IGNORED

The Expendables 3 - Stallone confirms PG-13 rating

The Sarge

The Expendables 3 Is now official - they're pre-selling territory distribution rights at the American Film Market conference, it has just been revealed by Collider. They've also confirmed that they're seeking funding for a Mechanic sequel as well.

Stallone on Part 3 -

"We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two. We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group. Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer. We will continue with the same narrative scheme, the agility and the frenzy, which are inherent to the saga. What will definitely be the last? I can not guarantee. In principle it would be two deliveries, but the affection of the people encouraged us to work on a third. I guess as long as we amused ourselves by offering fun and people, we can continue playing 'The Expendables'. For now we are not as expendable as it should and as some critics want."

Wouldn't it be fantastic if they really made the Expendables 3 the last hurrah and most of them get killed off in epic showdowns throughout the film, would certainly make it exciting to watch. Of course Stallone would be the last man standing as they are his films but still.

Fuck! The Nic Cage rumours have been proved false. They were comments made by Stallone when asked who he would like to see in part 3, during a press junket during the summer. No idea how they ended up on what was meant to be his official Facebook page.

Fuck!

Watched this last night, thought it was great fun.

There were plenty of scenes which were grin inducing, Van Damme was excellent as the villainous Vilain, Jason Statham continues to show he's probably the best action star in Hollywood at the moment, Lundgren was funny, the

Chuck Norris cameo was cool, and for some reason I think my favourite moment was Bruce and Arnie in the Smart Car (especially when Arnie ripped the door off).

Excellent Friday night beer film/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just watched this. It's glorious and exactly what I wanted from the sequel. Plot? What plot? The cast can barely walk, barely talk and, lets be honest, barely act. Stallone looks like his face has melted, his beard looks like it's made of iron filings and when he speaks it sounds like a warthog trying to hump a crocodile. I mean, the bit where he says 'are you playing games with me Maggie?' It comes out as 'blurgle blargh blurgh blargh?'. But it's just so good! I mean shit. No wait, good. So shit it's good.

Bluray transfer looks a bit ropey, though.