Apple bans Phone Story

I must say DCM, I'm not 100% sure what you're feelings on this issue are from your posts, however if you know about this type of thing could you share your insights? The whole thing sounds incredibly unpleasant, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to hear about it from someone with more direct experience than the western news outlets.

I must say DCM, I'm not 100% sure what you're feelings on this issue are from your posts, however if you know about this type of thing could you share your insights? The whole thing sounds incredibly unpleasant, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to hear about it from someone with more direct experience than the western news outlets.

There are two books you should read, that I have. Both of them are accurate and written by people that have had the same experiences I've had.

Poorly Made in China

factory Girls

Both of them will tell you everything you need to know about manufacture in China without the "what a bad life" angle every China news story posted on a forum has. They go in to much more detail than I'd have time to on this forum without certain people trolling as I've got a bit more experiance on the ground than a lot of people.

What almost no-one points out about the suicides at Foxconn is that, with the massive number of people working there, the rate of suicide among the factory workers is actually significantly lower than the rate of suicide among the general population (which, in China, is quite low anyway). Anybody getting to the point where they feel that taking their own life is their best option is obviously a terrible, terrible tragedy, but this is one fact that is often overlooked. I'm not excusing any specific practices at Foxconn, but holding the number of suicides up as some kind of evidence of terrible working conditions is more than a bit misleading.

Both of them will tell you everything you need to know about manufacture in China without the "OMG communists, China what a bad life" angle every China news story posted on a forum has.

Sorry, I actually have no argument here so I'll point at some books and then run away.