IGNORED

Shakedown Y2K11 Deluxe Edition: Pilotwings vs. RPL United

Timmo

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So here and here we see Rllmuk Supporter Pilotwings making remarks about RPL United, seemingly implying there were shenanigans last season.

Where have these remarks stemmed from?

Why does Pilotwings feel aggrieved, seeing as his team - RPL Wanderers - went on to win the title?

Who something something?

Once again the Football League forumites have been called to the fore to get the bottom of this.

It's based on someone in the lobby saying 'don't worry Wanderers, we don't want Town winning the league so you'll be fine' and then our GK standing here for a free kick on one of the goals which Pilot says tyler did on purpose to 'throw' the games

:rolleyes:

It's based on someone in the lobby saying 'don't worry Wanderers, we don't want Town winning the league so you'll be fine' and then our GK standing here for a free kick on one of the goals which Pilot says tyler did on purpose to 'throw' the games

I remember the keeper being on his line and then rushing out all of a sudden.Defo looked like tyler brought him out to us. Some of the play from UTD looked like 3year olds wiggiling the analog sticks and smashing buttons.

I mean fair enough if you all had been drinking beers.

In all fairness and others have mentioned this also, United had almost zero chance of winning those games. United are were a dreadful team, even playing at their best the result wouldn't be far off what it was.

Fact

I remember the keeper being on his line and then rushing out all of a sudden.Defo looked like tyler brought him out to us.

The video is there Pilot. It is fairly clear we are not controlling the keepers starting position. It's not even possible to control him until the ball is live

The video is there Pilot. It is fairly clear we are not controlling the keepers starting position. It's not even possible to control him until the ball is live

I'm not really convinced.I remember him being on his line for quite a bit an then rushing into that place.

The thing is it wasn't just me who thought you guys pld shit on purpose. Even mac and rouge agreed! it's only me that it annoyed cause I like things being out in the open.

Let me get this straight then, you are saying the video evidence is not what actually happened :facepalm:

You cannot control the keeper until the ball is in play. It is impossible to move him whilst waiting for the kick to be taken. (tyler must have found a way though, devious sly cunning evil bastard that he is)

This is actually better than I thought it ever could be. I'm particularly loving the fact that we were shit in most games but in these it was 'deliberate' The fact that going into the games we had let in considerably more goals than anyone else in the league means nothing.

Brilliant!

From my memory I'm 99% sure nobody mentioned Town. There was stuff said like "congrats on the title" (before the games). It was just (perhaps misplaced) banter. Well, that and Wincho being a massive cunt. Your usual Thursday night fare.

I definitely did not move the keeper there intentionally, thanks for that Pilot. I never move the wall on free-kicks, I just get a player back on the line. I know it's on the bumpers/triggers but does it clash with change player? The only thing I may have done is to have been switching player as I was the any. I thought the keeper started there though.

Let me get this straight then, you are saying the video evidence is not what actually happened :facepalm:

You cannot control the keeper until the ball is in play. It is impossible to move him whilst waiting for the kick to be taken. (tyler must have found a way though, devious sly cunning evil bastard that he is)

(this is actually better than I thought it ever could be)

Well if you want to base your evidence of not throwing your final games on one little video.. go for it. Why would I lie about this? what would it achieve? I think I've played enough Fifa to know if people are messing about during games.

I won the league with Wanderers, so seriously the only reason I would have to bring it up is because I would rather every team had a fair chance to lift the trophy.

Well if you want to base your evidence of not throwing your final games on one little video.. go for it. Why would I lie about this? what would it achieve? I think I've played enough Fifa to know if people are messing about during games.

:wacko:

It's not just last season though is it :sherlock: ?

Look at United's performances in the final set of fixtures for the last three seasons (don't look back any further than that though).

Evidence is building, thank god Pilot has dared to speak up.

We finished 4th the season before and were shit again in that season. That was about the best we'd played all season

We had no Baring and no Steely and we lost Mitch and Gus after 5 minutes.

Wincho wtf? I'm sure every Wanderers player to read that would be like WTF?

:lol:

To be fair though, if United's CBs had both dropped, along with already being 2 men down from the start, then that'd obviously have a big impact. Especially against Wanderers who were clearly the best side in the league last season.

To be fair though, if United's CBs had both dropped, along with already being 2 men down from the start, then that'd obviously have a big impact. Especially against Wanderers who were clearly the best side in the league last season.

Plus they had USA, even City would have won if they had the USA

kid20stirring20pot_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Baring was playing CB. I can appreciate why you blocked out his performances that evening though.

lol after the first 20mins when i got into my stride i though i did alright. Only let those 2 cut back goals in i think.

Seriously though i thought we put in a cracking effort from 2-0 down and for the second game. We had more shots didnt we!

We were just ultra dogshit all season though and when we lose marginally at the end we are accused of cheating :lol: