League improvement ideas - changes to be made added (post #52)

SaintM

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pro Evo back in the day, plug and play styley, much more fun than what FIFA has become.

It's too focused on tactics, strategy and formation and not enough on just playing the game for fun and scoring goals. Been like that a while now, and it's dull.

SNAP.

It's 7 mins as that was the most popular choice when the league started back in the day.

Its perfect.

Example, last night I was playing Br00n in my league.

Fair do's I was winning 1-2 away. Had the match been shorter then yes I might have got 3 points.

But thats not the thing.

The thing is, that because of the 7 mins there was time for Br00n to claw back a 2-2 Draw.

Which is perfect! and very similar to a real match. No?

Conversley, It could have been me that was trailing and leveled to 2-2.

7 MINS IZ GUD.

Its perfect.

Example, last night I was playing Br00n in my league.

Fair do's I was winning 1-2 away. Had the match been shorter then yes I might have got 3 points.

But thats not the thing.

The thing is, that because of the 7 mins there was time for Br00n to claw back a 2-2 Draw.

Which is perfect! and very similar to a real match. No?

Conversley, It could have been me that was trailing and leveled to 2-2.

7 MINS IZ GUD.

29ux16d.gif

6mins

Ban custom formations, but allow custom tactics

Just right!

Perhaps some kind of player auction? Maybe two/three rounds of sealed bids on nominated players then a final open auction to fill up the teams. Would have to be limited to divisions though, far too much admin otherwise.

I've been knocking this idea round my head a bit and I think it would be top fun.

Everyone starts with £50m and a club made up in the Creation Centre (SaintM's Handsome Men with a kit very similar to Southampton's for example). Naturally, you'd want to have an auction per division to keep it manageable.

Round 1:

You submit a nomination list of 10 players. Your top 3 are put into the auction thread with an opening £1m bid on them. 10 are submitted in case of duplicates - ala the team list in the current set-up.

Everyone submits a sealed bid on players they wish to bid on to that division's admin. You may bid on as many players as you wish. Round 1 runs for say, 24 hours.

The top bidder on each player wins him.

Round 2:

Exactly the same as above.

Round 3:

An open auction in the thread. Nominations are now free, for those who have spunked all their money. This runs two days. At the end, any spaces left in your starting 11 are filled by random Australian League players.

Your team can be assembled in the creation centre or in the edit teams menu.

There's a whole different bunch of ways you can go with this. But if you wanted seeding, you cold have the Conference capped at players rated 80 or below, League 2 rated 82 or below, etc. Or you could reverse it with Prem capped at 80 rated or below.

Perhaps in round three there could be a random selection of players to fill gaps. Perhaps we could have a transfer system post auction. There's a whole bunch of ways of dealing with people going over their budgets, from penalties to simply rejecting all wining bids that push them over budget.

Perhaps it would be too much to manage for four divisions of 1v1 play. It would certainly need one admin per division. Perhaps it's too much of a drastic change from a system that clearly works well enough to attract 60 Fifa players. I'd love to give it a go at some point though - even away from the 1v1 league.

I've been knocking this idea round my head a bit and I think it would be top fun.

Everyone starts with £50m and a club made up in the Creation Centre (SaintM's Handsome Men with a kit very similar to Southampton's for example). Naturally, you'd want to have an auction per division to keep it manageable.

Round 1:

You submit a nomination list of 10 players. Your top 3 are put into the auction thread with an opening £1m bid on them. 10 are submitted in case of duplicates - ala the team list in the current set-up.

Everyone submits a sealed bid on players they wish to bid on to that division's admin. You may bid on as many players as you wish. Round 1 runs for say, 24 hours.

The top bidder on each player wins him.

Round 2:

Exactly the same as above.

Round 3:

An open auction in the thread. Nominations are now free, for those who have spunked all their money. This runs two days. At the end, any spaces left in your starting 11 are filled by random Australian League players.

Your team can be assembled in the creation centre or in the edit teams menu.

There's a whole different bunch of ways you can go with this. But if you wanted seeding, you cold have the Conference capped at players rated 80 or below, League 2 rated 82 or below, etc. Or you could reverse it with Prem capped at 80 rated or below.

Perhaps in round three there could be a random selection of players to fill gaps. Perhaps we could have a transfer system post auction. There's a whole bunch of ways of dealing with people going over their budgets, from penalties to simply rejecting all wining bids that push them over budget.

Perhaps it would be too much to manage for four divisions of 1v1 play. It would certainly need one admin per division. Perhaps it's too much of a drastic change from a system that clearly works well enough to attract 60 Fifa players. I'd love to give it a go at some point though - even away from the 1v1 league.

wow lost me in round one

The transfer leagues are fin but to have it as part of the league would complicate things IMO, personally I like to pick a team and go

Agreed. Much better to submit a list of teams you'd like... get one... and play your games.. or in the case of the Premiership this season - Play your games then get the results chalked off due to someone leaving.

I know I'm not in the league anymore, but what about a season where you rotate teams each set of fixtures? E.g. Everyone picks their team as per usual, then these 12 teams are used for the season. It would be randomised so each set of fixtures you would get to play as a different team, working your way through each one through the season. Could mix things up.

I know I'm not in the league anymore, but what about a season where you rotate teams each set of fixtures? E.g. Everyone picks their team as per usual, then these 12 teams are used for the season. It would be randomised so each set of fixtures you would get to play as a different team, working your way through each one through the season. Could mix things up.

Or, in a slight variation on that, everyone picks their team as normal, but in each set of fixtures you play as your chosen team in one match and your opponents team in the other. So effectively you will play with your chosen team in 50% of your matches, and each of the other teams in your league once for the remaining 50%. That sort of goes some way to balancing out the advantage gained by people with early picks, forces a degree of variety whilst not completely diminishing the importance of team choice, and generally rewards people who can play with a variety of different teams.

I don't like it at all. I want a single team I can play with, not have to put up with other people's picks.

On the other hand, I like the idea of being able to pick (by way of a random example) Ipswich, and then watching every other fucker in my league having to suffer playing as them. :)

I don't seriously think it's a viable idea for the main league, but it might be quite interesting in its own right if we do another 'between seasons' league.

I must admit, I'm in the camp of;

Pick a team.

No custom formations/tactics etc.

Just plug in and play.

Job done.

Me too although the last time I played a football game without a sweeper (not 5 at the back - RB/LB/CB/SW) was in my first Rllmuk season back in S13 so I suspect I may take a little time to adjust to a flat back 4 :o

Thanks for all your input/suggestions on how we can change things for the better.

The admin team have had a look at them and the following will be in place for next season:

Custom formations are banned

The only acceptable formations will be the default used by your team, or one of the shipped pre-built formations in the game. Custom tactics are still permitted.

League size reduced to 10 teams

Moving to 10 teams per league will reduce the overall length of a season by 2 weeks as well as potentially reducing the disparity between top and bottom.

All cup competitions to be straight knock-outs

This will reduce the overall number of games people have to play, as well allowing for people who don't want to be in the cups to opt out without causing a lot disruption for other teams. I intend to do a live draw in the chatroom for the first rounds.

Team selection league order reversed

The lowest league will pick first, moving upwards until the final league to pick is the Premiership. The picking process within each league will remain as the current season. This should help mix up the premiership team picks as well as giving the lower league teams a bit of a leg-up in the cup.

Custom formations are banned

The only acceptable formations will be the default used by your team, or one of the shipped pre-built formations in the game. Custom tactics are still permitted.

Just a clarification on this one for me. Occasionally I use a formation that was the default Barcelona formation in Fifa11 which is a slightly modified 4-3-3 (so not in the normal formation selection). Will this now be classed as a custom tactic?

Just a clarification on this one for me. Occasionally I use a formation that was the default Barcelona formation in Fifa11 which is a slightly modified 4-3-3 (so not in the normal formation selection). Will this now be classed as a custom tactic?

If its not the standard formation assigned to your team or on the list of pre-built formations then yes, it's a custom formation and therefore banned.