IGNORED

League improvement ideas - changes to be made added (post #52)

SaintM

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a clarification on this one for me. Occasionally I use a formation that was the default Barcelona formation in Fifa11 which is a slightly modified 4-3-3 (so not in the normal formation selection). Will this now be classed as a custom tactic?

This is making the picks all the more interesting, I think. Now there is the added factor in finding a team whose default formation maybe suits your style of play. So now a teams formation could dictate them being picked above another (arguably better) team with a bog standard 'everyone can use' 4-4-2 or something.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm sure you'll be able to find a team somwhere, that is in the ballpark of the teams that will be available to you, with a similar formation that you're used to. And you can always tweak with tactics remember.

I don't know if there is a sure fire way of telling if someone is using a slightly altered formation or not.

There is, thankfully :).

How to tell if someone is using a custom formation:

- Pause the game, go to 'player ratings' and as Steely says it'll either say "4-3-3 (2)", "4-2-1-2", etc if it's a default formation.

If it's a custom formation it'll say "Custom formation 2", etc.

Saint what'll happen if someone is found to use a custom formation? Be good to get something in place for if it happens.

Saint what'll happen if someone is found to use a custom formation? Be good to get something in place for if it happens.

They'll be tied up in Saint's garden and all members of the Football League will take turns placing their scrotums over the bridge of the cheater's nose, so that each testicle nestles cozily in each eye socket.

I don't see why tracking who is using a knobhead formation is such an issue. Modding teams is banned, shit formations are banned. It doesn't need to be policed and anyone who does it is a dick.

Humans are bred for cheating sadly. Even if the prize is a 1p jelly a cheater may be lurking. Trust no one!

They'll be tied up in Saint's garden and all members of the Football League will take turns placing their scrotums over the bridge of the cheater's nose, so that each testicle nestles cozily in each eye socket.

:lol:

Pants for FIFA President!

To be honest I was all ready to call it a day at the end of the season but these changes look decent and enough to renew my enthusiasm. Now I just need to learn how to play the game.

I would maybe think about banning each team's default formations as they could give big advantages.

Why, when the polll shows that banning custom formations and tactics is th emost popular choice, and that banning custom formations but allowing custom tactics is the 3rd most popular choice, is the latter chosen as policy?

To be honest I was all ready to call it a day at the end of the season but these changes look decent and enough to renew my enthusiasm. Now I just need to learn how to play the game.

I would maybe think about banning each team's default formations as they could give big advantages.

I dunno, I think, as someone else said, it just means at team picking time it will be more important to find one that has all the elements you are after including formation.