I feel excluded from fighting and driving games

Problem solved. Get TDU2, drive a ladies car, whilst dressed as a lady with a short skirt which barely covers your vajizzle. You can drive to to various shops and buy new shoes.

I think you mean "vajazzle". "Vajizzle" brings a whole set of different and intensely worrying images.

Of course, wheels and foot control is much easier in a real car.

Try driving a car and talking in a mobile and/or drinking a beer at the same time when you have to use a controller.

Slow down to normal driving speeds in game and it's REALLY easy. Like real life. You can't compare a daily commute drive and attempting to get around Mugello in under 90 seconds then say "well, that's much harder than real life driving".

It does it but it requires dedication and practise. It's the thing where your brain is sending signals to your feet is alien at first.

It's not the pedals that I find difficult, it's getting the steering right. eg flicking the stick quickly and fully in one direction can't be done as quickly or efficiently with a wheel. I'm all over the place with a wheel. Sounds like I just need to stick with it though.

The theory is that you should go around corners smoother, you don't have to turn the wheel full lock every time, so try to avoid that. If anything you should be making subtle moves, I'm not the best to ask, try the steering wheel thread so this one doesn't get bogged down with this stuff.

It's not the pedals that I find difficult, it's getting the steering right. eg flicking the stick quickly and fully in one direction can't be done as quickly or efficiently with a wheel. I'm all over the place with a wheel. Sounds like I just need to stick with it though.

You shouldn't be doing that (flicking the wheel in a direction); as Boozy says just be more progressive and steer into the corner as you would in a car. There's no steering assist with a wheel like there is with a pad and you'll massively upset the car if you try and throw it at the corner.

I remember when I got my MS wheel a few years ago it took at least a couple of hours to get used to it. You won't go back to a pad once you are though!

I have an MS 360 wheel and find it *massively* more difficult to play Forza with than a pad. Does it get easier? Am I just a numpty?

yeah it'll get easier but forza does have some built in steering help for the pad so the steering (maybe not accelerating/braking) sort of is easier with a pad. you need to get the angle right rather than going full lock. (edit - as above!)

to the OP, maybe this has already been mentioned but some racing games work great with a pad (pgr/forza for example) but others i'll really only play with the wheel like dirt or the new F1 games. I'm sure people play thoes games fine with the pad too but I find them pretty twitchy and prefer to wait till the wheel is setup.

I'm much worse at racing games on a wheel. I think cars need to evolve to use analogue sticks.

I have only driven a real car once, twelve years ago, for five seconds. I crashed into a bush.

men in black; although i hope future analogue car control isn't based upon the playstation's

1102821-mib2_super.jpg