Jump to content

Rllmuk racing wheel thread


Recommended Posts

Picked up the T150 with T3PA pedals for £150 second hand. 

 

Seems a decent deal as the pedals seem to go for £80-100 on their own. 

 

Just need to find some foldable stand now.  I think the playseat will be too small for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ry said:

Picked up the T150 with T3PA pedals for £150 second hand. 

 

Seems a decent deal as the pedals seem to go for £80-100 on their own. 

 

Just need to find some foldable stand now.  I think the playseat will be too small for me. 

 

Wey hey, that does sound like a good deal. Congrats on getting that :)

 

The T3PA pedals are proper indeed and having them fixes the only flaw the T150 really has. (The flimsy default pedals.)

 

That Playseat may be adjustable, otherwise look out for a Wheelstand Pro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

 

Wey hey, that does sound like a good deal. Congrats on getting that :)

 

The T3PA pedals are proper indeed and having them fixes the only flaw the T150 really has. (The flimsy default pedals.)

 

That Playseat may be adjustable, otherwise look out for a Wheelstand Pro.

I ordered the challenge. Seems its my best option due to house size.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, klargon said:

Problem you've got now is you have a clutch pedal that you don't really use.  You'll convince yourself that the TH8A shifter is an absolutely essential purchase!

I have spent enough, don't tempt me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you use it in Gran Turismo Sport to stop the stupid gear change sound when you use a road car?

 

It's like the computer is really uncoordinated and presses the accelerator before lifting the clutch. Silly thing but it sort of ruins the immersion for me, when you watch the replay and it's like EEErnnnnnnn EEErnnnnnnn

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, klargon said:

Problem you've got now is you have a clutch pedal that you don't really use.  You'll convince yourself that the TH8A shifter is an absolutely essential purchase!

 

I have the same thoughts now that I have my T-LCM pedals :D although I'm thinking that the Fanatec shifter might be worth paying the extra for

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Freeman said:

Trueforce - does weird thing with the game sound that is sometimes unpleasant, only currently supports iRacing and ACC but others planned.  It makes sound that sounds like the car.

 

 

 

I think he mentions that it works with Gran Turismo Sport as well.

 

Very good video. I'm impressed that they went to the effort of muting the TV and micing the actual wheel so you can hear it producing its own engine sounds. I've got to say that is a strange feature and I'm quite sure I would be turning it off if I bought one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dudley said:

 

Then doubling the price is something of a shit move.

 

I think the rrp of the G29 was 270, but it's been around for ages and (pre COVID) was often 165 with shifter from Argos and as low as 110 from Amazon on Black Friday.  Sticking 60 quid on that for such a small change seems like a shit move though, I agree. 

 

52 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I think he mentions that it works with Gran Turismo Sport as well.

 

Very good video. I'm impressed that they went to the effort of muting the TV and micing the actual wheel so you can hear it producing its own engine sounds. I've got to say that is a strange feature and I'm quite sure I would be turning it off if I bought one.

 

I liked it too.  Missed the GT Sport bit as I had it on in the background while working.  I'm not convinced I'd want the sounds coming from the wheel either.  Invest in a surround sound system, speakers etc and a racing wheel.  The wheel makes noises....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, morcs said:

Can you use it in Gran Turismo Sport to stop the stupid gear change sound when you use a road car?

 

It's like the computer is really uncoordinated and presses the accelerator before lifting the clutch. Silly thing but it sort of ruins the immersion for me, when you watch the replay and it's like EEErnnnnnnn EEErnnnnnnn

 

The non-linear engines annoy me too.  The Gr.2 Lexus, and it might be the Gr.4 Jag I think, as you accelerate, the revs dip, as does the gear shift indicator despite you having foot to the floor, accompanied by a sort of uruuuurrnn, uu, uuu, uuuurrrrnnnnn  noise.

 

Does GT Sport do clutch pedals at all? 

It doesn't seem to recognise that I have one, I have no shifter either so perhaps it's a combo that's needed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Freeman said:

The non-linear engines annoy me too.  The Gr.2 Lexus, and it might be the Gr.4 Jag I think, as you accelerate, the revs dip, as does the gear shift indicator despite you having foot to the floor, accompanied by a sort of uruuuurrnn, uu, uuu, uuuurrrrnnnnn  noise.

 

Yeah I think all the Gr2 engines do this to varying extents. It feels like sort of traction control, or it mimicking a highly tuned engine that can only breathe properly at high revs, being driven by someone who can't slip the clutch. It's really annoying because you floor it and nothing, nothing nothing, nothing, facing backwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, morcs said:

 

Yeah I think all the Gr2 engines do this to varying extents. It feels like sort of traction control, or it mimicking a highly tuned engine that can only breathe properly at high revs. It's really annoying because you floor it and nothing, nothing nothing, nothing, facing backwards.

 

Definitely something off with that, perhaps it's the standard gearbox setup in GT Sport as I'd assume they'd set the ratios to keep the engine in the performance band as much as possible.  Shifting from red line should keep you in the band really...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh for me I mean when you're in first pulling away (i.e. in 1st). Once you're up to speed it's not usually an issue, but it's the worst time to deal with it if you've just been punted/made a mistake and are trying to rejoin, only to perform multiple pirouettes in a panic :doh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 07:29, McSpeed said:

The T3PA pedals are proper indeed and having them fixes the only flaw the T150 really has. (The flimsy default pedals.)

 

Just to bring in something that we've been discussing in the PSN chat app, for future reference. Not sure if @Ry will have seen it there - both he and @Jashin have bought a T150 at the same time.

 

It looks like the T150 may be prone to cutting out when it gets warm (which is a problem in this hot weather), perhaps because the wheel housing only has a tiny fan inside to cool the motor.

 

I haven't had the same problem with mine, even on recent evenings when it's been about 30 degrees in my room. But then I always drive with a big fan right in front of me, blowing over the wheel housing on its way to my face. I suspect that's doing enough to dissipate the heat from the motor.

 

I also like fairly light FFB settings, which presumably gives the motor less work to do. So if it does seem like the T150 is having heat problems, maybe going into the software settings and dialling down the force would help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

 

Just to bring in something that we've been discussing in the PSN chat app, for future reference. Not sure if @Ry will have seen it there - both he and @Jashin have bought a T150 at the same time.

 

It looks like the T150 may be prone to cutting out when it gets warm (which is a problem in this hot weather), perhaps because the wheel housing only has a tiny fan inside to cool the motor.

 

I haven't had the same problem with mine, even on recent evenings when it's been about 30 degrees in my room. But then I always drive with a big fan right in front of me, blowing over the wheel housing on its way to my face. I suspect that's doing enough to dissipate the heat from the motor.

 

I also like fairly light FFB settings, which presumably gives the motor less work to do. So if it does seem like the T150 is having heat problems, maybe going into the software settings and dialling down the force would help?

 

Thanks for the advice, in worried now lol. 

 

And I bought it second hand which worries me more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you should worry. I've been using mine regularly for 18 months or so and I've known it to disconnect not more than a small handful of times - as in, fingers of one hand. And even then I couldn't say for sure if it was heat or a problem with my USB hub.

 

It's a pretty well-built thing overall, it's just not built for a heatwave without a bit of cooling help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I don't think you should worry. I've been using mine regularly for 18 months or so and I've known it to disconnect not more than a small handful of times - as in, fingers of one hand. And even then I couldn't say for sure if it was heat or a problem with my USB hub.

 

It's a pretty well-built thing overall, it's just not built for a heatwave without a bit of cooling help.

 

Luckily I'm in Scotland. Don't think I need to worry about a heatwave :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got a G29 and a PS3?

 

I replaced my old G25 with a Thrustmaster T500RS ages ago. It's been a great wheel for playing GT5/6 on PS3 and GTSport on PS4 but doesn't work like my G25 did on PS3 on games like Daytona and Outrun2. I'm looking at a bunch of options to have one wheel to rule them all.

 

So if you have either Daytona or Outrun 2 on PS3 and a G29 (longshot I know) can you see if it works with those games (as in gives full force feedback - the T500RS 'works' just no force feedback)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, davadvice1 said:

As am I but I've a g29 so not got that worry, Will you be joining us tonight on GT? 

 

Not tonight. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

So it all arrived.

 

I'm absolutely useless. Can't do one lap on F1 2019 without spinning.

 

Will need to get some practice in I think

Screenshot_20200810-170414.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not as an avid gamer as most here so probs haven't put in the hours but I've never had my T150 cut out when using. Even with the standard bundled pedals I think it's a fantastic wheel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Pug said:

I'm not as an avid gamer as most here so probs haven't put in the hours but I've never had my T150 cut out when using. Even with the standard bundled pedals I think it's a fantastic wheel.

 

Never had a problem with my T300 either (touch wood) and that has the same built in power supply/supposed overheating issues as the T150. I have set the fans to always run though, seems like a sensible thing to do with these wheels. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ry said:

So it all arrived.

 

I'm absolutely useless. Can't do one lap on F1 2019 without spinning.

 

 

FYI the default wheel settings for F1 2019 are bobbins. You'll need to go in and change them to something more driveable. 

 

See if this helps:

 

 

I wrote it for Dirt Rally 2 but they're both Codemasters games so hopefully it'll be close enough. I know I had to do something very similar to make F1 2019 playable, I just didn't document the steps :D

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m finding the transition from pad to wheel in GTS quite... challenging. I’m generally finding everything quite understeery and having to be sooooo careful with the throttle compared to the pad. I can’t really get a feel for how much to turn in yet, or when the weight of the car is in the right place / when traction will allow me to accelerate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.