Final Fantasy XV

Broker

6 minutes ago, Moz said:

Hide contents

King guy signs a treaty with the neighbouring military superpower. Part of the deal is that their kids will marry to strengthen ties between the two powers. Military superpower reneges on the deal once inside the walls of King guy's city and levels it to the ground, killing the king in the process. End credits. Post credits scene shows the King's son, Noctis, on his way to meet up with his bride to be (and childhood friend), not knowing that the his father was betrayed, his city is destroyed and the military superpower has taken control. Cue FFXV.

This. And there's a magic ring.  And kebabs.  And good guys become bad guys without any explanation provided.  

The Eurogamer review sounds a little undecided. It seems like Aoife is struggling with the decision to focus on four guys on a road trip while the world-changing events happen elsewhere. I really like this approach as they feel more like they're in a world and less like the world is built purely for their story to play out in. I've already read several reviews which contradict each other with what they feel the strengths and weaknesses of the game are. Everyone seems to like it, but nobody can agree on why :lol:

GR review 

14 minutes ago, Moz said:

It's an open world game. 

I'm streaming some midgame sidequesting here:

https://www.twitch.tv/gamehulkuk

Nothing too spoilery really, just wandering around doing sidequests at the mo.

Umm... I know a couple of people aren't too happy with the camera so I thought there might be a few things wrong with it but probably nothing to lose sleep over. But witnessing your battle against the mammoth(?) just now I gotta say: the camera was ABSOLUTELY AWFUL?!

5 minutes ago, Baring said:

I’ve never played a FF game, is this a good one to start with?

I do love an open world game and that opening story sounds great.

Such a tough one .

i have no idea who you recommend this game too because someone somewhere is going to be upset,

BTW if you're watching my stream I ran miles in the wrong direction and had to run back.... so that was fun. 

Camera doesn't matter much if you're blocking the whole time. I've got it set to snap really hard from enemy to enemy so it's probably more erratic than the defaults.

9 minutes ago, Moz said:

BTW if you're watching my stream I ran miles in the wrong direction and had to run back.... so that was fun. 

Camera doesn't matter much if you're blocking the whole time. I've got it set to snap really hard from enemy to enemy so it's probably more erratic than the defaults.

Is the chocobo the best way to travel? Is your car not quicker?

Thanks for streaming, apart from the erratic camera in battles it look's good.

41 minutes ago, Moz said:

It's an open world game. 

I'm streaming some midgame sidequesting here:

https://www.twitch.tv/gamehulkuk

Nothing too spoilery really, just wandering around doing sidequests at the mo.

Watched you fight some purple balls in a cave - looks clunky rather than elegant, with camara all over the place. Can be hard to judge when you're not using the inputs though

27 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Is the chocobo the best way to travel? Is your car not quicker?

Thanks for streaming, apart from the erratic camera in battles it look's good.

The car is not usable right now, that's why I'm doing everything on chocobo. I think you guys watching have just seen by far the worst bit of the game so far :lol: typical

20 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Watched you fight some purple balls in a cave - looks clunky rather than elegant, with camara all over the place. Can be hard to judge when you're not using the inputs though

Mixture of both but I messed with the camera settings and it made it even more mental than normal. Back to normal now.

24 minutes ago, Moz said:

The car is not usable right now, that's why I'm doing everything on chocobo. I think you guys watching have just seen by far the worst bit of the game so far :lol: typical

Looking at the colour of car I would say send it back for repair :)

You seem a bit overpowered until you got to the mech fight.

That summon was cool.

26 minutes ago, DC07 said:

First thing I've noticed post 1.02 patch is that it's now easy to see both images on the default brightness setting.

All that time spent calibrating and the damn thing was bugged!!

Just noticed this. I put it back down to the default 50mand true to form my TV is very nicely calibrated and the game looks even better.

I swear one day I will learn...

So order the "deluxe" edition from GAME as they had the exclusivity on that version (another issue I'll save for another rant).. they took payment on the 24th and here we day before official release and it still hasn't shipped. What they did manage to do though is to issue everyone who pre-ordered another email stating they were going to take payment shortly ahead of release next week! ,.. according to the facebook page (as all forms of customer service are now closed) this was just a "glitch!"  

Their levels of ineptitude really do know no bounds. After getting charged 10 times for Mario Maker earlier in the year I really should have learnt my lesson. 

EDIT: 2 minutes after posting this rant its shipped!.. They are still a bunch of numpties though :P