IGNORED

One Piece Kaizoku Musou

Dandy_Sephy

According to Andriasang, the next issue of Jump will announce that the next Dynasty Warriors offshoot will be for the One Piece series. The are no shots or any info as yet, but the is a vague countdown site up that is expected to be for the game, and there will be a video reel at TGS. The only info so far is that it will be a collaboration between Bandai Namco and Tecmo Koei and developed by Omega Force for PS3

I thought the Fist of the North Star game was done quite well, so a cel shaded One Piece version could go down quite well.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/02/one_piece_musou_confirmed/

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/newtitle/

Couple of things about this bother me. 1) Dynasty Warriors games annoy the fuck out of me. Despite it being better than all the other Dynasty Warriors, the FotN star game still got repetitive as shit and had fucking stupid boss fights. It's so mired in the formula it started with about 20 years ago (or whatever) it'll never ever change. 2) I honestly can't name a good One Piece game.

I'll still fucking buy it, because One Piece owns everything ever.

As a quick aside is One Piece much good ? The thing I hate about these style of shows is that they tend to get an awful lot of filler which is absolutely shite. I used to love Bleach but the filler in that show was so awful I gave up eventually (and got tired of seeing Ichigo having his arse handed to him, the useless the wee bollocks)

One Piece is fucking daft but I enjoyed the beginning a lot. I know a lot of people who have been watching it weekly for the last few years, so clearly there's some sort of draw there.

I think the nature of the show means that filler isn't too much of an issue, again because it's so fucking daft.

As a quick aside is One Piece much good ? The thing I hate about these style of shows is that they tend to get an awful lot of filler which is absolutely shite. I used to love Bleach but the filler in that show was so awful I gave up eventually (and got tired of seeing Ichigo having his arse handed to him, the useless the wee bollocks)

Fuck the anime, get the manga. Or read the scanlations online. One Piece is my favourite by far because it's consistently fuck-awesome.

Personal preference. I never get on with the anime of anything that I can read in manga form because the pacing's usually shit, the animation rubbish and the voice acting like having a bandsaw rubbed over your lugholes. The manga is almost always superiror in every way.

But yeah, make sure if you're going the anime route to get the subbed Japanese versions, the American one was butchered beyond belief.

What are the Dynasty Warriors games actually like? My only experience of them is glancing at low review scores, but I'll have to buy this because it's One Piece which makes me go :omg:

If you like Bleach then definitely give the Japanese subtitles anime or the manga of One Piece a go. Shonen stories are fairly similar in some respects, but OP is just far better than everything else.

What's wrong with the Anime (well the japanese anime)? As far as I can tell it's incredibly acurate to the Manga, well animated with little filler...

Well for a start most episodes only have 10minutes* of new content because they are dragging it out so much so as to not get ahead and not go into filler. So if you watch say, Water 7 and Enies Lobby, it's about 20 episodes too long over the course of those two sub arcs. So you get 85 or such episodes where 50 would easily cover it.

*I timed `Enies Lobby once and a 22minute episode had a 6minute replay of events from the previous episode, and a four minute opening theme instead of the usual 80 or so seconds most shows use

Hokuto Mosou, one of KOEI's latest Mosou games. Every single Mosou game (=Dynasty Warriors in the west) is the same. Fight, fight and fight some more. Level up, spend points and fight some more. Extremely repetitive but in some strange way soothing and relaxing. To get a feel for the game buy the cheapest version you can get, which is probably Dynasty Warriors 6. If you have more to spend, Hokuto Mosou (=Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage in the west) comes highly recommended.

edit: aimed @Broker

Well for a start most episodes only have 10minutes* of new content because they are dragging it out so much so as to not get ahead and not go into filler. So if you watch say, Water 7 and Enies Lobby, it's about 20 episodes too long over the course of those two sub arcs. So you get 85 or such episodes where 50 would easily cover it.

*I timed `Enies Lobby once and a 22minute episode had a 6minute replay of events from the previous episode, and a four minute opening theme instead of the usual 80 or so seconds most shows use

You can always skip those parts though... And I don't think it ever gets as bad as Water 7.

That all depends what you think of the following:

If you think that was fuck-awesome, then definately watch it or read it. There are over 512 episodes right now of which 84 are full on filler episodes.

Hokuto Mosou, one of KOEI's latest Mosou games. Every single Mosou game (=Dynasty Warriors in the west) is the same. Fight, fight and fight some more. Level up, spend points and fight some more. Extremely repetitive but in some strange way soothing and relaxing. To get a feel for the game buy the cheapest version you can get, which is probably Dynasty Warriors 6. If you have more to spend, Hokuto Mosou (=Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage in the west) comes highly recommended.

edit: aimed @Broker

That looks great, apart from the woeful vehicle bits.

Love the voice clock in the special edition!

Are we really expecting anything other than Ken's Rage but with Luffy, Zolo and probably Nami as playable characters? Chopper would be more interesting to play but I can't see them putting the effort in to make all his forms playable.

I'm biased as I enjoyed Kens Rage, and spent 40 hours getting 100%, but I dont think there is any reason to change the formula much. It's still a Dynasty Warriors game so there isn't going be many changes to the core gameplay. It's going to be the same layout as KR and the first Gundam one, give each playable character their own story mode from their perspective but all telling the same story (for the most part).

I doubt the game will cover too much of the series, it might reach Arabasta, but almost certainly won't do Skypiea. They will probably do several games.

First image

5ffd7abf.jpg

SOLD

I doubt the game will cover too much of the series, it might reach Arabasta, but almost certainly won't do Skypiea.

He's using Gear 2nd in that picture. I hope to god any story mode doesn't start at the beginning of the series. Maybe a set of highlights from the story which would fit the game.