to complete the Battle Pass you’d have to put a bit of a shift in; I reckon it’s doable, though. I’m level 95 now, I just try to stay on top of the challenges.

Thanks, I'll stick with the free pass for now and keep playing will see what level I end up in a few weeks if worthwhile in terms of v-bucks I will get the pass for the rewards.

Progress update, I got to level 28 yesterday whilst spending most of my time doing the eat fish challenge, got a long way to go to catch my daughter who is level 76. I also managed to get my first solo Victory Royale of the Season, we managed a few duo victory royale but I've been crawling around the floor bleeding out :lol: whilst my daughter gets the final kill.

I managed to get another solo victory yesterday evening. Edited highlights below. Level 36 now, not bad for a few days enjoyment.

8 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

I'm only a minute into the video but my first tip to you is to crouch when you shoot.

Is that better? Watching the playback, I can't believe I walked straight pass a loot drop!

30 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Is that better? Watching the playback, I can't believe I walked straight pass a loot drop!

Basically it helps in a few ways.

You make less noise, this is especially helpful if you are using the visual audio option which everyone does these days. 

At mid-long range it helps your aim loads giving you some better hits and less of those shooting around the enemy.

You're also a smaller target for them, making it hard for them to hit you. 

There are loads of cons such as you being slow etc, but you can work it out as you go along. 

46 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Basically it helps in a few ways.

You make less noise, this is especially helpful if you are using the visual audio option which everyone does these days. 

At mid-long range it helps your aim loads giving you some better hits and less of those shooting around the enemy.

You're also a smaller target for them, making it hard for them to hit you. 

There are loads of cons such as you being slow etc, but you can work it out as you go along. 

Thanks for those tips, I've not played for a period of time since the first season, my daughter has definetly got me hooked back into playing. New quests today at 2pm, I completed the Eat Fish challenge pretty easily in Trios.

10 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Thanks for those tips, I've not played for a period of time since the first season, my daughter has definetly got me hooked back into playing. New quests today at 2pm, I completed the Eat Fish challenge pretty easily in Trios.

More than happy for you guys to join us if you want too. I don't have a mic but do on occasion use Discord for co-ordination. 

Can't wait for the challenges as I'm out now, and I'm still working myself up to level 150 and getting all the palette swaps for the main battle pass characters. 

2 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

When does the new Battlepass/crew Bundle kick in? Feb 1st?

Feb 1st for the new Crew Drift skin.

As for the new Battlepass it's Mid-March looking at the current one I believe...

No the coins stay until you collect them, just a fresh batch is added each week.

If you’re trying to collect them all, I recommend getting a map image showing them all for each week (plenty available on reddit) and marking them off as you get them.

I haven’t been doing that this season as I’m going to hit level 100 easily without them, and I’m not that taken with the crystal styles for the battle pass skins. Can’t be bothered to grind for them.

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

No the coins stay until you collect them, just a fresh batch is added each week.

If you’re trying to collect them all, I recommend getting a map image showing them all for each week (plenty available on reddit) and marking them off as you get them.

I haven’t been doing that this season as I’m going to hit level 100 easily without them, and I’m not that taken with the crystal styles for the battle pass skins. Can’t be bothered to grind for them.

I'm not too bothered for the skins, good to know the XP coins are a fresh batch each week. I'd like to get to level 76 and then I can break even on a battle pass purchase which is this week is anything to go by should be easy to acheive considering the current season does not end until Mid-March. Past level 100 is it only just skins nothing else useful?

• gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2 S6 - New season starts today
  • gospvg changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale - C2:S6 Primal - Go Wild!