rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Moz

South Park: The stick of truth

Just finished it. Glorious. It's incredible how much content and fan service they crammed into such a relatively long period. I clocked out at somewhere just shy of 14 hours.

I choose to side with

cartman but does it really alter the game much?

It had zero impact outside of that one dungeon.

I really need to start using the summons more often. So far I've only used one once which was Mr Slave vs the crackheads in Kenny's garage. It was rather amusing.

Is there anything of interest when you wander into the woods or is it just a silly infinite loop, fighting some dogs?

I really need to start using the summons more often. So far I've only used one once which was Mr Slave vs the crackheads in Kenny's garage. It was rather amusing.

Is there anything of interest when you wander into the woods or is it just a silly infinite loop, fighting some dogs?

I came across a map somewhere that seemed like it was directions for how to get to the blood orgy critters, but ive totally forgotten where i saw it now :facepalm:

If you're familiar with the show think of an iconic episode to do with the woods, and the character most associated with it. There's an environmental clue at his house.

Edit: what he said.

It's also the way to Canada. The directions are what you would expect, but you need a passport to get past the border guard, which you get through progressing in the main quest.

What is the rule with how often you can use summons? I used Mr Slave on Day 1 thinking he'd be available again Day 2, but he wasn't selectable. We did, however, bring in

Jesus against the Nazi Zombie Cows and he utterly obliterated them.

You can use each summon once a day, but you have to talk to them each day first. Daft. I ended up using each only once the entire game, seeing as it was generally so easy and they can't be used against bosses.

Yeah, it's nonsensical you have to go back to talk to them each day. I used them as I enjoyed all their animations (Mr Hankey's especially) but mostly unnecessary as only the boss battles offer any kind of challenge. I loved it in general and it's easily one of the funniest games I've ever played but there's so many design choices (especially in the Inventory) that just seem daft.

Learning fart stuff was really stupid - also considering it was entirely different to the commands used in the actual game... Stuck on Randy for a good 40 mins...

Learning fart stuff was really stupid - also considering it was entirely different to the commands used in the actual game... Stuck on Randy for a good 40 mins...

Yeah that annoyed me

Yeah I got stuck on the first cart man and also randy for a while. As you say they don't even control like that during battles really.

I found it wasn't explained very well once I "got" it I was ok. My mate learnt all the fart moves first or second time...bastard.

To be honest I haven't used the farts at all in battle. Reached the end of Day 2 now -

why are the underpants gnomes so vicious? They seemed quite friendly in the show. Assholes. Slightly annoying that once you begin the attack on the school you're funneled down a long sequence where you can't do anything else, and I could really do with getting some more potions which doesn't seem likely now I've got to chase the gnomes through a hole in the wall.

Incidentally, the

Mr Hankey summon seems ludicrously overpowered - I called him in against the first lot of gnomes (I just wanted to go to bed at that stage) and he did something like 297000 damage to them.

The Summons are intentionally overpowered, they're designed to immediatedly kill all enemies rather than just take off a chunk of damage - hence why you can't use them against bosses.

Loving this so far. Spent a good few hours wandering around doing various random quests. Genuinely funny and engaging, completely bonkers and stands up as a very solid game.

I'm another who isn't keen on the farts though. Don't see the point of them in battle really, or am I missing something?

I have to say i found the

giving randy an abortion

scene crossed the line between bad taste humour and "oh fuck this isnt on at all"...but the boss fight after that had me laughing and thinking "oh god im going to hell for laughing about this".

Finally beat you know who boss fight too. Funnily enough, i was just going t odo it on easy and get it out of the way but the cunt beat me like 3 times, and when i eventually did beat him i realized i hadn't turned it down from hardcore :lol:

I have to say i found the

giving randy an abortion

scene crossed the line between bad taste humour and "oh fuck this isnt on at all"...but the boss fight after that had me laughing and thinking "oh god im going to hell for laughing about this".

My feelings were the other way around:

I thought giving Randy an abortion was harmlessly silly (like, what is there to abort? Where's the offensiveness? You can suction his balls off, but that's just funny). But when the nazi zombie aborted fetuses showed up, that's when I thought: "Holy shit, this crosses a line. What the fuck am I playing??" I think it's the only thing in the game that goes further than the TV show.

The first could easily have happened on the show, the only shock factor was that you were in control. I can't imagine them getting away with the second thing on TV, but I'd have been disappointed if they didn't use the opportunity to push things as far as possible. Anyone try farting on it?

I'm literally incapable of imagining something they could have done to push things further. I laughed, in large part due to the shock, but I doubt South Park could ever offend me.

Did anyone else find

A "Conspiracy Theory Hobo" mini-boss on the first night whose voice was made up of clips of Hitler's speeches? What the fuck? :lol:

Did anyone else find

A "Conspiracy Theory Hobo" mini-boss on the first night whose voice was made up of clips of Hitler's speeches? What the fuck? :lol:

Yeah, after following all the

voice recorders

which were fantastic :lol:

This is definitely chock full of amazing little touches- it's obviously benefitted a lot from Parker and Stone spending a fair bit of time looking at it.

I'd love to see a sequel, improving on a few game mechanics, although I'm not sure if it would work since every South Park reference under the sun seems to be in this one. It'd be nice to see things like being able to have two buddies at once in combat (to give a bit more tactical depth), and being able to allocate skill points into their special skills like you can with your own. It's also a little inconsistent at times- I totally neglected the weapon/armour add on things, since I assumed they were going to be introduced in another slightly heavy handed tutorial section, but they were there all along, just not really talked about.

This is the best I can do on short notice:

:D

I saw it at the time, and at the time it was shocking but not offensive. Re-watching it just now was a nostalgic experience. I imagine in a few years time the sequence in question from the game will illicit nostalgic feelings, which is pretty fucked up! 'Cause FUCK!

Started this last night and the most surprising thing is that there's actually a challenging and absorbing game here. I thought it would be funny, didn't realise it'd actually be a quality RPG.

Great stuff.

Completed this yesterday. It's really funny, but the mechanics feel really off in places. It doesn't explain itself well, the farting tutorials are annoying as fuck and required loads of attempts while the actual combat is pretty bland with some silly oversights that were stamped out in other games ages ago. Having said that, it was really, really enjoyable to play and I pretty much played it through straight (took me a day).

I think the length is just right and while I'm not a big south park fan I still found lots of cool references all the same. I'm really torn because I think it makes a lot of staple rpg boo boos, but it's so fucking funny.

I loved canada, the fight with the underpants gnome, the school battle and the kenny song, but I hated the final boss. Horrible, horrible, horrible. The menus are a mess to navigate as well.

Sod it, 7/10

• Upvote 1

Menus are a bit of a nightmare.

Pretty standard stuff, in regards to gameplay.

Hilarious, and very true to the original material, however.

Decent pacifier, while waiting for the forthcoming releases,to give me a reason to load up my PS4, which hasnt been used properly since November.

Until then?

Everybody's Golf, and a chance to replay Metroid Prime.