Final Fantasy XV

Broker

4 hours ago, Akira said:

Why is it so dead in here! It's a new final fantasy : /

has anyones shopto order dispatched? 

It's been seven years since the last one and ten years since the last good one. I think there's very few people this is a big deal for really, which is kind of sad.

I've got my copy, but I didn't think I'd have it until Monday and I'd planned to watch Gilmore Girls all day with my girlfriend, plus I'm shattered and I sincerely doubt it's going to have a quick intro so I'm diving in tomorrow night.

Dear God, seven years since the last one! I'm not ready for another one right now. Even trying to play FFXII for the first time a month or so back ended in utter meh. XIII has just killed any appeal I have for these kind of games, the FF series especially.

Saying that I did enjoy my fifth dabble with VII earlier in the year, I got about half-way through the re-translated version. I must get back to that at some point.

5 hours ago, nakamura said:

Final Fantasy XII International was disappointingly easy, sadly. Still awesome though. 

World of Final Fantasy is garbage tbh. Cheap iOS level gaming. Not a fan. 

XV, does actually look pretty decent. The recent 101 trailer impressed me quite a bit more than I expected. I'm still somewhat nervous but a little more optimistic it might actually be good.

As for turn based battles, Square never needed to abandon them. It was random encounters that needed the boot. They simply should have refined the engine used in XII. It took offline rpgs into a new dimension but remain true to itself. 

Have you actually played it.its really  good fun 

5 hours ago, Thwomp said:

I was just talking to my brother about this, and I decided the best game Squenix have made since FF12 is Theatrhythm. Now if only they'd make a Dragon Quest version...

Well they did but it's Japan only for now

15 minutes left to install but it's let me play around with the options, so here are some exciting impressions.

For the brightness setting, I found it quite hard to see the image displayed in the white box. Usually with these things the default is fine but I had to play around with my TV settings as well as the in-game brightness. Then I looked further down the menu and saw 'HDR'. Hello! It helps but I'm curious if this is the same on all TVs.

Anyway, I'm now looking at the title screen in HDR with an installation timer counting down. Pretty intense stuff so far.

Amazon have it to rent/buy (streaming) for £4.49 and £4.99 iirc. 

Given the post I made yesterday it was almost inevitable; my copy didn't arrive today :( I arranged to have something redelivered yesterday and it only came today so I wonder if they're just dealing with a lot of post at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, DJ KNIGHT XIII said:

What is the film with background information to the game you gentlemen speak of ? 

How doe one obtain a copy  ?

It's called Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV. It should be at most online retailers and I'm sure I saw it in my local HMV the other day...

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

It's called Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV. It should be at most online retailers and I'm sure I saw it in my local HMV the other day...

What I find truely terrifying, is that my MUM!!! has watched Kingsglaive before I have!

that is how much appathy I now have for a series I once loved, I still have a room full of figures and the old games, so this 15 lark better be fucking awesome.

1 hour ago, Moz said:

Postal alert,  postal alert. My copy arrived at 12:13 from simplygames. It came in a white envelope with my name and address printed on it. It's on my coffee table,  too hung over for that shit right now. 

Oh balls, that's where my copy went :(

I'm so on the fence about this. I'm one of those whose first FF game was 7 which I adored and I really loved 8 and 9. Then I suddenly couldn't last more than a hour with future games. I think it's a combination of art style and battle system. I keep seeing trailers for this new one and being tempted, I really really want a good FF game but can't help feel this just isn't it.

Got it, it's currently installing. I haven't read anything about it, I just know that it's been in development for ages and I loved the old FF. Well, up until 10 and 13. didn't play 11 and 14 due to online, and disliked 12. 

Will I like this?

7 minutes ago, p b said:

Got it, it's currently installing. I haven't read anything about it, I just know that it's been in development for ages and I loved the old FF. Well, up until 10 and 13. didn't play 11 and 14 due to online, and disliked 12. 

Will I like this?

No

i got mine at home waiting for me apparently.

just need to finish work at 6 and eat some home made lasagna while it patches. Oh lasagne I love you.

Chapter 1 done and more positives than negatives so far (one of the negatives is that I opted for the English voices).

Can't judge the combat yet because it amounts to twatting things over the head with a big sword and dodging their attacks at this early stage. I like what I've seen of the world so far, though, and am optimistic that it's only going to get better.

Promising start and if it all goes to shit, we'll always have the fishing to fall back on.

49 minutes ago, p b said:

Will I like this?

Nope. Not a chance.

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

No

i got mine at home waiting for me apparently.

just need to finish work at 6 and eat some home made lasagna while it patches. Oh lasagne I love you.

We'll have Tartiflette, a wonderful west-Swiss dish tonight. Using potatoes, cheese, bacon, white wine, cream... Who cares?