IGNORED

Shakedown Y2K11 Deluxe Edition: Pilotwings vs. RPL United

Timmo

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seriously though i thought we put in a cracking effort from 2-0 down and for the second game. We had more shots didnt we!

Stats were:

USA 2-0 Turkey
11 Shots 10
9 On target 3
47% Possession 53%
81% Shot accuracy 30%
61% Pass accuracy 64%

Turkey 1-3 USA
13 Shots 13
9 On target 8
50% Possession 50%
69% Shot accuracy 61%
72% Pass accuracy 71%

Not sure what it tells us but someone said stats and I flinched.

Yeah, Timmo. You prick.

Did somebody say WINCH POLL™?

Edit: Now I look stupid Tobes, For clarity, Tobes accused Timmo of calling Wincho names in the poll. And then deleted his post when he realised I made the poll. I will ban Tobes for 24hrs until he cools down.

Just got in after a couple of days away, and caught up on this.

Amazing stuff from the increasingly odder Pilotwings!

Needless to say I've voted 'yes' and 'wincho is a massive cunt'.

Regarding the 'match throwing', in particular the keeper fuck up element, it's an astonishing claim. We are fucking terrible, and have been for the last 3 seasons so it was nothing unusual that we were bad that night. The comments pre-game were obviously in jest, the fact people have taken them seriously when adding in how bad we played on purpose, is fairly insulting.

I thought most people were of the same opinion that this edition of FIFA is easily the worst BAP playability-wise ever. It's utter, utter shit. FIFAisms win/influence every single game, it's constantly like playing in treacle, you can't pass in the direction you want, huge chipped through balls are like a glitch cheat and we have Wincho appearing week in week out. The only reason I'm still playing is in the slight hope that 12 is actually playable and I don't want to lose my place in the league when it's out.

I agree it's the worst of the 3 BAP-laden versions so far, but I don't think "It's utter, utter shit. FIFAisms win/influence every single game, it's constantly like playing in treacle, you can't pass in the direction you want, huge chipped through balls are like a glitch cheat" is quite right!

You didn't mention crosses for a start ;)

I agree it's the worst of the 3 BAP-laden versions so far, but I don't think "It's utter, utter shit. FIFAisms win/influence every single game, it's constantly like playing in treacle, you can't pass in the direction you want, huge chipped through balls are like a glitch cheat" is quite right!

You didn't mention crosses for a start ;)

That does come across a tad 'cunty' on reflection! I wasn't taking anything away from the teams that have done well, more ranting my own frustrations with the game.

It's a shame because I'm still liking the single player game (most unusual at this stage of it's life) but dread every thursday's BAP because it always leaves me flat. humdrumsadface.gif

I didn't think you were :)

There is no doubt that the result can affect how one feels about the game though (certainly in 1v1, so most probably in BAP too). Maybe that has affected my own feelings about it, but even with the pain of connection issues I still look forward to BAP every week.

I definitely did not move the keeper there intentionally, thanks for that Pilot. I never move the wall on free-kicks, I just get a player back on the line. I know it's on the bumpers/triggers but does it clash with change player? The only thing I may have done is to have been switching player as I was the any. I thought the keeper started there though.

I think the wall is linked to the 'close control' (move left) and 'sprint' (move right) buttons. I often accidentally move the wall by sprinting back to the goal line to block a quick shot.

And yeah, moving the wall is the only way you can move the keeper on a free kick - he re-positions himself as you move the wall around. Not sure what he was thinking he would achieve by standing in front of the post though...

It's a shame because I'm still liking the single player game (most unusual at this stage of it's life) but dread every thursday's BAP because it always leaves me flat. humdrumsadface.gif

Well it does make sense actually, since your doing well in your 1v1 league and not so in the Bap league.Just saying not arguing or anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!

Alls i can say is, im sorry pilot you do come across as a complete and utter prat here!

There is no possible way Tyler put the keeper there because as Wincho has said you cant move the keeper until the ball is in play.

Wincho may have many flaws and is commonly referred to as the cunt of the forum from many of his friends, but im sure even he wouldnt fabricate any of this just so Wanderers couldnt win the league (im assuming that is what you are trying to get at)

We all know Mackenie can at times take things a little too far or be a difficult person to reason with, but i doubt Wincho or any of the UTD lot would throw a match just so he couldnt win a pretend league.

Can i remind you that you dont actually win anything for winning the BAP league, there is no virtual cup or even any other sort of prize for that matter.

I suppose them few seconds before the 'video evidence' is when what you are saying supposedly happened...happened, so i suppose whoever did the video chopped it at just the right time to avoid suspicion?

mini rant over, ill leave you with a massive:

:lol:

and also a piece of advice:

remember the NATHPALM, cos you just had a massive one mate!

:facepalm:

Wincho may have many flaws and is commonly referred to as the cunt of the forum from many of his friends, but im sure even he wouldnt fabricate any of this just so Wanderers couldnt win the league (im assuming that is what you are trying to get at)

We all know Mackenie can at times take things a little too far or be a difficult person to reason with, but i doubt Wincho or any of the UTD lot would throw a match just so he couldnt win a pretend league.

7caa12ec.gif