Brilliant games that are not graphic intensive

T Pot

Well I've just rigged an old PC up to the telly at home. 2.2ghz core 2 duo, 4gb Ram, 128mb dedicated graphics. Nothing fancy.

Anyway, it kicks out a nice 1080p signal on my HD tell, and I've really got into playing some games on it.

Roller coaster Tycoon 2, Red Alert 2, Flight Control, Audio Surf & Galcon all look bloody stunning on it!

What are some of your favourite indy/classics that are not massively graphics intensive that still look lovely today?

Jet Set Radio and Wind Waker both astonish me with their graphics given the gap between the capabilities of the platforms they were designed around and the hardware we have now. They remain two of the most attractive pieces of software I've ever seen, they're ageing like Blade Runner.

Jet Set Radio and Wind Waker both astonish me with their graphics given the gap between the capabilities of the platforms they were designed around and the hardware we have now. They remain two of the most attractive pieces of software I've ever seen, they're ageing like Blade Runner.

Jet Set Radio still looks great now... even more so on an emulator @ 1080p & widescreen :wub:

(The guy has it running here on an Athlon X2 and Radeon HD 5670 WITH Fraps ..which is what is causing any frame rate instability - he was getting 130-190 fps normally)..

Little Big Adventure 1 is as pretty (moreso in some ways, due to being entirely isometric). Good luck getting either game to play on a modern system, though - assuming things haven't changed, you'll need to get the fan patches to fix them up.

XIII

Full Spectrum Warrior

Half-Life

Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror

Pariah (great RTS)

Project IGI

Rise of Nations/Age of Empires (both are similar and excellent)

Shogun: Total War (very addictive)

EDIT: Oh never mind, missed the point of the thread.

Dragonica is an awesome (online) title, perfect with a pad, yet I think it might be a little outside your graphical range. Go check! I spent hours hitting things; online beat me up with RPG levelling, some wonderful artwork, and similarly brilliant music.

Put Ikaruga in this boat too, I'd think it looks great even if it was released tomorrow