Food confessional

tcharliel

And fried onions, right?

How could I forget, on occasion I use English mustard for an eye waterer. Really like those Birds Eye burgers that are half water and have a really weird oniony smell in the same way.

Fray Bentos is another candidate, used to eat loads when I was left home alone on school summer holidays. Steer clear of the mince ones though as even my formative pallette balked at them.

What the hell is that thing? It looks utterly revolting and I must have one this minute.

From it's Wikipedia page, Parmo's:

Chicken or pork fillets are flattened, then dipped in egg and then bread crumbs, after which it is deep-fried. Onto this is poured a thick, white sauce (similar to béchamel sauce, but butter may be partially or wholly replaced by other fats) and then it is topped with grated cheese. The cheese is usually a hard cheese such as cheddar, rather than Parmesan cheese, that originally gave the dish its name. The dish is then grilled or baked to melt the cheese.

In 2007, North Yorkshire Trading Standards conducted a survey of 25 fast food dishes. A large parmo with chips and salad contains about 2600 calories and 150g of fat

Basically imagine a pizza, but instead of the base being made of dough, it's made of flattened chicken breast. They are epic.

HreRe.jpg

Not too bad I suppose. Looks fairly normal. Problem is, I eat it out of the packet, on it's own. Largely any shit I used to eat is now vetoed by having a wife with higher culinary standards, I miss the days of eating a tin of meatballs out of the pan with an accompanying slice of bread (it's tricky to share).

I had my favorite cheat meal tonight.

DSCN0447.jpg

Beef ramen (basically supernoodles) with a tin of tuna and siracha hot sauce mixed in, washed down with a can of sugar-filled Arizona lemon ice tea.

Awesome, has basically no nutritional benefit (tuna aside) and takes about 5 minutes to make.

One of my friends used to regularly eat supernoodles on toast when at University, to much derision from everyone else. I'll tell him he is not the only one!

Someone at work told me they eat pot noodle sandwiches. I can't quite believe other people have done the same.

EDIT: I have a friend who told me that the best way to eat those TUC biscuits was to chew one then spread the chewy paste onto another TUC and then consume. Proper grim.

EDIT: I have a friend who told me that the best way to eat those TUC biscuits was to chew one then spread the chewy paste onto another TUC and then consume. Proper grim.

A friend told a very similar thing, his version was all about chewing up Hula Hoops and spreading the paste over cheap white bread.