Rllmuk racing wheel thread

I've got some g25 pedals so i'll probably get one of those adapters but the TX pedals are actually ok i think.

The rubber on the wheel is a bit too grippy for my liking, hoping it will smooth down after a bit of use. And the directional button is very hit and miss on some menus, needs to be more clicky.

Apart from that it seems like a nice wheel and Forza Horizon plays great.

Must resist splurging on all the add-ons.

• 2 months later...

So, with PCars around the corner in March I'm thinking about wheel options again. Just don't think I can go back to racing games using a controller, but the Fanatec CSR elite is now totally redundant for use with the PS4.

So what are my best options? I've for a wheel stand pro, csr elite and pedals. I see Fanatec only seem to have options for Xbox One at the moment, which is a shame as ideally I would be looking at a wheel that works across both (in case I ever get a Bone).

Help!

The Thrustmaster T300 looks like a good option at the moment for PS4; it's apparently the same wheel as my TX (Xbox One and PC compatible) which in my opinion is a far better wheel than my old non-elite CSR. I'm not sure about using fanatec pedals with it, although I have a 3rd party adaptor for mine which allows me to use my Logitech G25 pedals with it, so there might be a similar thing out there for your fanatec pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

I can assure you its getting better and better, but what i don't know is how it'll transfer to a pad.

With a wheel its fantastic.

(quote above is from Pcars thread). I'll be getting the PC version of Project Cars for mods, uber performance/graphics and the ability to use what ever wheel I wish. I have a wheel stand pro and MS FF wheel. Is that a good way to play or are there more fancier racing wheels on the market or due out soon?

For PC there's about a billion fancier wheels. Although, if that's the xbox 360 wheel it won't do FF on a PC so then you'd want to look for something else.

If not, I don't know its capabilities but anything with FF and 900deg support will be just fine most of the time.

Good news for Logitech wheel owners, you can now use the G25 and G27 with both the ps4 and xbox one with these new adaptors:

http://www.ricmotech.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=MaxRace&Click=4141

They even support ffb. Kind of wish I'd known about this a while back; even though my tx is great, it'd be really nice to have a single wheel that could potentially work on all three major racing platforms.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I managed to pick up a Logitech Driving Force GT today for £5. Bargain. Wheel & pedals are there, no power supply.

Doing a quick test, hooked into the PC with USB, all the buttons & pedals register, but the steering does not. Does it work off USB alone to race with no FFB? I'm trying to figure out if the steering is fucked before I go out and buy a PSU.

Also for curiosity, what PSU power rating can I use? I read one with an output of 24W / 75A, But the bottom of the wheel says:

Rating 5V / 100mA

Rating 24v / 750mA

So I'm not sure which to use.

Do you know if the supply is okay, King?

For a while, I thought my 360 wheel was broken or that its 'bodge' at feedback wasn't anything like old reviews had said.  The PSU from my earlier PC wheel fixed all that despite the numbers on the third-party unit looking correct and it did a reasonable, if noisy job of suggesting what a car was doing.

Just to eliminate another possibility, as odd as it may seem, I've also found USB 2.0 to be more compatible with my wheel.  Depending on the game, it was iffy with a 360 pad at times too.  Though it could be a quirk of my system, I'd initially used the 3.0 sockets for the wheel as they're a little closer to where I sit and it wasn't until I switched to the 2.0 ones that it behaved normally (if it was even recognised with 3.0!).

The last thing I can think of at the moment may again be more applicable to my older-than-a-DFGT wheel: Logitech's Profiler.

Going back to Windows 7 and up to the current 10 installation, I found that I had to use a particular revision of the software.  Looking at the file I saved, it was a 64-bit 'lgs510' (which shows up as Version 5.10.127 on Profiler's About panel).  If I'm correctly remembering when I ran through Logitech's download pages, I think the DFGT was included in a later file but the same principle may apply where one version just works for you.

Fingers crossed!

I may have posted this before but is there any interest in a Fanatec setup that may have a odd issue - I have a GT2 and the clubsport pedals but on the PS3 every now and again the pedals drop off, pull the cable and plug in and they are back - I had the wheel board replaced but never the pedals so could be that.

I just don't need them but fully faulty they are worth a bit, anyone fancy a project or have a PC as apparently thats twin USB and no issue?

@Dudley @f. grimes

I don't have a PSU for it, hence why I was needing to check requirements so I could go out and look for one. Ripped open the wheel and couldn't see any damaged wires, burnt capacitors or any other damage, not sure what to do to get it going. Just chucked it in the bin in the end.

• 5 weeks later...

Wheelstand pro is supposed to be good and it's easy to attach any of the major wheels to them as they are pre-drilled. You defo want to bolt the wheel to the stand, clamps just don't cut it. 

I have the fanatec rennsport stand which is great, but I had to drill new holes in it for the thrustmaster wheel I have now.