Rllmuk racing wheel thread

24 minutes ago, Valver said:

That was their DD 0.5 - whcih was an April Fools joke that a surprising amount of people fell for:

Including me then! :doh:

1 hour ago, marsh said:

No love for the thrustmaster TS? I take it that would need drivehub to go through his PS4? he does play quite alot of sim bollocks on his PC so it would be getting used for that more.

Have you discounted getting him a T300?  The TS-PC is an amazing wheel (I have one and there's a few of us regular ACC racers who have it) but the T300 isn't far off it, is quite a bit cheaper and is compatible with the PS4 and PC without adaptors.

20 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Have you discounted getting him a T300?  The TS-PC is an amazing wheel (I have one and there's a few of us regular ACC racers who have it) but the T300 isn't far off it, is quite a bit cheaper and is compatible with the PS4 and PC without adaptors.

Isn't the T300 comparable with the CSL Elite in price and build/performance quality?

Just now, Meers said:

Isn't the T300 comparable with the CSL Elite in price and build/performance quality?

I don't think it's too far off, although the TS-PC is probably more of a direct competitor with the CSL Elite.

5 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I don't think it's too far off, although the TS-PC is probably more of a direct competitor with the CSL Elite.

Right, but all the wheels mentioned earlier are top quality really. You can't really go wrong these days. Belt driven is the best way though (also price-wise). The most important thing in any set is having pedals with a load cell brake. They make all the difference.

4 minutes ago, Meers said:

Right, but all the wheels mentioned earlier are top quality really. You can't really go wrong these days. Belt driven is the best way though (also price-wise). The most important thing in any set is having pedals with a load cell brake. They make all the difference.

Agreed.  A set of T-LCM pedals with a T300 is a great setup.

3 hours ago, Valver said:

That was their DD 0.5 - whcih was an April Fools joke that a surprising amount of people fell for:

image.thumb.png.043eca5d56bd5d44b307bcd6b51913f1.png

Why surprising? There's no joke there at all other than "haha you're too poor to buy our stuff".

So I get that everyone would love a cheap DD wheel - I'd be on board for one!   But the fact it's called the "half" and was posted on the 1st April... c'mon.  I think people just wanted it to be true, enough that they didn't check the date or critically appraise the details.

Even the accompanying text is full of obvious clues (from https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/22912/the-sensational-low-cost-dd-has-arrived-dd-0-5 ):

"we even integrated the super-innovative FluxBarrier™ technology. I can’t really explain what it does but it is sensationally good… as if it came straight from the future.

Of course we needed to save weight to reduce the shipping costs so we made the internals from carbon fibre, another innovation for sim racing and indeed electric motors in general.

The result is our brand new DD 0.5, available for €/$ 349.95!

This product combines the latest technology at a low cost, something we could only achieve by producing it completely with robots and selling it with chatbots. Even this text was generated by our new blogbot."

I guess you can argue if you think that's funny or not. But it made me chuckle.    I never saw it as a dig at my lack of disposable income.

I’m looking at stability mods for the play seat challenge and came across this, thought it was worth mentioning for others.

He uses the challenge with Thrustmaster load cells I think a few on here do too, hard mounted using 20mm P clips (mentioned near the end) which are cheap to buy.

Right, back to stare at that stability kit on eBay and worry that something 3D printed might not last ;)

edit:  updated details now the shop page is live

The new Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 replica wheel releases today.  Looks pretty smart.  Fits on lots of existing wheel-bases.  Wireless display with themed layouts for up to 69 different telemetry items displayed.  Race flag indicator LEDs, analog secondary paddles (clutch?), and a total of 25 working buttons (7 of which are working dials)

https://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/new-products/formula-wheel-add-on-ferrari-sf1000-edition.html

Key points:

4.3-inch (109-mm) IPS LCD display showing up to 69 key items of information, with different skins for the type of game being played, for optimal racing comfort

3 mm-thick carbon fiber faceplate (21 layers) combining rigidity and lightweight design, for balanced Force Feedback

Up to 25 action buttons (including 7 encoders) for intuitive driving and unlimited configuration possibilities

Native connectivity or wireless telemetry connectivity, with iconic labeling and official markings for unrivaled immersion and realism

100% aluminum interchangeable magnetic paddle shifters, and two customizable analog paddle shifters

Compatible with PC (Windows 10), PlayStation and Xbox (list of features available on the Thrustmaster technical support website)

Compatible with the following Thrustmaster T-Series racing wheel bases (sold separately): TS-XW, T-GT, T300, TX and TS-PC

Compatible with the Thrustmaster T-Chrono Paddles paddle shifters (sold separately)

Replica wheel officially licensed by Ferrari

About the product:

The latest creation resulting from the decades-long collaboration between Thrustmaster and Ferrari, this product is a 1:1 scale replica of the wheel from the legendary Ferrari SF1000 single-seater race car. The Thrustmaster Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition features the iconic labeling and official markings found on the real wheel, as well as a 4.3-inch (109-mm) IPS LCD display showing up to 69 items of racing information.

The race dash features different skins for the type of game being played or car being driven, and 21 LEDs: 15 for the engine speed, and 2 x 3 for the race marshal flags.

The 100% carbon fiber structure of the wheel’s faceplate provides balanced Force Feedback for extremely precise movements when racing, particularly in games with a focus on single-seater cars. Textured rubber grips and interchangeable Thrustmaster T-Chrono Paddles paddle shifters (sold separately) make this replica wheel a truly versatile tool for racing, which can adapt to meet the needs of every driver.

Officially licensed by Ferrari, the wheel is compatible with all Thrustmaster T-Series racing wheel bases (sold separately), and is fully functional on PC (Windows 10), PlayStation 4, 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.

f1 wheel.jpg

£329.99 of our UK monies.  Oof.

And there's an optional swap out shifter plate the T-Chrono Paddles

They look to be push and pull, rather than just pull.

https://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/t-chrono-paddles.html

image.png.068049fd4622c74c30f5b7476661465d.png

Another £55

37 minutes ago, Valver said:

The new Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 replica wheel releases today.  Looks pretty smart.  Fits on lots of existing wheel-bases.  No news yet on how the screen links up, or if all the dials work...

https://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/new-products/formula-wheel-add-on-ferrari-sf1000-edition.html

f1 wheel.jpg

I'd want a working screen, all the dials and knobs and some love me long time for that price.

So Fanatec tweet yesterday...

"Brace yourself and prepare to embark on a new standardd....Can you guess what's coming?"

I'm reading too much into that typo aren't I. 

Standardd. 

Direct Drive? A new affordable direct drive wheel!?  

More likely a new unaffordable direct drive wheel. 

8 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

"Brace yourself and prepare to embark on a new standardd....Can you guess what's coming?"

Standardd. 

Yeah and they tweeted out this pic previously too.  No idea what that is!

image.png.3ffddae16bdf8142d1c097a4b501f16a.png

23 hours ago, Varnsen said:

Standardd. 

Well...

looks like today they're announcing the CSL DD....

Yeah that looks pretty cool, if the ps5 version will support xbox stuff with an xbox wheel like their other stuff does then count me in. When that version eventually comes out anyway.

11 hours ago, spatular said:

Yeah that looks pretty cool, if the ps5 version will support xbox stuff with an xbox wheel like their other stuff does then count me in. When that version eventually comes out anyway.

If the PS5 version has that 'kin blue fleck... :quote:

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

So you'd need to buy compatible wheel and pedals to add to this at minimum?

Unless you already have CSL gear, then yes.

my Thrustmaster pedals are USB so they're independent of the wheel. I think that means to do this new one I'd be buying the base, a wheel and figuring out how much modifying my wheel stand pro needs to swap over. Not too bad, relatively to how expensive DD has been. Crazy money relative to how much I paid for the original set, even after allowing for selling that on.

1 hour ago, spatular said:

not sure what a blue fleck is :unsure:

531718966_Screenshot2021-04-22at11_39_45.png.f357bf4862432a724760e5f5c0d1db21.png

The blue bits in the carbon. It's a challenging aesthetic. I am just being a tit as normal.