rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
deKay

Lego Batman 2

I'd hoped the next Lego Batman game would actually be Lego DC Comics or something, and it looks like it might be...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-28-lego-batman-2-has-superman-and-dc-superheroes-report

Spotted: evidence of a new Lego Batman video game that will feature DC superheros Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern.

A convincing photo of Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes from a product poster provided the evidence. It was found by Lego fansite BrickTuts.

The game is rumoured for a 2012 release, which would coincide with the arrival of new blockbuster Batman film The Dark Knight Rises.

Lego also has a new fleet of Lego Super Heroes toy boxes to roll out next year.

Lego Batman remains one of Traveller's Tales' best Lego video games. Eurogamer's Lego Batman review awarded 9/10.

"Another hugely entertaining, carefully constructed gem of kiddy gaming," concluded reviewer Dan Whitehead.

Lego Batman remains one of Traveller's Tales' best Lego video games. Eurogamer's Lego Batman review awarded 9/10.

Wat.

It's like the most broken one out of all of them. Plus I found it a bit dull as it wasn't trying to recreate specific scenes from films in Lego, which is usually amusing.

They should make a Lego A-Team game where you can go into a garage and build a tank from two bits of wire and an loo roll.

• Upvote 1

I say it every time they make a new Lego game, but I'll say it again: Lego Back to the Future.

Lego have the license to produce both DC and Marvel Lego sets next year so expect to see games for both I reckon.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

(sorry. I'll get a tissue).

• Upvote 1

Lego Doctor Who would be ace as well.

Sadly that licence has gone to Character :(

I say it every time they make a new Lego game, but I'll say it again: Lego Back to the Future.

Surely it would only appeal to our generation? It's not really the kids demographic they're looking for.

I would buy it in a heartbeat, though.

Lego Batman was bloody awful, so I hope they've fixed this sequel. I also hope they tone-down the constant attacks from baddies as you're trying to solve puzzles... so bloody annoying.

Surely it would only appeal to our generation? It's not really the kids demographic they're looking for.

I would buy it in a heartbeat, though.

I think you'll find my 2 year old loves Back to the Future. And Lego.

Lego Batman was bloody awful, so I hope they've fixed this sequel. I also hope they tone-down the constant attacks from baddies as you're trying to solve puzzles... so bloody annoying.

You have to kill them all. They stop coming eventually.

Press release:

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT, TT GAMES AND THE LEGO GROUP

ANNOUNCE LEGO® BATMAN™ 2: DC SUPER HEROES

The Highly-Anticipated Sequel to the Best-Selling LEGO® Videogame of All Time Returns with

Help from Super Heroes including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern

Burbank, Calif. – Jan. 5, 2012 – Batman is back to save Gotham City and the action will only build from here! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group are teaming up once again to announce that LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes will be available beginning Summer 2012 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii™ system, and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ hand-held system, Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. The game is the sequel to the best-selling LEGO® Batman™: The Videogame, which to date has sold more than 11 million units worldwide.

LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes complements the brand new, recently released LEGO® Super Heroes: DC Universe toy collection. The line includes five construction sets, such as The Batcave and three buildable, detailed action figures.

In LEGO Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes, the Dynamic Duo of Batman and Robin join other famous super heroes from the DC Universe including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to save Gotham City from destruction at the hands of the notorious villains Lex Luthor and the Joker. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humor as players fight to put the villains back behind bars.

“LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes builds upon the action and cooperative gameplay experience established in our best-selling LEGO video game to date, LEGO Batman: The Videogame,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “We’re offering fans a rich and expansive Gotham City environment filled with cool characters, great customization options and plenty of surprises that families, young gamers and DC Universe fans can enjoy together.”

“LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes further extends and combines both the Batman and LEGO videogame experiences to create very fun gameplay,” said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Development and Production, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Fans of all ages are going to enjoy the action and light hearted humor that TT Games and LEGO provide.”

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes allows players to explore all new areas of Gotham City utilizing a variety of vehicles including the Batmobile and Batwing. In addition, they’ll be able to fight for justice by mastering new gadgets and suits, such as Batman’s Power Suit and Robin's Hazard Cannon, and using all-new abilities including flight, super-breath and heat vision.

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. For more information, please visit www.videogames.LEGO.com.

So this actually has voice acting.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Depends who is doing the voices, I suppose. Not a game killer if its bad anyway.

While voice acting may seem like a bad idea for us (older gamers), it removes a significant barrier for really young players. My 3 year-old has pretty much played through Lego Batman on the DS (with help from me for tricky puzzles, getting lost, and fiddly double-jump/flying bits), and screens of text or dialogue would really break the game for him. From memory, the Lego Star Wars games do have some text, and he just has to click through it.

So yeah.. I'm not looking forward to voice acting myself, but can see it being really useful for allowing young gamers in who can't read yet.

Maybe the DS versions are different, but there's no dialogue text in any of the previous lego games on consoles/PC. Characters just make gestures and occasional noises to show what's happening. These are often quite amusing.

• Upvote 1

Well, I'm a big fan of the Lego games, got all 1000 gamer points on the first one so I will probably indulge...

Maybe the DS versions are different, but there's no dialogue text in any of the previous lego games on consoles/PC. Characters just make gestures and occasional noises to show what's happening. These are often quite amusing.

I don't recall any dialogue text in the current games, but there is the scrolling Star Wars text (which is fine.. it's Star Wars after all!). In Lego Batman there are cartoon strip cut scenes which don't have any text, just comic frames to show what happens.

Just a heads-up that this is released on 22nd June in EU. My 3-year old has reached pant-wetting levels of excitement about it, and won't walk past an EB Games without going in to see the empty promo boxes on the shelves.

Trailer:

Talking minifigure trailer:

• Upvote 1

When you're far apart during a level, the screen splits diagonally depending on where you are in relation to each other - I found the old system where you're trapped in the same camera view annoying at times, but my 5 year-old finds the split screen a bit confusing, needing lots of "this way, no the other way" type help because she doesn't know the levels . When you're in the free-roaming map, it's a fixed vertical line down the middle of the screen, which gives you a really limited field of view - she loves adventuring in Go Vacation, so I have to drop out in this to let her see where she's going.

Lots of good puzzles so far with plenty of turn-about use of the new suits - I'd advise you to be Robin if you're playing the opening level with littluns :)