IGNORED

Outrun 2

Quexex

GREAT!

Ok Sorry if this reiterates old news but it was new to me when I stumbled across a 2 player outrun 2 machine in the Trocedero yesterday ... you can't imagine my delight as I watched, this game looks amazing and there are so many nods to the original. So I sat down and played it with one of my mates (who let it be known has become quite a cynic in his old age) and after spending £6 between us we both decided that THIS IS OUTRUN 2 a true sequal to one of our favourite games of all time... now where's that home version ... xbox please and must be link up for upto four players!

So happy that Sega haven't managed to fck this one up ... guess my only critisim would be that it seemed a little too easy ... but that was with the easiest cars going the easiest routes! Oh and the remixed tuens sound a bit shit when you listen to them out of situ (mp3's downloaded on to your PC for example) however in game they are fantastic!

Cheers

Quexex

xbox please and must be link up for upto four players!

.::: Didn't you need a PS2 for the home version despite it being Chihiro-based? I still remember that uproar about it...

don't care, as long as it's linkup for upto four machines via the i-link I don't mind! However wether the PS2 could handel Outrun2 is another dedate altogether!

Cheers

Quexex

GREAT!

Ok Sorry if this reiterates old news but it was new to me when I stumbled across a 2 player outrun 2 machine in the Trocedero yesterday ... you can't imagine my delight as I watched, this game looks amazing and there are so many nods to the original. So I sat down and played it with one of my mates (who let it be known has become quite a cynic in his old age) and after spending £6 between us we both decided that THIS IS OUTRUN 2 a true sequal to one of our favourite games of all time... now where's that home version ... xbox please and must be link up for upto four players!

So happy that Sega haven't managed to fck this one up ... guess my only critisim would be that it seemed a little too easy ... but that was with the easiest cars going the easiest routes! Oh and the remixed tuens sound a bit shit when you listen to them out of situ (mp3's downloaded on to your PC for example) however in game they are fantastic!

Cheers

Quexex

That's the best news EVAR.

I'm off to London for a day in January, and I'll be off to The Other Cinema for the anime all-nighter, and the Troc's just next to it! YESSSSS, I get to play Outrun 2 soon, then :ph34r:

.::: Didn't you need a PS2 for the home version despite it being Chihiro-based? I still remember that uproar about it...

don't care, as long as it's linkup for upto four machines via the i-link I don't mind! However wether the PS2 could handel Outrun2 is another dedate altogether!

Cheers

Quexex

.::: Then I do hope for you they'll think of the Network Adapter, as the iLink has been torn from the newer model PS2's and therefor has become obsolete.

*urgh this isn't a personal attack at you or OutRun2, although it reads that way*

Totally agree Quexex.

I played this loads at Sega Gigo in Akihabara on a recent Japan trip and loved every minute of it.

Although the easy route through the game is perhaps a little too easy and can be finished within a few goes at most, the difficulty improves vastly if you take some of the harder routes through the game. Heart Attack mode is fantastic too and adds a lot of depth and replayability when you attempt to get all 'AAA' scores.

Sega have done the Outrun name proud. :ph34r:

Just discovered one around the back of China Town in London, near Wardour(sp?) Street.

Have to say I started gibbering as soon as I saw it, naturally choose the Testarossa and Splash Wave, though alas the music was being obscured by some noisy gimps behind me on Virtua Striker (or something.)

Its interesting how they've changed the "behind car" camera perspective, its higher and slightly further back. I guess that's to show off the lovely graphics more and to help with the powerslides.

I enjoyed it, the still photos in Edge, on the web etc naturally don't do its looks justice. The sensation of speed it great and I personally found over/undertaking had been made a little easier (still not sure if that's good or bad.)

I did think it perhaps lacked the "charisma" of the original, but I suspect that because I'm no longer 12 and under the impression Pole Position was still cutting edge.

Only had 2 goes due to an impatient girlfriend, but intend to go back in the new year and give it a proper thrashing. By the way, does anyone know of any arcades that still have the original in Deluxe guise?

isn't this purely down to (ferrari) licensing issues though?

the easiest port would be to xbox, and a chihiro-specific game would most probably make the PS2 creak more than a little bit.

the easiest port would be to xbox, and a chihiro-specific game would most probably make the PS2 creak more than a little bit.

No. It's down to money making issues.

Nobody in Japan owns an Xbox. Xbox owners in the rest of the world don't buy Sega games.

Therefore an Xbox port, whilst technically sensible, would be commercially insane and would probably cause Sammy to kill the franchise dead.

No. It's down to money making issues.

Nobody in Japan owns an Xbox. Xbox owners in the rest of the world don't buy Sega games.

Therefore an Xbox port, whilst technically sensible, would be commercially insane and would probably cause Sammy to kill the franchise dead.

Although I really, really want OutRun 2 to be given an Xbox release, the possibility that this may only come out on the PS2 may actually help arcade takings.

Why? Well, one of the reasons the arcades we used to love have pretty much died a death is due to the fact that you can play exactly the same version at home due to the arcade hardware being a slightly advanced version of the home hardware.

However, if this title is only going to receive a PS2 release then the home version will at least be inferior in terms of graphic quality. It may be more playable, have more features than its arcade big brother, but it just won't look as good. So, the only way you'll be able to play the arcade version is in the arcade itself.

I'd buy the PS2 version, but I really do hope an Xbox one sees the light of day.

I suppose I could wait 15 years like I did with the original OutRun and add the arcade machine to my collection :(

Rob

I'd buy the PS2 version, but I really do hope an Xbox one sees the light of day.

I'd rather there was a PS3 version instead of an Xbox1 version. That way you kill two birds (power and commercial viability) with one stone.

Plus that would buy the game nearly 2 years of arcade exclusivity, which will certainly help coin-op takings.

I'd rather there was a PS3 version instead of an Xbox1 version. That way you kill two birds (power and commercial viability) with one stone.

Plus that would buy the game nearly 2 years of arcade exclusivity, which will certainly help coin-op takings.

Gonna be quite a few years until PS3 games make commercial sense. Development costs will be huge, installed user base will be tiny for a few years, so sales will be tiny. The industry's only just starting to make some money from PS2..

I'm glad Sony are waiting a while to release PS3. Gives the industry a chance to recover for a bit. Of course bluddy MSoft are rushing out Xbox2. UK dev industry's gonna be dead <_<